On this day of prayer...

Canenable

Recruit
I thank whoever is responsible for allowing us to beat a team we are way more talented than in GTech, but with that said I also pray for the future of this team to be vastly improved from where it is today. My first prayer is that the Hurricanes run a sophisticated passing offense to replace the offense currently being run which reminds me of the plays run in 7th & 8th grade junior football (not quite as sophisticated as high school!). Seriously, the prayer is for Gattis to go, just go back to Bama and re-learn the coaching game before Saban retires, and bring in someone, anyone that will not put insomniacs to sleep with the Big Ten-esque play calling and offensive efficiency.

I pray for Kevin Steele to either figure out how to stop the other team if they run something so sophisticated as an up-tempo offense or to somehow get better players that he can teach how to tackle. If they kept stats for defenses in a formula like the QBR for QB's then they could track team defensive efficiency. In that statistic they would incorporate:

1) missed tackles,
2) yards gained after first hit,
3) yards gained before final tackler actually completes the tackle,
4) and my favorite factor this season would be to count the number of tackles missed because another defender tried to assist on a tackle and ended up knocking both tacklers off of the tacklee!

You would see a glaring deficiency in our defense and could quantify how poorly they were performing and identify more clearly who the weak links are or what coaching areas need improvement. The Canes defense seems to make the same mistakes so I would pray that someone on this highly talented (and paid) coaching staff could translate some of that talent (and salary) into creating a better defense.

I was excited to see Mario transform the team, I have come to grips now that it will take quite a bit of time to achieve a transformation, I have even understood that Mario is like the chemotherapy and it will make us sicker before it makes us better, but this isn't effing cancer and people getting paid this much should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time, winning with these players is not some Herculean task like cancer remission, you could win with these players while building the end product you are striving for, or is losing part of "the process"? We have to lose before we can win, is that it? It just looks like we have a coaching staff that is not willing to use the talent that the players in front of them have but rather want to shave Cinderella's foot down to fit the shoe instead of vice-versa. We could have won 10 games this year and still implemented the big picture, would have actually made it easier to recruit, probably. I am all-in on anything that produces the long-term goal of greatness for this program but you are asking a lot from the fanbase to sit and watch purposeful losing to make your point get across.

At this point would TVD stay? Garcia clearly isn't staying as he is being passed over for an athletic and inaccurate freshman qb, I would suggest UGA for Garcia if they will have him. So we will be left long-term with hoping we can teach Jacurri to hit receivers on the run (in their pattern and not back in another direction or stopping in the endzone waiting for the ball to arrive, try that against Clemson next week kid!). All that coaching talent assembled on one staff and we are sitting at 5-5 in one of the weakest Power 5 divisions in college football in years. This staff couldn't figure out how to outscore Texas A&M, one of the truly horrific offenses I have ever seen. We couldn't stay close to Duke at home yet somehow GTech found a way to beat Duke and hold them to 278 yards of offense and 20 points. The combination of our bad offensive play calls, tons of turnovers and our defense this season that gives up 50+ yard plays like I give out Halloween candy has led to a 5-5 record to this point with double-digit losses to Middle Tennessee, Duke and FSU in our homecoming game, are we trying to turn off every recruit in the country and make the task Mount Everest in size before we start doing what it takes to win?

This has been malpractice to date, the response to this season would be replacing the offense and the defense and the coordinators that run them, and maybe we won't take 3 months to analyze who we need this time and can install whatever offense we will be running before fall practice starts. I love Mario's passion and dedication to this program, but putting a **** product on the field is not necessary before you build the Taj Mahal, walk and chew gum at the same time and prepare game plans that can actually beat teams like Middle Tennessee, who doesn't know they run the air-raid offense and yet we looked clueless in that game from beginning to end. So glad to watch yesterday's game up until the 2nd quarter when I watched a 15-play 99 yard drive happen at the end of which I am surprised our DB's weren't lined up in the stands they were playing off so far that drive. You want support from folks that have been around since before the era you played in Mario? Well then show someone adjustments to what is not working that give long term hope. That defense was not a long term solution, 4 picks that are NOT caused by our defensive line pressure is not the recipe, nor is getting a 14 point lead and then allowing 99 yard drives right before the half because they switch to an up-tempo offense and no one reacts for 15 plays! The Gtech coach should be fired for not coming out with that offense the first drive of the 2nd half. There is no rule in the NCAA rule book that says you have to stop scoring when you get 14 points ahead nor are you obligated to let the other team back in every game that you play and take a lead in.

I have no idea how we will do against Pitt the last game of the season, but I do know that we will get blown out by Clemson and that we will miss as many tackles as is humanly possible in that game. I can also guarantee that if we ever have a lead in that game we will squander it as quickly as possible. Prove me wrong and you might get some believers back that think this is not going to take years to scale the Mount Everest of a problem that was not as big of a problem the day we signed Mario as it appears to be 10 games into his tenure. I want this to happen, I am being patient and I am venting for the first time this season, I even shut up after FSU, but someone needs to be held accountable and fired for the performance on the field this year and I am not saying it is Mario but eventually it will be Mario. Get an Offensive philosophy that might fill the stands that is from this century that can be successful on the field and in recruiting. Get a defense that can cause chaos for the other team instead of looking like a Benny Hill comedy bit with defenders knocking out their own teammates more than players from the other team. Build a successful program and the stands will be filled, play like this and expect to have no one believing in "the process". NIL money is not worth looking ridiculous in losses for any kid, **** you might even be able to woo those you lost for NIL money back again if you showed less money to them but more success (eh hum, Shemar Stewart). But when you lose, well success has many father's and failure is an orphan.

Advertisement
I dont think today is the day for this type of post, even the biggest of sunshine pumpers know we are a terrible terrible football team and are resigned to enjoy maybe the last of football wins of season. Just enjoy because you might get dragged..

Advertisement
3E343D82-3AF3-4382-B740-0B6F4AE09D49.jpeg

I thank whoever is responsible for allowing us to beat a team we are way more talented than in GTech, but with that said I also pray for the future of this team to be vastly improved from where it is today. My first prayer is that the Hurricanes run a sophisticated passing offense to replace the offense currently being run which reminds me of the plays run in 7th & 8th grade junior football (not quite as sophisticated as high school!). Seriously, the prayer is for Gattis to go, just go back to Bama and re-learn the coaching game before Saban retires, and bring in someone, anyone that will not put insomniacs to sleep with the Big Ten-esque play calling and offensive efficiency.

I pray for Kevin Steele to either figure out how to stop the other team if they run something so sophisticated as an up-tempo offense or to somehow get better players that he can teach how to tackle. If they kept stats for defenses in a formula like the QBR for QB's then they could track team defensive efficiency. In that statistic they would incorporate:

1) missed tackles,
4) and my favorite factor this season would be to count the number of tackles missed because another defender tried to assist on a tackle and ended up knocking both tacklers off of the tacklee!

You would see a glaring deficiency in our defense and could quantify how poorly they were performing and identify more clearly who the weak links are or what coaching areas need improvement. The Canes defense seems to make the same mistakes so I would pray that someone on this highly talented (and paid) coaching staff could translate some of that talent (and salary) into creating a better defense.

I was excited to see Mario transform the team, I have come to grips now that it will take quite a bit of time to achieve a transformation, I have even understood that Mario is like the chemotherapy and it will make us sicker before it makes us better, but this isn't effing cancer and people getting paid this much should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time, winning with these players is not some Herculean task like cancer remission, you could win with these players while building the end product you are striving for, or is losing part of "the process"? We have to lose before we can win, is that it? It just looks like we have a coaching staff that is not willing to use the talent that the players in front of them have but rather want to shave Cinderella's foot down to fit the shoe instead of vice-versa. We could have won 10 games this year and still implemented the big picture, would have actually made it easier to recruit, probably. I am all-in on anything that produces the long-term goal of greatness for this program but you are asking a lot from the fanbase to sit and watch purposeful losing to make your point get across.

At this point would TVD stay? Garcia clearly isn't staying as he is being passed over for an athletic and inaccurate freshman qb, I would suggest UGA for Garcia if they will have him. So we will be left long-term with hoping we can teach Jacurri to hit receivers on the run (in their pattern and not back in another direction or stopping in the endzone waiting for the ball to arrive, try that against Clemson next week kid!). All that coaching talent assembled on one staff and we are sitting at 5-5 in one of the weakest Power 5 divisions in college football in years. This staff couldn't figure out how to outscore Texas A&M, one of the truly horrific offenses I have ever seen. We couldn't stay close to Duke at home yet somehow GTech found a way to beat Duke and hold them to 278 yards of offense and 20 points. The combination of our bad offensive play calls, tons of turnovers and our defense this season that gives up 50+ yard plays like I give out Halloween candy has led to a 5-5 record to this point with double-digit losses to Middle Tennessee, Duke and FSU in our homecoming game, are we trying to turn off every recruit in the country and make the task Mount Everest in size before we start doing what it takes to win?

This has been malpractice to date, the response to this season would be replacing the offense and the defense and the coordinators that run them, and maybe we won't take 3 months to analyze who we need this time and can install whatever offens
This is why people quit going to church FFS.

Advertisement
OP processing, let him. But I’d be damned if last night didn’t offer a sign of life in this program, and a hopeful future. You could actually see the young ones hustle.

Advertisement
OP processing, let him. But I’d be damned if last night didn’t offer a sign of life in this program, and a hopeful future. You could actually see the young ones hustle.
Always signs of life when you see a freshman QB play like that

Yes GT sucks and Brown is likely going to get killed if he starts against Clemson. His post game interview was refreshing as well. Really seems to have a bright future ahead of him and all of us should be able to be happy about that

If they aren’t then they’re probably just miserable in general

Advertisement

1) missed tackles,

This has been malpractice to date, the response to this season would be replacing the offense and the defense and the coordinators that run them, and maybe we won't take 3 months to analyze who we need this time and can install whatever offense we will be running before fall practice starts. I love Mario's passion and dedication to this program, but putting a **** product on the field is not necessary before you build the Taj Mahal, walk and chew gum at the same time and prepare game plans that can actually beat teams like Middle Tennessee, who doesn't know they run the air-raid offense and yet we looked clueless in that game from beginning to end. So glad to watch yesterday's game up until the 2nd quarter when I watched a 15-play 99 yard drive happen at the end of which I am surprised our DB's weren't lined up in the stands they were playing off so far that drive. You want support from folks that have been around since before the era you played in Mario? Well then show someone adjustments to what is not working that give long term hope. That defense was not a long term solution, 4 picks that are NOT caused by our defensive line pressure is not the recipe, nor is getting a 14 point lead and then allowing 99 yard drives right before the half because they switch to an up-tempo offense and no one reacts for 15 plays! The Gtech coach should be fired for not coming out with that offense the first drive of the 2nd half. There is no rule in the NCAA rule book that says you have to stop scoring when you get 14 points ahead nor are you obligated to let the other team back in every game that you play and take a lead in.

I have no idea how we will do against Pitt the last game of the season, but I do know that we will get blown out by Clemson and that we will miss as many tackles as is humanly possible in that game. I can also guarantee that if we ever have a lead in that game we will squander it as quickly as possible. Prove me wrong and you might get some believers back that think this is not going to take years to scale the Mount Everest of a problem that was not as big of a problem the day we signed Mario as it appears to be 10 games into his tenure. I want this to happen, I am being patient and I am venting for the first time this season, I even shut up after FSU, but someone needs to be held accountable and fired for the performance on the field this year and I am not saying it is Mario but eventually it will be Mario. Get an Offensive philosophy that might fill the stands that is from this century that can be successful on the field and in recruiting. Get a defense that can cause chaos for the other team instead of looking like a Benny Hill comedy bit with defenders knocking out their own teammates more than players from the other team. Build a successful program and the stands will be filled, play like this and expect to have no one believing in "the process". NIL money is not worth ridiculous in losses for any kid, **** you might even be able to woo those you lost for NIL money back again if you showed less money to them but more success (eh hum, Shemar Stewart). But when you lose, well success has many father's and failure is an orphan.

1) missed tackles,

I have no idea how we will do against Pitt the last game of the season, but I do know that we will get blown out by Clemson and that we will miss as many tackles as is humanly possible in that game. I can also guarantee that if we ever have a lead in that game we will squander it as quickly as possible. Prove me wrong and you might get some believers back that think this is not going to take years to scale the Mount Everest of a problem that was not as big of a problem the day we signed Mario as it appears to be 10 games into his tenure. I want this to happen, I am being patient and I am venting for the first time this season, I even shut up after FSU, but someone needs to be held accountable and fired for the performance on the field this year and I am not saying it is Mario but eventually it will be Mario. Get an Offensive philosophy that might fill the stands that is from this century that can be successful on the field and in recruiting. Get a defense that can cause chaos for the other team instead of looking like a Benny Hill comedy bit with defenders knocking out their own teammates more than players from the other team. Build a successful program and the stands will be filled, play like this and expect to have no one believing in "the process". NIL money is not worth looking ridiculous in losses for any kid, **** you might even be able to woo those you lost for NIL money back again if you showed less money to them but more success (eh hum, Shemar Stewart). But when you lose, well success has many father's and failure is an orphan.

confused sabaw GIF by mushroommovie

1) missed tackles,

Executive summary for my fellow porsters...

l1J9APRq3KpgBZhkY.gif

+

miniGif_20221113130320.gif

+

miniGif_20221113130338.gif

+

3ohhwGfoH5xLafsgb6.gif

=

26n6U4k2tRRvB3kQ0.gif

Always signs of life when you see a freshman QB play like that

Yes GT sucks and Brown is likely going to get killed if he starts against Clemson. His post game interview was refreshing as well. Really seems to have a bright future ahead of him and all of us should be able to be happy about that

If they aren’t then they’re probably just miserable in general
Agree and I would add, Brown or any of our QBs is likely going to get killed. . . .

Advertisement
Back