On newly entrants and our profound deficiency of present cbs

hamburgerhipster

Band
Banned
Hello,

I'm here to discuss in further detail a hypothetical solution for the unending and torrential debate of our deficiency in cornerback play. One proposed solution by several recruiting experts such as Charles Fishbein, yet not ever proposed in this morage of brutes, is the long term potential of either Dionte Mullins or Ahmmon Richards to both improve and provide high impact cornerback play.

Given that we need these two to make it in with Bruce to school in the first place, and wide receiver pure talent and depth is also of concern, I understand this is not a shallow issue. That said, Harris is coming in and Bruce has the look of a stud, so having just one more of the two studs as a Wr and placing the other as a cornerback:

A) still deals with talent deficiency at wide receiver
B) adds another potential stud with young to compete with what we have on roster
C) creates less of a top heavy or weak situation at wr ( 3 instead of four ) and cb (2 instead of 1) so we also get better class separation.

Sincerely

Advertisement
Hello,

I'm here to discuss in further detail a hypothetical solution for the unending and torrential debate of our deficiency in cornerback play. One proposed solution by several recruiting experts such as Charles Fishbein, yet not ever proposed in this morage of brutes, is the long term potential of either Dionte Mullins or Ahmmon Richards to both improve and provide high impact cornerback play.

Given that we need these two to make it in with Bruce to school in the first place, and wide receiver pure talent and depth is also of concern, I understand this is not a shallow issue. That said, Harris is coming in and Bruce has the look of a stud, so having just one more of the two studs as a Wr and placing the other as a cornerback:

B) adds another potential stud with young to compete with what we have on roster
C) creates less of a top heavy or weak situation at wr ( 3 instead of four ) and cb (2 instead of 1) so we also get better class separation.

Sincerely

Finley, Young , Wright these guys will get put in right away is my guess. They will move somebodyfrom Safety to CB if they have too. Mullin, Richards and Bruce will all play next year . Our Wr depth and speed is just as horrible

Greetings my sesquipedalian friend! I don't think we can really get an accurate answer for this until all three prospects are enrolled and practicing in summer/fall, but your hypothesis is not entirely without merit, in my opinion. However, again I would stress vehemently that our esteemed coaching staff should get a good look at their respective talents at wide receiver first before proffering any kind of position change.

Excuse me but I slightly disagree: having two high impact freshmen wide receivers and one as a high impact cornerback (not including mister young) makes more sense than three high impact freshmen wide receivers in one class
and forcing guys whose best position is safety to fill the holes.

Perhaps, but to clarify my point is that the coaches won't necessarily know the extent of their impact - high or otherwise - at any position at the college level until they are on campus and practicing at said positions. Another factor to consider is how they were recruited out of high school. It might come across as disingenuous if all three were recruited as wide receivers and one is switched to defense upon arrival...

Advertisement
Excuse me but I slightly disagree: having two high impact freshmen wide receivers and one as a high impact cornerback (not including mister young) makes more sense than three high impact freshmen wide receivers in one class
and forcing guys whose best position is safety to fill the holes.

what about moving Johnson to CB?

Last edited:
Further, while Diaz has been quite vocal regarding his opinions on our cornerback situation, Coach Richt has been equally unimpressed with our collective speed at wide receiver. Both are positions of equal need, in my opinion, albeit on opposite sides of the ball.

Further, while Diaz has been quite vocal regarding his opinions on our cornerback situation, Coach Richt has been equally unimpressed with our collective speed at wide receiver. Both are positions of equal need, in my opinion, albeit on opposite sides of the ball.

Don't forget the staff also publicly said they're looking for grad transfers and other transfers who would be eligible to play immediately

agree we will lose one problem and cause another one. We need a juco CB and maybe move Johnson to CB too.

Advertisement
None of the WRs have enough exp at CB or project well enough at cb to warrant a switch. By the time theyve leaned the position a true freshmen from the 17 class who actually played CB would come beat them out. Total wast imo.

Most importantly bruce and richards the two most would nomitate as having cb skills wont be enrolled till summer so a posisition switch in 2 months time is just not feasible.

Hello,

Sincerely

Let me blow up your well written proposal with a few simple words. The entrants you discuss will have virtually zero impact on improving 2016's cb situation at all. Counting on an inexperienced freshman with little to no real primary positional DB experience is 1st grade level wishful thinking. Like waiting for unicorns to arrive.

Sincerely

The last two replies are quite foolish for multiple reasons. The first fact is trusted scouts have gone on the record saying that the upside of mister Mullins and mister Richards might be highest at cornerback. How must it be so obvious that a) that either won't improve our current two deep or b) that a hypothetical senior of high school will like the elder wand cast a spell and overtake either of these two prime stallions after a year in our beloved program?

I also believe the readers fail to grasp the simple notion: how do three receivers of wide drastically improve the positional team speed more than two receivers of wide?

It would be folly for mister rumph not to fight and be placated on either mister Mullins or mister Richards. Two amongst three of Bruce and either the others is already an immediate injection needle of team speed.

Advertisement
The last two replies are quite foolish for multiple reasons. The first fact is trusted scouts have gone on the record saying that the upside of mister Mullins and mister Richards might be highest at cornerback. How must it be so obvious that a) that either won't improve our current two deep or b) that a hypothetical senior of high school will like the elder wand cast a spell and overtake either of these two prime stallions after a year in our beloved program?

I also believe the readers fail to grasp the simple notion: how do three receivers of wide drastically improve the positional team speed more than two receivers of wide?

It would be folly for mister rumph not to fight and be placated on either mister Mullins or mister Richards. Two amongst three of Bruce and either the others is already an immediate injection needle of team speed.

You are a certified idiot with high levels of estrogen. Take the kak out of your mouth and take a deep breath. You have no clue what you're talking about.

You do understand what the term upside implies? Let me help you..."little to no experience, no impact for 2016". Furthermore richards is the only #1 receiver we have besides coley who graduates and cager who has a long way to go. So do you want to enter 2017 with 1 true #1 receiver?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back