Omier injury (UPDATE: PLAYING VS DRAKE)

Advertisement
As for as Omier's situation, I am trusting Coach L on making the call, if he plays, how much, and when. One thing I know, coach L will make the best choice for Omier, I am sure he has a plan and has discussed it with him.
I think it's the training staff's decision/call moreso than it is L's.

Advertisement

Screenshot_20230317_134200_Twitter.jpg

Well Webber was so stunned he didn't get called for 2 obvious travelling violations maybe he thought he could get away with the timeout too. Ha. I can't remember who but a bench player was yelling at him to take a TO IIRC.
Michael Talley was yelling for Webber to call the TO. And Webber turned around after and yelled at him.
Great memory about the non-traveling calls.

Advertisement
Michael Talley was yelling for Webber to call the TO. And Webber turned around after and yelled at him.
Great memory about the non-traveling calls.
Getting way OT here but Talley's son actually murdered some youth football coach in Michigan over some weed. Was recently sentenced to like 40 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You don't throw all your munitions at the first army you face because you're worried if they beat you the war is over. Because when you fight the next battle you won't have anything left and the war will be over. People get paid a lot of money to find out what it takes to win a battle in the most efficient way possible. If Coach L thinks you can't win without him then you play him. If he thinks they can win, and rest would improve his health, then you wait.

Don’t think your war is an accurate analogy in this case. If losing the battle means your ultimate demise you throw everything you have because it’s your survival that’s on the line. Losing the battle in this tournament means losing the war.

In war there are times you can retreat and live to fight another day. No retreating here. You win the battle you advance. You lose you are done.

I agree if L thinks he can win without Omier then by all means rest him. But I don’t think L will sit him if he is good to go.

I can see playing him at first to see how the ankle reacts and if they can get control of the game.

I also think you want to put Omier in to get him ready and shake off some rust.

Put me in the camp that says Omier should get the extra couple days without playing on that ankle tonight. This team should be able to beat Drake without him. I mean, he's just a privately effeminate, overhyped rapper who sounds the exact same on every single song. This UM team should be able to get past Drake and let Omier play on Sunday.

That way he'll only have one game of abuse on that ankle before getting another week off.

Advertisement
Back