Omier injury (UPDATE: PLAYING VS DRAKE)

Obviously there was an issue because it’s not a one game season so you don’t just play Omier without considering how it will impact his availability for the next game where we will likely need him more.

I said all this already and was responding to a post that said it’s a one game season - implying you play him regardless of how it impacts his availability for the next game. I don’t agree with that.

It’s not a one game season - and that’s one I was responding to. But thanks for the post.
You apparently have more confidence in our beating Drake without Omier than I do. I think we need him tonight or a matchup with Indiana ain't all that likely to happen.

Advertisement
insightful insight here

If it is up to the kid, then he is playing. He loves ball and he is a fierce competitor. You don't work inside like he does if you aren't. A guy like him is dying to play especially knowing we most likely beat Duke last week if he does not get hurt.

Last edited:
and the latest

If that is the metric, then he is not playing this tournament. Of course it is going to swell. The questions are what is the training staff doing to reduce the swelling and how is the ankle responding before he starts warms up an hour before the game?

Yes sir! No doubt in my mind this kid is playing. The kid has the heart of a lion.

Has nothing to do with his heart and everything to do with his ankle.

It's not his choice; it's the coaches and if that ankle isn't ready, he's not playing.

All week the chatter has been that he won't play Friday, so he'd had to have healed fast to change expectations to get him out there today.

Everything I'd heard, he'd sit today and they'd roll him for Sunday's round to get two extra days of treatment and healing.

Advertisement
If that is the metric, then he is not playing this tournament. Of course it is going to swell. The questions are what is the training staff doing to reduce the swelling and how is the ankle responding before he starts warms up an hour before the game?

Swelling up from running through a light workout is different than swelling from playing a full game.

If the ankle puffed up overnight from some light drills on Thursday he won't be playing Friday.

We’ll need a dozen threes or more in this opener to win and moving forward as competition increases we’ll have to just sit on perimeter and basically be a three point shooting contest the most wins.

GOCANES
Why? That hasn’t been our game plan at all this year why would we start that now even if Omier is out?

Advertisement
Advertisement
We just need to run our offense man. From what I saw yesterday, brick city. Worst shooting opening day I can recall. All those lower seeds have been historically dangerous cause they can shoot. This year, not so much. We score we got a shot at this whole darn thing.
northern kentucky had houston on the ropes. they missed a ton of open shots. the left handed shooting car kept jacking it up from downtown thinking he was Downtown Willy Brown but he isn't. i wanted to choke him. they hit their shots they beat houston

UVa was sheer stupidity, probably ranks up there with Webber... but goodness knows that we are not immune to that kinda play... if FSU was any indication
I think it was worse than Webber because neither Clark nor Bennett called the timeout that they had. At least Webber was just 1 person making a mental mistake. Yesterday was 2 mental mistakes and a physical mistake.

Advertisement
Everything. Including pain killers a hour before the game. Sorry it needs to be acknowledged.

I think it was worse than Webber because neither Clark nor Bennett called the timeout that they had. At least Webber was just 1 person making a mental mistake. Yesterday was 2 mental mistakes and a physical mistake.
Well Webber was so stunned he didn't get called for 2 obvious travelling violations maybe he thought he could get away with the timeout too. Ha. I can't remember who but a bench player was yelling at him to take a TO IIRC.

To be fair we’ve played the entire year very well without Omar. Since we don’t have a player named Omar.

FatIncomparableHornedtoad-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
Back