Omier injury (UPDATE: PLAYING VS DRAKE)

And what if Indiana gets beat first round?

Let's not make too many simple statements.

Honestly Indiana is a team I would have loved to play in round 2 with Omier healthy.

Even without Omier… TJD is dominant but only 6’9” - I could see us staying in the game if we shoot reasonably well.

Lot of variables - and I really hope Omier is on the court Friday/Sunday… but there’s still a chance for special things to happen even if he isn’t.

Advertisement
Honestly Indiana is a team I would have loved to play in round 2 with Omier healthy.

Even without Omier… TJD is dominant but only 6’9” - I could see us staying in the game if we shoot reasonably well.

Lot of variables - and I really hope Omier is on the court Friday/Sunday… but there’s still a chance for special things to happen even if he isn’t.

miami would have been in the game against duke if they had made a few very reasonable shots and some free throws.

miami would have been in the game against duke if they had made a few very reasonable shots and some free throws.
We had numerous chances to put some space between us and Duke late 2nd half. Couple of missed 3s... followed by dumb 3pt from Walker, lean out scoop from behind basket by Walker again, missed rebound by Walker leading to Wong foul, other than just flailing like a rental car inflatable tube man, he couldn't box anybody out to save his life... .
...hate to rant on Walker but he had no business being on the court in the second half..

Last edited:
We had numerous chances to put some space between us and Duke when we were up by 1 late 2nd half. Couple of missed 3s... followed by dumb 3pt from Walker, lean out scoop from behind basket by Walker again, missed rebound by Walker leading to Wong foul...
...hate to rant on Walker but he had no business being on the court in the second half..

He made some nice plays down the stretch tho. He had a cut and dunk on a dish from Wooga; an impressive and1; and should've drawn a charge from Filipowski.

We had numerous chances to put some space between us and Duke late 2nd half. Couple of missed 3s... followed by dumb 3pt from Walker, lean out scoop from behind basket by Walker again, missed rebound by Walker leading to Wong foul, other than just flailing like a rental car air puppet, he couldn't box anybody out to save his life... .

this team lacks depth.

Advertisement
We had numerous chances to put some space between us and Duke late 2nd half. Couple of missed 3s... followed by dumb 3pt from Walker, lean out scoop from behind basket by Walker again, missed rebound by Walker leading to Wong foul, other than just flailing like a rental car inflatable tube man, he couldn't box anybody out to save his life... .

Walker is shooting 10% from 3 this season (2 for 20). Got to let my guy cook. He is due!

Walker is shooting 10% from 3 this season (2 for 20). Got to let my guy cook. He is due!

Really sad thing is the vast majority were not even close. It’s not like they look good but have just been a little off.

Walker needs to spend the whole summer with Bob Rotella if he’s gonna come back next year.

Miami gets by Drake by 5-7.

Against Indiana, you'l need to run them out of the arena and use athleticism and quickness. Setting up to run an offense based on 7 passes, will be a recipe for disaster. Without a big man in the middle, you can't get the ball close to the basket to force their defense to drop low and free up the outside shooters.

Gotta play fast against Indiana and keep the ball moving.

this team lacks depth.

Actually, we lack heighth...

rimshot.png

Advertisement
That he’s able to walk on it.

Scooter is to limit load and a steps while they’re trying to accelerate recovery.

I believe Coach L was straight up in the interview. They’re hoping for him to play but nobody knows - and probably nobody will know - for sure until Thursday.
He’s walking on it so that’s a big positive.

Miami gets by Drake by 5-7.

Against Indiana, you'l need to run them out of the arena and use athleticism and quickness. Setting up to run an offense based on 7 passes, will be a recipe for disaster. Without a big man in the middle, you can't get the ball close to the basket to force their defense to drop low and free up the outside shooters.

Gotta play fast against Indiana and keep the ball moving.
I think we play a lot of small ball, get Omier back for Indiana and we make the final 4!

Advertisement
Duke is loaded with size while playing their best basketball of the season and we **** near took them out on their pseudo home floor/crowd with home cooking awful refereeing without Omier the entire game.

Some of you need to sack up.

Remind me why we should be scared of Drake again? And for that matter Indiana too.

Duke would rock both of those squads. Just like we’re about to! []_[]

It's the NCAA tournament, it's called March Madness for a reason, so I will never speak in absolutes about anything regarding this tournament. Literally anything can, and often does, happen.

But I will say, if Omier is out through Friday and potentially Sunday, this team will be very, very hard pressed to make the Sweet 16. He is such a huge part of who they are and what they do, it's literally a completely different team when he's out of the lineup.

Drake is going to be a hard game regardless. Even with a fully healthy Omier, I don't think we're more than a few point favorite. They can play.

And then if you get by them, both Indiana and Kent State are quality clubs. I've seen a lot of people just dismissing Kent State on this board like they're not even capable of beating IU. Take a look at all the 4/13 matchups. Take a wild guess who is the smallest favorite of any of the 4 seeds? Yep. Indiana. The books know the deal....Kent State is **** good. They only lost 6 games all year, and 3 of them were in the non-conference. At Charleston by 2 (Charleston is in the tournament as a 12 seed). At Houston by 5 (Houston is a 1 seed). And at Gonzaga by 7 (3 seed). And 3 road conference games. That's it. Don't be surprised at all if they beat Indiana.

Bottom line, we need Omier to advance. Is it possible to make the Sweet 16 without him? Of course. But I don't think it happens. With him at full strength, I'm very confident in making the 2nd weekend. Without him, I'll be pretty surprised if we do.

Advertisement
It's the NCAA tournament, it's called March Madness for a reason, so I will never speak in absolutes about anything regarding this tournament. Literally anything can, and often does, happen.

But I will say, if Omier is out through Friday and potentially Sunday, this team will be very, very hard pressed to make the Sweet 16. He is such a huge part of who they are and what they do, it's literally a completely different team when he's out of the lineup.

Drake is going to be a hard game regardless. Even with a fully healthy Omier, I don't think we're more than a few point favorite. They can play.

And then if you get by them, both Indiana and Kent State are quality clubs. I've seen a lot of people just dismissing Kent State on this board like they're not even capable of beating IU. Take a look at all the 4/13 matchups. Take a wild guess who is the smallest favorite of any of the 4 seeds? Yep. Indiana. The books know the deal....Kent State is **** good. They only lost 6 games all year, and 3 of them were in the non-conference. At Charleston by 2 (Charleston is in the tournament as a 12 seed). At Houston by 5 (Houston is a 1 seed). And at Gonzaga by 7 (3 seed). And 3 road conference games. That's it. Don't be surprised at all if they beat Indiana.

Bottom line, we need Omier to advance. Is it possible to make the Sweet 16 without him? Of course. But I don't think it happens. With him at full strength, I'm very confident in making the 2nd weekend. Without him, I'll be pretty surprised if we do.

I think Kent State is more dangerous than Drake… but they are even more vertically challenged than us.

We could beat both Drake and Kent State without Omier. The biggest issue against Indiana would be on the boards. I do think Miller could defend TJD... but we’d have to outshoot the rebounding deficit.

I think we play a lot of small ball, get Omier back for Indiana and we make the final 4!

I think we will see our Nova scramble D at its finest, without Omeir on the court ...
And if our shooters can get firing at 40% from 3 pt, we will be preppin for Houston this time next week

The ride is over, gentlemen. Or is it? Ghey Bilas has officially picked Drake to beat us....but then is kinda picking us to beat Houston if Omier gets healthy. God. Dookies are effing annoying. I blame that school for all of Kyrie's opinions and theories.

Screenshot_20230314_092313_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Back