Omier enters name in NBA draft

Advertisement
Would be really disappointing to see Omier suit up for another college program. Thought the dude was all Cane. Oh well, I guess this sums up what college athletics has turned into…
I think that some blue blood gave him a crazy offer. It's obvious that Omier loved his time at Miami, he loved playing for L, but this is a business and someone made him the kind of offer that is going to be life changing. I don't blame him for taking advantage. I've come to the realization that we have to view these student athletes the same way we view pros. You appreciate what they've done for the franchise, but know that most of them aren't going to be there forever. Omier was a great ambassador for the University, and while I wished he would return, it is what it is.

The day of guys like Julian Gamble and Zay Wong, guys that stayed for 4-5 years and became not only a part of the University but of the community are over.

Woah…….this is like that mass exodus season in 2020-2021. I’d assume George is gone too. Who knows about Cleveland.

Advertisement
Has it been confirmed on cleveland? If so I like the potential for this squad next yr. Maybe add 1 or 2 more pieces if they can. Could be a decent yr
Pack and Cleveland are staying. Everyone else are goners. With the money being thrown around for transfers, not overly surprised to see Omier hitting the portal instead of going pro.

Advertisement
Pack and Cleveland are staying. Everyone else are goners. With the money being thrown around for transfers, not overly surprised to see Omier hitting the portal instead of going pro.
Yea I knew about pack returning. Hadn't seen anything official on cleveland. Hopefully he lives up to his hype this season assuming he has a more expanded role

Good for Norchad. Hope he gets paid whatever he does. Thank you for your time here and good luck.

I don’t understand people knocking these kids while simultaneously seeing who we can land in the portal. It’s a business and it’s time to be honest with expectations.

Good for Norchad. Hope he gets paid whatever he does. Thank you for your time here and good luck.

I don’t understand people knocking these kids while simultaneously seeing who we can land in the portal. It’s a business and it’s time to be honest with expectations.
I agree with you. If Miami isn't able to afford Norchad, that is a Miami problem, not a Norchad Omier problem.

And Jim will still do everything he can to help Norchad get to the next level.

Advertisement
I agree with you. If Miami isn't able to afford Norchad, that is a Miami problem, not a Norchad Omier problem.
I don't think it's a "Miami can't afford Norchad" situation, it's more a "We aren't going to blow the entire NIL budget on one good, but hardly spectacular player" situation. Norchad is a very good collegiate basketball player, but he isn't the kind of player that can carry a team by himself, and that's the kind of player you blow your entire NIL budget on. Blue Bloods have a bottomless budget, they are paying players big money to sit on the bench, Miami will never do that. Miami has competitive NIL, not "New York Yankees on a spending spree" NIL.

I don't think it's a "Miami can't afford Norchad" situation, it's more a "We aren't going to blow the entire NIL budget on one good, but hardly spectacular player" situation. Norchad is a very good collegiate basketball player, but he isn't the kind of player that can carry a team by himself, and that's the kind of player you blow your entire NIL budget on. Blue Bloods have a bottomless budget, they are paying players big money to sit on the bench, Miami will never do that. Miami has competitive NIL, not "New York Yankees on a spending spree" NIL.

Right. That’s a Miami problem vs a Norchad problem. We have to do what we can. He has to do it for him.

Right. That’s a Miami problem vs a Norchad problem. We have to do what we can. He has to do it for him.
And that's why I fully understand why he's leaving. I'm going to miss him, he's a 'Cane, but this is a business, and I'll never have a problem with someone getting the bag. As I said in a previous post, I'm willing to bet dude got what can be considered life changing money + perks and the chance to play at a blue blood for a year.

Advertisement
And that's why I fully understand why he's leaving. I'm going to miss him, he's a 'Cane, but this is a business, and I'll never have a problem with someone getting the bag. As I said in a previous post, I'm willing to bet dude got what can be considered life changing money + perks and the chance to play at a blue blood for a year.

For sure. No hate for him at all. Go be great Norchad!

I think that some blue blood gave him a crazy offer. It's obvious that Omier loved his time at Miami, he loved playing for L, but this is a business and someone made him the kind of offer that is going to be life changing. I don't blame him for taking advantage. I've come to the realization that we have to view these student athletes the same way we view pros. You appreciate what they've done for the franchise, but know that most of them aren't going to be there forever. Omier was a great ambassador for the University, and while I wished he would return, it is what it is.

The day of guys like Julian Gamble and Zay Wong, guys that stayed for 4-5 years and became not only a part of the University but of the community are over.
esp considering he wont be making NBA money

Advertisement
Back