Omier enters name in NBA draft

Advertisement
Advertisement
Trust no one. If they're even thinking of leaving, be filling their spot. Point blank, period.

Norchad Omier, thank you for your service - you were a part of some great Canes memories for me. Best of luck, I will be rooting for you.

Now fill his spot and then some.

See, that easy.

Advertisement
The issue is that Norchad isn't getting any taller. He's shot is what it is, and in today's NBA, there just isn't room for a physical guy like him anymore. He was born 20 years too late. In the 80s and 90s, he'd be a Charles Oakley type; a physical dude that can rebound, defend and serve as a solid secondary scoring option. In today's game, if you aren't a dynamite scorer, you might as well get lost because teams consistently undervalue role players.
His jumper has improved noticeably in the last year alone. He's been playing basketball for less than 10 years; he's far from a finished product. He absolutely has the potential to be a Wal-Mart brand Draymond

Some kids just hate college that much i guess. Doubt he will get drafted, and he could make more in college next year with NIL. Or he was fed crap from a snakey agent.

Bacot came back to UNC making like a million.
Not saying Norchad would get that much, but..

Some kids just hate college that much i guess. Doubt he will get drafted, and he could make more in college next year with NIL. Or he was fed crap from a snakey agent.

He’s been in college four years and likely capped out as a player. Not surprised with the decision at all

Advertisement
His jumper has improved noticeably in the last year alone. He's been playing basketball for less than 10 years; he's far from a finished product. He absolutely has the potential to be a Wal-Mart brand Draymond
NBA teams aren't willing to wait for a great value Draymond. No one is willing to wait for someone to develop into a decent role player, that lucked into the perfect system for their skillset. People forget that even at his best, Draymond was borderline useless if he played for any other team. He was a key cog on a dynasty, but his skillset didn't translate to many teams outside of Golden State. Teams aren't willing to wait, when they have guys that already have that skillset and can play right now. He'd make a killing in Europe and Asia, and honestly, that's his likely future. Nothing wrong with that. I look at guys like Lonnie, Bruce, and Zay, players that were far more NBA ready and how they've had to fight and scrap just to get minutes, I don't know if Norchad has a future in today's NBA.

Dude is graduating this year with a degree, has done his four years. Some guys aren't willing to sit around for an extra year, just because. Never mind the fact that he hasn't hired an agent(to my knowledge), and could easily return. People hear "Declared for Draft", forgetting that guys can and do come back. Omier came back after last season, went and got evaluated, still returned. I think that there's a chance of that happening, due to his bond with Pack and his respect for L. He may not want to go out on a bad team, may want to make things right and then move on. Either way, dude has earned the right to figure it out, but L won't wait for him and for good reason.

Advertisement
Dude is graduating this year with a degree, has done his four years. Some guys aren't willing to sit around for an extra year, just because. Never mind the fact that he hasn't hired an agent(to my knowledge), and could easily return. People hear "Declared for Draft", forgetting that guys can and do come back. Omier came back after last season, went and got evaluated, still returned. I think that there's a chance of that happening, due to his bond with Pack and his respect for L. He may not want to go out on a bad team, may want to make things right and then move on. Either way, dude has earned the right to figure it out, but L won't wait for him and for good reason.
If it was 2019 i can agree. Totally different game with NIL now. He also hired an agent he gone gone

Yes my point is he doesnt like college that much. Chance he has to play in Europe for less money.
He doesn't want to be in college for 5 years, that means he doesn't like college? No, he may feel as if it's time for him to move on. No need to run to narratives without any kind of supporting evidence.

I hope the best for Omier but saying he has Walmart-Draymond potential is extremely generous. Draymond is an absolute moron with zero self restraint, but his basketball IQ is off the charts on both ends. Yes, he fits the GS system perfectly, but watch them play, and look at Curry’s numbers with him on/off and you see why he’s been able to make it at his size. I don’t see that feel for the game with Omier. Maybe he develops it, but I don’t know when that will happen and he’s already old for a draft prospect.

This is another case of a guy that should be staying. I really thought NIL would help us not deal with as much of this.

Also don’t know if it’s been mentioned but Luke over at 247 is saying Omier signed with an NCAA agent so he could technically still come back, and he hasn’t heard anything definitive either way.

Advertisement
Back