Omar Kelly's take on BK's draft stock and future

I think he needs another year with real coaching and to improve his arm strength. Brad could demonstrate more athleticism too. That Wentz kid is a fine example of acumen, size, arm strength and athleticism.

Advertisement
I think he needs another year with real coaching and to improve his arm strength. Brad could demonstrate more athleticism too. That Wentz kid is a fine example of acumen, size, arm strength and athleticism.

Purely a personal opinion but for a kid Kaaya's size he still makes me very nervous every time he gets hit. I'd like a few more highlights in his Draft reel that show him popping right up after getting smashed (not that I look forward to our o-line allowing it).

That throw to Berrios @App State was so beautiful. Any question about BK's arm strength was answered right there. Still want to see him win a big game.

That was actually a bad throw that Berrios made a great play on. His arm strength is solid still not elite but as long as he doesnt hold back its good enough.

That wasn't a bad throw, kaaya couldn't throw it anywhere else considering how close berrios was to the sideline. That's an NFL throw throwing over the defender and fitting a dime to berrios in a tight space in bounds

This pass?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKdwy8wg9pw/?hl=en
That there was perfect.

nah, perfect wouldve allowed berrios to stay in bounds and get upfield for more yards.

That was actually a bad throw that Berrios made a great play on. His arm strength is solid still not elite but as long as he doesnt hold back its good enough.

That wasn't a bad throw, kaaya couldn't throw it anywhere else considering how close berrios was to the sideline. That's an NFL throw throwing over the defender and fitting a dime to berrios in a tight space in bounds

This pass?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKdwy8wg9pw/?hl=en
That there was perfect.

nah, perfect wouldve allowed berrios to stay in bounds and get upfield for more yards.

It was a strong throw, but the CATCH was better than the throw. One reason I'm surprised Berrios isn't getting thrown at much. Maybe being saved for ACC play?

Advertisement
His athleticism won't change. That just doesn't come as you get older. Either you have it or you don't

His athleticism won't change. That just doesn't come as you get older. Either you have it or you don't

Footwork can always compensate for that though. Brady is about as agile as Dorsey with his legs tied together but the Golden Boy has such great pocket awareness and footwork (along with an offense that is based on a quick release, of course) that he avoids taking a ton of hits.

I think Kaaya will stay for three reasons:

1- He comes from wealth and doesn't need the money.
2- He knows another year with Richt will help his development.
3- He also knows next years team will be really good and a Playoff run isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Describe how you know he comes from wealth? Is it because his mom played a small role in Friday 20 years ago?

I think Kaaya will stay for three reasons:

1- He comes from wealth and doesn't need the money.
2- He knows another year with Richt will help his development.
3- He also knows next years team will be really good and a Playoff run isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Describe how you know he comes from wealth? Is it because his mom played a small role in Friday 20 years ago?

I think playing at Chaminade in West Hills is a nice little hint.

Advertisement
He needs another year badly , but I never blame a kid for going after the money

That throw to Berrios @App State was so beautiful. Any question about BK's arm strength was answered right there. Still want to see him win a big game.

Idk seemed like Berrios had to run to the sidelines to make a diving catch for it, if Berrios doesnt go all out for it, its incomplete. Kaaya even mentioned that he shouldve thrown it so Berrios can catch it and try to gain some YAC. Calling it a bad throw is a bit much though bc it was a very impressive throw either way.

Idk seemed like Berrios had to run to the sidelines to make a diving catch for it, if Berrios doesnt go all out for it, its incomplete. Kaaya even mentioned that he shouldve thrown it so Berrios can catch it and try to gain some YAC. Calling it a bad throw is a bit much though bc it was a very impressive throw either way.

Exactly. It was a strong throw to get the ball there, but it wasn't a great throw because it took a darn near miracle to catch it.

Advertisement

Exactly. It was a strong throw to get the ball there, but it wasn't a great throw because it took a darn near miracle to catch it.

He threw it like a laser between 2 defenders to a spot only Berrios could catch it. That showed NFL arm strength and NFL touch.

He threw it like a laser between 2 defenders to a spot only Berrios could catch it. That showed NFL arm strength and NFL touch.

Except it clearly wasn't the only place Berrios could catch it: per the guy who threw it as referenced above.

It was a good throw. He has thrown better. And worse.

I'm sorry, but the throw to Berrios could have been placed in a 5 yard window, not inches. It took a strong arm to get it there, but it was NOT "only" where Berrios could catch it. That's just not true.

Advertisement
True but this guy said improve his athleticism. He's a pocket passer for a reason and will always be. His footwork can definitely improve, but hes always going to be below average to average in escaping pressure. I'm not comparing him to Manning by any means but his feet are very similar to Peyton.

Footwork can always compensate for that though. Brady is about as agile as Dorsey with his legs tied together but the Golden Boy has such great pocket awareness and footwork (along with an offense that is based on a quick release, of course) that he avoids taking a ton of hits.

Advertisement
Back