OMAR JUST WENT HAM on WQAM

Advertisement
I think Chud would do very well here, but I wouldn't doubt it if our next HC is Cristobal.

Why do you think Chud would do very well?

Well, he's been in the NFL for the past 10 years, so that has to be worth something, no?

As I recall, Chud did not like the aspects of college recruiting and it most certainly wasn't his strong suit.

Do you remember which aspect of recruiting? The social/travel part of it? Or the player evaluation part of it? Or both?

I think Chud would do very well here, but I wouldn't doubt it if our next HC is Cristobal.

Well, he's been in the NFL for the past 10 years, so that has to be worth something, no?
Dan Henning and Paul Hackett were in the NFL forever, and they failed miserably as college HCs. Chud reminds me a lot of those two guys.

Ole Howard did well in college as did Pete.

Say what you want about Omar but he has been spot on about Golden from day one. called him a used cars salesman a few years ago. Always explained how he wasn't a fit.

Not to be a **** but, if we have 10 players on draft lists, doesn't that show development?
I will state that Clive, Duke, Perryman, Dorsett and Flowers have all improved. So has McDermott and Feliciano.
So I just don't see that to be valid.

What IS valid, are the wins and losses. That's the bottom line!! He hasn't won enough games/ meaningful games.

Have you seen development of

T Howard
Bush
Burns
Thomas
Waters
McCord
Chickallo
Wyche
Crawford

Thats just a few guys who i have seen make no development or even regression. How good would the guys you mention be if they were on a team with a real coaching staff?

I've seen development in some of those guys. But I agree we haven't won the games we need to win. Development is subjective anyway. Wins and losses are concrete. So, I'm with you.

Advertisement
I keep hearing that Chud doesn't like to recruit? Can anyone cite concrete proof that is in fact true? Or is it message board hearsay?

Say what you want about Omar but he has been spot on about Golden from day one. called him a used cars salesman a few years ago. Always explained how he wasn't a fit.

Yup. I remember one of the first things he said was that Golden talked a great game and that made him like Al instantly(he usually is biased immediately towards anyone) BUT said there was something off and wanted to wait to see the results.

Advertisement
Not to be a **** but, if we have 10 players on draft lists, doesn't that show development?
I will state that Clive, Duke, Perryman, Dorsett and Flowers have all improved. So has McDermott and Feliciano.
So I just don't see that to be valid.

What IS valid, are the wins and losses. That's the bottom line!! He hasn't won enough games/ meaningful games.

What that means is there is talent and we shouldn't be losing to Pitt, UVA and GT

Correct...but I would agree that someone like Walford definitely developed into potentially the first TE off the board. Nobody would have said that even last year. That said, I give that credit to Coley and Kaaya for partnering up with Warlord to make that happen. I'd also say Kaaya/Coley really gave Dorsett a lot more NFL love this year.

Perryman has always been the same....
I think Flowers actually regressed and that's coaching not connecting and helping him.
Tracy Howard is another example of someone who has regressed...and unless the kid is a total a-hole, I blame the coaches.

Yup. I remember one of the first things he said was that Golden talked a great game and that made him like Al instantly(he usually is biased immediately towards anyone) BUT said there was something off and wanted to wait to see the results.

That actually is a GOOD thing for recruiting...on the front end

Advertisement
Losing to UVA and Pitt to end the season was the final nail for me. Our assistants are even worst than AG as far as I'm concerned, minus a few decent ones.

Advertisement
I'm pretty sure Tressel is the president now at some university.

Anyway, Omar Kelly is a dunce, but he's been right on Golden from the start.

Dan Henning and Paul Hackett were in the NFL forever, and they failed miserably as college HCs. Chud reminds me a lot of those two guys.

Ole Howard did well in college as did Pete.

Howard and Pete are very similar in personality to Dud. Great point by you.

nero-fiddling-as-rome-burns1.jpg

Advertisement
Back