Other Sports Olympics

Biles has a TUE for for either Ritalin or Adderall - a few American athletes have TUEs (therapeutic use exemptions) for prescription stimulants. That sh*t is strictly banned in Japan - no exceptions - and some athletes are having rough withdrawals and mental breakdowns. Up until very recently they thought they could bring them in to Japan. That was a no go

Good post.

That makes it worse.

Advertisement
Biles has a TUE for for either Ritalin or Adderall - a few American athletes have TUEs (therapeutic use exemptions) for prescription stimulants. That sh*t is strictly banned in Japan - no exceptions - and some athletes are having rough withdrawals and mental breakdowns. Up until very recently they thought they could bring them in to Japan. That was a no go
Can't imagine competing in anything when I was on Effexor and having to drop it for events. Forget to take a dose and it felt like my brain was zapping. Real life Fallout 3 type ****

Can't imagine competing in anything when I was on Effexor and having to drop it for events. Forget to take a dose and it felt like my brain was zapping. Real life Fallout 3 type ****

Effexor and Adderall are two completely different drugs with two completely different mechanisms of action, used to treat completely different conditions. Also, one is wildly over-prescribed, for all the wrong reasons, one isn’t.

In any event, you are correct in the sense that the athlete should’ve tapered off of it.

Advertisement
Whatever it is Biles is most likely done with the sport now. She had her reasons to come back and those are all finished now.

Effexor and Adderall are two completely different drugs with two completely different mechanisms of action, used to treat completely different conditions. Also, one is wildly over-prescribed, for all the wrong reasons, one isn’t.

In any event, you are correct in the sense that the athlete should’ve tapered off of it.
I’m just glad to be off of Effexor and on Prozac. Effexor did more bad than good

I’m just glad to be off of Effexor and on Prozac. Effexor did more bad than good

These drugs have to be tailored to the individual. Specifically Effexor is a norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake inhibitor while Prozac is just a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, so they have different effects (SNRI vs SRI). Neither is for everybody.

Bottom line is that you found one that works for you, and for that I’m glad. Good luck and best of health.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back