OLine is our most critical need

Advertisement
Hopefully a badass with some Texas crootin roots that can coach and motivate the crap out of our kids. Every down in live reps practice is a competition where playing time is determined. Proving ground. Put a name to that, and we'll be back sooner than later.

Advertisement
Need to go all out and try to get Stoutland back. If it costs an extra 300k thatd u wud normally pay a garbage o line coach, its well worth it.

Advertisement
Our OL is not very good but Richts Offense made it even worse. Remember we Avg almost 8 YPC out of the spread. Slow developing routes and pointless play fakes didn’t help the passing game either. Richt set them up to fail.

Online and Dline are critical. That’s where Championship teams are built. Bama has always won with them even before Tua. Clemson has won with them with and without Watson. Oklahoma has competed with Oline and QB but can’t get over the hump until the D improves. OSU wins upfront. Norte Dame, Michigan, Georgia, etc

We need to prioritize the lines and QB more than the previous staffs have. Our talent and/or depth is not where it needs to be. You can’t stack 4-5 star talent at RB, WR and DB but it will never meet potential and expectations without the guys upfront.

Larry Fedora’s OL coach at UNC is regarded as one of the best. Been with Fedora since Southern Miss and has developed a couple first rounders and various other draft picks. They had one of the best OL in the country at UNC in 2012 and again in 2015 and 2016.

If Fedora is the choice I’m sure that’s the sure bet guy to follow him. It was his best assistant and he’s the guy to help install the scheme and make things work

Advertisement
Larry Fedora’s OL coach at UNC is regarded as one of the best. Been with Fedora since Southern Miss and has developed a couple first rounders and various other draft picks. They had one of the best OL in the country at UNC in 2012 and again in 2015 and 2016.

If Fedora is the choice I’m sure that’s the sure bet guy to follow him. It was his best assistant and he’s the guy to help install the scheme and make things work
He was hired by colorado

It is hard to assess QB after the s***show last year, but every aspect of the offense depends on a functional OL. Even with less talent, our coaches need to find a way to run their system by developing the line.
Who are the best available OL coaches?
DT also. Willis gone, Obignethead gone. A year left on Bethel and Ford. The DT lineup is a disaster.

Richt skipped recruiting both lines from the day he got here.

Manny best not make that mistake. New coaches must HAMMER recruing on the LOS first and foremost, above all. That is how year 3 > year 2. Otherwise, it’s a self - fulfiling prophesy

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just wonder what's left to sign at this point in the recruiting season. I'd imagine most of the blue chippers are spoken for. We probably shouldn't get our hopes up that there's going to be some miraculous turnaround in this year's class and that a bunch of great linemen (whether they be O or D) are just waiting for us to ring them up and make an offer.

Advertisement
Back