itsacanething

Senior
In 1955 ?

Attachments

• EFC40059-2A94-41E7-8ECB-B2BB69049159.jpeg
    EFC40059-2A94-41E7-8ECB-B2BB69049159.jpeg
    576.8 KB · Views: 153
Advertisement
We finished #9 in 1954 and #6 in 1955. However, we were on NCAA probation and barred from bowl games in 1954, 1955, and 1956. Miami was also battling to integrate, including allowing black players to play in the Orange Bowl, opening seating in the Orange Bowl to all people, and becoming the second university in the south to give a scholarship to a black football player.

I am wondering if the "A-Bomb"reference is not a player nickname, but maybe some big historical development involving either probation or integration.

Advertisement
Freddie "Boom Boom" Robinson....

Actually Freddie played in the early 80's....and was the type of guy you avoided running into on campus

We finished #9 in 1954 and #6 in 1955. However, we were on NCAA probation and barred from bowl games in 1954, 1955, and 1956. Miami was also battling to integrate, including allowing black players to play in the Orange Bowl, opening seating in the Orange Bowl to all people, and becoming the second university in the south to give a scholarship to a black football player.

I am wondering if the "A-Bomb"reference is not a player nickname, but maybe some big historical development involving either probation or integration.
We finished 6th in 1956, not 55. The 55 team was 6-3 and finished 18th. Three tough losses to very good teams.

Don Bosseler was probably our best player that year. I don't know if that ranks him as an A-bomb or not.

Advertisement
We finished 6th in 1956, not 55. The 55 team was 6-3 and finished 18th. Three tough losses to very good teams.

Sorry, my bad, I screwed up the year. I knew we finished in the Top 10 for 2 of our 3 probation/bowl-ban years.

Either way, it sucks.

And I'm sure the NCAA violations in the 1950s involved ****e like providing too much hair pomade to the players.

WOW so we were on Probation waaaaay back in 1954, 55 and 56!!

That ALMOST means that the NCAA has had a hard on for us from our childhood!!.

Does that make them pedophiles?? ...along with being ********.

Last edited:
Honestly, I was only a one year old and I used that magazine to practice my artistic crayon skills.

Advertisement
Probably right. We were not on the map back then.
Yes we we're. I think we had a top ten ranking in '55 or '56. We were something like 9-1 with a one point loss, I think.

We we're a legitimate national power with a great fullback, Don Bosseler who is one of the few Hurricanes in the College Hall of Fame.

I can only he blunt even if you are insulted: yours is a truly ignorant comment. Go read some of the history books by Jim Martz.

Advertisement
WOW so we were in Probation waaaaay back in 1954, 55 and 56!!

That ALMOST means that the NCAA has had a hard on for us from our childhood!!.

Does that make them pedophiles?? ...along with being ********.

The NCAA didn't like that we wanted blacks to attend college..............................

Do you have to be a frequent participant in Thursday night Bingo to understand this thread?

Advertisement
Back