Old Skool Player - Old Skool Parent

If Frank Gore’s son were the best player in America, I have a feeling he wouldn’t send him to Jackson State to chase NIL money. 🤨

Advertisement
Love Frank. After the road he traveled and the challenges he faced it doesn't surprise me a bit to see him bring the hammer down like that.

It makes me sad how much I enjoy this story. This should be the normal way to handle things. People let their kids do whatever the f**k they want. I guess they think their parents were too hard on them so they’ll do better by being soft on their kids. Morons.

Reminds me of when shaq came out and talked about how his kids said they were rich and he said nah boys I’m rich. Go get a degree and draw up a business plan and I’ll invest in your company. Really stuck with me. It’s gotta be tough to motivate your kids when they grow up with a ton of cash and a famous dad
Agree it’s got to be tough. The funny part is that getting to go to college and having a dad who can invest in your idea are things most kids don’t have. I guess that’s not really very funny.

Advertisement
Question - Did Frank put his kid in the private school in the first place??? I mean why not just have him in public school to begin with and avoid all of what transpired all together???... That's the only part in all this no one seems to have touched on .....

If Frank Gore’s son were the best player in America, I have a feeling he wouldn’t send him to Jackson State to chase NIL money. 🤨
Probably because Frank has millions of dollars and his family isn’t desperate for cash?

Advertisement
All parents should make and hold their kids accountable. You're their parent. You can become their friend when they become a "woman or man" and not before then. You can only be one or the other, not both simultaneously.
I had three sons play in my old HS program (Center, OLB and WR - all 2-year starters and two long snapped for a five year stretch with only one bounced snap). I always told them growing up, don't ever as me to talk to a coach about playing time; you take care of that on the practice field yourself. Each did, when they graduated, their coach tod me, "They were all worth ****!"

Parents who never played are horribly unrealistic sometime. I played in college, you understand it what it takes.

Frank is one of my three favorite Canes, alongside Ted Hendricks and Rusty Medaris.

Guy had a legit learning disability, and that didn't stop him.

Guy had two ACL tears and had a hall of fame career.

He was one of the most impressive RB's I ever saw as a freshman.

Dude is just staying true to who he is and his family values. Good for him and his boy. :)

Advertisement
A Private school had a coach like that ?
BE5D609F-E2AC-40F6-9466-41EC30445178.gif
I would expect that from a public school.

Advertisement
Reminds me of when shaq came out and talked about how his kids said they were rich and he said nah boys I’m rich. Go get a degree and draw up a business plan and I’ll invest in your company. Really stuck with me. It’s gotta be tough to motivate your kids when they grow up with a ton of cash and a famous dad
I remember a story about Shaq when he slept in once and didn't go to class. He woke up to Dale Brown pounding on the door. Brown took him to the track and made him run until he puked.

Advertisement
Back