Old Skool Player - Old Skool Parent

SFbayCane

All American

Frank Gore Pulls His Son From Private School

Snippet:

“He didn’t know I’d come home," Gore said. "On a bye week, I was down there. I go to the practice, and he’s not there, but the coach was OK with it because he’s got some talent, he’s a freshman. For me, I’m like, ‘I don’t care, bro. I don’t care what talent you got.

"When you’re supposed to be somewhere, you’re supposed to be there.’ When I go up there and he’s not there and out with his friends and the coach is all right with it, I was like, 'Nah, he’s got to get around guys in public school who he’s got to compete with and make him a better player.' That’s like me and [University of Miami teammate Clinton Portis] --- we knew we couldn’t play around.

Advertisement

Snippet:

“He didn’t know I’d come home," Gore said. "On a bye week, I was down there. I go to the practice, and he’s not there, but the coach was OK with it because he’s got some talent, he’s a freshman. For me, I’m like, ‘I don’t care, bro. I don’t care what talent you got.

"When you’re supposed to be somewhere, you’re supposed to be there.’ When I go up there and he’s not there and out with his friends and the coach is all right with it, I was like, 'Nah, he’s got to get around guys in public school who he’s got to compete with and make him a better player.' That’s like me and [University of Miami teammate Clinton Portis] --- we knew we couldn’t play around.

I love this.

16640722_1457640480944359_2056349467899776014_n.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement

Snippet:

Love that ****

Advertisement
Advertisement
Which private school was this? I thought Frank Jr went to Gables then Killian, or was there somewhere else?

Reminds me of when shaq came out and talked about how his kids said they were rich and he said nah boys I’m rich. Go get a degree and draw up a business plan and I’ll invest in your company. Really stuck with me. It’s gotta be tough to motivate your kids when they grow up with a ton of cash and a famous dad

Advertisement
Back