Old school Miami high School Coaching

You sleep! Go out to a Central practice and you will coaches saying all type of things

Well, what exactly are we talking about? The harsh "talking to"? If so, that's not what I'm referring to. ****, most HS programs in the country have that kind of style. There are varying degrees of shouting at players and gettting in their faces. I'm talking about the over the top stuff that is seen in that video.

Do you mean like the players fighting with the coaches?

I wasn't thinking that, but sure, let's go with that. Let's go with the physicality of the coaches with the kids. Again, I'm not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere, I'm just saying probably not to the extent that you saw in that video. Is that video accurately representative of all hood football programs?

Advertisement
Only in the hood.

You could never get away with that at 90% of the high school programs.

Yes, but let's not paint a broad brush for every HS program in the hood in MDC. I don't think Walt Frazier "coached" like that. I don't think those southridge teams were coached like that. etc...

Walt Frazier never coached in the hood.... Carol City is no where near in the hood nor is Southridge. The only "hood" highschool teams in Miami are Northwestern, Central, Jackson, Edison(used to be all white area) and now Booker T which was closed for about 30 years but reopened back in the early 2000's which has changed the whole landscape of the highschool football here. Miami High and Miami Springs are not hood schools but district lines bussed the black kids out of the projects to those two back in the 80s and 90s which made them pretty good programs back then but no longer the case. The same thing goes for Hialeah High. Kids that used to go to Edison now go to Booker T which killed the Edison program.

Only in the hood.

Yes, but let's not paint a broad brush for every HS program in the hood in MDC. I don't think Walt Frazier "coached" like that. I don't think those southridge teams were coached like that. etc...

Walt Frazier never coached in the hood.... Carol City is no where near in the hood nor is Southridge. The only "hood" highschool teams in Miami are Northwestern, Central, Jackson, Edison(used to be all white area) and now Booker T which was closed for about 30 years but reopened back in the early 2000's which has changed the whole landscape of the highschool football here. Miami High and Miami Springs are not hood schools but district lines bussed the black kids out of the projects to those two back in the 80s and 90s which made them pretty good programs back then but no longer the case. The same thing goes for Hialeah High. Kids that used to go to Edison now go to Booker T which killed the Edison program.

lmao CC isn't the hood? Just because they call it Miami Gardens now doesn't make it the suburbs.

Only in the hood.

lmao CC isn't the hood? Just because they call it Miami Gardens now doesn't make it the suburbs.

so what about cc makes you think it is the hood?? just because it is a black area does not make it the hood. CC is where we went as kids to get out of the projects for vacation to our grandmas house

Only in the hood.

so what about cc makes you think it is the hood?? just because it is a black area does not make it the hood. CC is where we went as kids to get out of the projects for vacation to our grandmas house

buddy CC is the hood. There is government housing over there also. If you don't think it is then why not just say MNW and BTW are the hood schools because they are the only ones that were surrounded by the "projects"

Advertisement
Only in the hood.

You make some good points but come on lets be realistic...programs like Miami High, Miami Springs, and Edison never had great programs that were killed. **** they were already dead and I would say even Central was an average to below average program until the 99/2000 season. Carol city may not be in the hood like Booker T or MNW but it's **** sure a hood school that is no different from Jackson, Central, Edison, BTW, and MNW

You sleep! Go out to a Central practice and you will coaches saying all type of things

Well, what exactly are we talking about? The harsh "talking to"? If so, that's not what I'm referring to. ****, most HS programs in the country have that kind of style. There are varying degrees of shouting at players and gettting in their faces. I'm talking about the over the top stuff that is seen in that video.

Do you mean like the players fighting with the coaches?

I wasn't thinking that, but sure, let's go with that. Let's go with the physicality of the coaches with the kids. Again, I'm not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere, I'm just saying probably not to the extent that you saw in that video. Is that video accurately representative of all hood football programs?

I can't speak for other hoods in America but at my Alma mater in Detroit the coaching is like that, and to be honest it has to be like that. When you're just a youngin, the mind-state is obviously different from when you're grown. If those coaches aren't like that those kids will eat them up. It's like when the substitute comes in for an inner city school. We used to have a field day. My school had a 17% Graduation rate which is pretty good for Detroit seeing as we have about 10 public schools with less than 10% of high school freshman graduating in their senior year. The city wide graduation rate was like 26%. It's rough out here haha so if them coaches ain't like that, then they shouldn't be coaching because the program would get out of control.

buddy CC is the hood. There is government housing over there also. If you don't think it is then why not just say MNW and BTW are the hood schools because they are the only ones that were surrounded by the "projects"

umm their is projects directly adjacent to CAROL CITY HS.....they call it the A-P-T'S ...rapper FLO-RIDA is from there my fam live there.lol

Carol City is not hood as Booker T or The West...but good lord if u think it aint hood round there. Caro City just had more structure than most...they brought kids up from ele all the way to high school running the same system....sort of how NW has with Gwen Cherry Park. Now that Miramar became a beter program..it kinda stunted it a bit as kids would rather go ball over there since it isnt to far anyway.

The best optomist programs likely has switched to the miami gardens area with scott lake, miami gardens etc....how the **** u think MIAMI NORLAND, Miramar win states recently yet Carol City been middling around,.

Take Douglas Rd past Miramar HS "The burbs" southbound under the turnpike and tell me it feels like the same place.

Advertisement
I remember back in my day early 70's in optimist football in south Dade my coach grabbing face masks and screaming at us and the 40 wind sprints at age 7. We cut down from 50+ players to 35 the first week, but it made me tough throughout my years playing football. I somewhat coached that style in the 80's and won. lulz

Says who that the ridge isn't in the hood? When I first moved to Miami I lived in "The Square" literally down the street from Southridge and there was no sunshine over there ANY WHERE but talk is cheap wait til Mr. CARTER exemplifies that at the U.

Advertisement
taurean went to uf cuz his chic was going there too.....then him na ol girl got into it along with the fight with the frat dudes...he played ok for bethune cookman after i believe.

Advertisement
Back