Old school Miami high School Coaching

Paranos

All-ACC
Here is a little High School coaching Old MNW style. Some of todays high maintenance recruits need a little of this.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s23JTmfJOY[/video]

Advertisement
from my understanding those coaches are still coaching...

I think the head coach in that video is now coaching again and just accepted another HEad coach position

Times have just changed...social media, boosters, colleges paying players...the game itself has changed
even from just a short amount of time...The kid "T. Diddy" never amounted to anything when he went to
FLorida....These days a kid needs all three: talent, Desire (will), and work ethic to succeed...

Advertisement
That type of coaching doesn't work today... The kids would just transfer. Its sad to think of the talent "T Diddy" wasted.. I think he's in the USFL now. Some kids truly believe they can just walk into the league

Very thin line between the confidence required for success and the delusional self-image that preceeds failure. Trying to keep young men close to but not over that line is very hard. Trying to do it with hard young men is close to impossible. Years ago, I remember a very famous Cane coach grabbing an equlally famous extremely large DT and throwing him to the ground and getting in his grill. Guess that would not float today, but boy it sure worked bach then eventually resulting in many millions of NFL $$$$.

Advertisement
If you ain't never been to the ghetto, don't ever come to the ghetto! CUZ YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND THE GHETTO! So stay the **** out of the ghetto!

This video isn't sad at all. **** is just a different world than most of us have any clue to.

Coach Morris was my D Line coach at Central and he was one **** of a coach. I grew up with Taurian Charles and we still cool til this day.

Ummmm so the video ends like that and doesn't mention the national championship or what happens with Charles?

Welcome to Bolivian, OP.

Advertisement
Ummmm so the video ends like that and doesn't mention the national championship or what happens with Charles?

Welcome to Bolivian, OP.

It's a trailer for a documentary that came out years ago. Don't know why it's suddenly popping up again. A Good doc though.

Only in the hood.

You could never get away with that at 90% of the high school programs.

Yes, but let's not paint a broad brush for every HS program in the hood in MDC. I don't think Walt Frazier "coached" like that. I don't think those southridge teams were coached like that. etc...

Advertisement
You sleep! Go out to a Central practice and you will coaches saying all type of things

Well, what exactly are we talking about? The harsh "talking to"? If so, that's not what I'm referring to. ****, most HS programs in the country have that kind of style. There are varying degrees of shouting at players and gettting in their faces. I'm talking about the over the top stuff that is seen in that video.

The hood is just a different place mang and they are dealing with a different type of kid. My motto is find out how the best way to motivate a kid and harness that and be consistent with it. I ain't all about beating a kid down but **** I took many licks from my coaches back in the day that would have gotten them fired and sued these days but I was a knuckle head who didn't want to listen. Spin forward 20+ odd years and I appreciate and love them for what they did for me.

You sleep! Go out to a Central practice and you will coaches saying all type of things

Well, what exactly are we talking about? The harsh "talking to"? If so, that's not what I'm referring to. ****, most HS programs in the country have that kind of style. There are varying degrees of shouting at players and gettting in their faces. I'm talking about the over the top stuff that is seen in that video.

Do you mean like the players fighting with the coaches?

Advertisement
Back