2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
the other story out there is that Miami is being open with him in talking about playing guard in college whereas bama is promising tackle. Not sure how much legs it has but that's what's out there.
Mario and Mirabol preach learning the whole line and being adaptable. I find it hard to believe they are telling a kid like this he would be a guard.

What’s the latest with this kid?

If we land Samson along with Mauigoa and this kid. One of them is gonna have to play OG which one would it be? Samson is obviously staying at OT…

What’s the latest with this kid?

If we land Samson along with Mauigoa and this kid. One of them is gonna have to play OG which one would it be? Samson is obviously staying at OT…
Olaus would be the guard, 247 said he moved like a guard at Future 50 camp last weekend anyways

Mario and Mirabol preach learning the whole line and being adaptable. I find it hard to believe they are telling a kid like this he would be a guard.
Cross training positions as a matter of smart roster management is not mutually exclusive from telling the kid is likely going to be a guard. They are always very upfront with the kids about what their plan is and what they foresee potentially happening and considering who is also likely to be in his class that is a likely scenario for him at Miami

Advertisement
Cross training positions as a matter of smart roster management is not mutually exclusive from telling the kid is likely going to be a guard. They are always very upfront with the kids about what their plan is and what they foresee potentially happening and considering who is also likely to be in his class that is a likely scenario for him at Miami
I would be shocked if Mario is telling any OL recruit exactly what position they will play. He is too good of a recruiter to make that mistake. He will tell them what he needs to tell them to get them on campus and then let the players figure out who goes where based on their development.

I think it’s all kind of hilarious that Saban and Mario have been recruiting him for years but somehow this week is when they started talking to him about what position he would play

Something that's not really being talked about much, and I know he's downplayed the significance of it in past interviews, is how incredibly difficult it would be for his family to come see him play if he went to Alabama. There is a direct Helsinki - Miami flight compared to the multiple flights + drives it would take his family if he went to Tuscaloosa.

Now of course, his family could very well be moving there with him but I would have a hard time seeing any Scandinavian wanting to do that.

"Direct" usually means a stop-over somewhere without a plane change. It doesn't mean "non-stop." Based on your post ("multiple flights") I think you mean non-stop, right? Can you please let me know what the non-stop Helsinki - Miami flight is? I remember looking when someone first mentioned it and I didn't see one.

Advertisement
"Direct" usually means a stop-over somewhere without a plane change. It doesn't mean "non-stop." Based on your post ("multiple flights") I think you mean non-stop, right? Can you please let me know what the non-stop Helsinki - Miami flight is? I remember looking when someone first mentioned it and I didn't see one.
The only flights I have seen are on stop ... via either O'hare, JFK, or Dallas / Fort Worth.

Thank you. The whole OT vs OG narrative, I couldn’t do anything but laugh lol. No one here knows what Saban/Bama is telling that kid he will play. Someone said we changed our mind after the kid performed “bad” this past weekend, lmao. Wut?! You think they saw some 2 reps online from a camp and said welp, let’s lay off this kid now. Lol, if they see him at OT, nothing over the weekend changed that. If they see him inside, they saw him as a OG before that camp and nothing changed that. Stop that.
This was the funniest thing to me.,...them basing where a kid will be playing off of 3 reps in shirts n shorts ...NOT in front of them. And then having the time t let him know hey we want you at GUARD now Viking warrior. Yea it doesnt work like that at all.

Advertisement
This was the funniest thing to me.,...them basing where a kid will be playing off of 3 reps in shirts n shorts ...NOT in front of them. And then having the time t let him know hey we want you at GUARD now Viking warrior. Yea it doesnt work like that at all.

Wild stuff lol.

"Direct" usually means a stop-over somewhere without a plane change. It doesn't mean "non-stop." Based on your post ("multiple flights") I think you mean non-stop, right? Can you please let me know wh
The only flights I have seen are on stop ... via either O'hare, JFK, or Dallas / Fort Worth.

at the non-stop Helsinki - Miami flight is? I remember looking when someone first mentioned it and I didn't see one.
Miami gets direct flights daily from several European cities there are a bunch of 1 stop options (helsinki to paris madrid or london & then direct to Miami)

bama on the other hand, well it's as bad as you'd imagine

Some of yall with this whole Bama telling tackle...UM saying guard....Tell me what spot Evan Neal initially played at Bama.

Unless its a clear cut center for the most part they arent telling them what spots they are playing until suited up and in pads on Greentree. **** Scaife has played like 3 spots and Mario cross trains guys regardless so that whole thing should be thrown out the window.

Advertisement
Some of yall with this whole Bama telling tackle...UM saying guard....Tell me what spot Evan Neal initially played at Bama.

Unless its a clear cut center for the most part they arent telling them what spots they are playing until suited up and in pads on Greentree. **** Scaife has played like 3 spots and Mario cross trains guys regardless so that whole thing should be thrown out the window.
This, Tackles almost always start at Guard to get the best starting 5 on the field anyway. Unless it's a super elite kid or more usually, teams have a desperate need like us and Zion his early years.

Preach…and you actually know what you’re talking about, as opposed to most of these sofa dwelling, Monday morning QB’s.

Miami gets direct flights daily from several European cities there are a bunch of 1 stop options (helsinki to paris madrid or london & then direct to Miami)

bama on the other hand, well it's as bad as you'd imagine

I know. You can fly Helsinki to Miami via a number of European and American hubs. You're looking at one connection. All I am saying, its still a one-stop min, not non-stop which has been parroted on the board.

You can fly Helsinki to ATL non-stop. I don't know the best way to get from ATL to Tuscaloosa from there, though. Are there regional flights? Or are you stuck with a three hour drive no matter what? No idea how Bama moves players and recruits in and out. Maybe @Brooklyndee or @Cribby know.

I know. You can fly Helsinki to Miami via a number of European and American hubs. You're looking at one connection. All I am saying, its still a one-stop min, not non-stop which has been parroted on the board.

You can fly Helsinki to ATL non-stop. I don't know the best way to get from ATL to Tuscaloosa from there, though. Are there regional flights? Or are you stuck with a three hour drive no matter what? No idea how Bama moves players and recruits in and out. Maybe @Brooklyndee or @Cribby know.

I doubt ATL flies direct into Tuscaloosa. Probably routes to Birmingham and then to Tuscaloosa which would be redundant at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back