2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You could have done it without passive aggressively putting down Miami, his comment was about the Vols. I notice you do stuff like that a lot then pass it off as objectivity. The second comment was an analogy and not about you unless you want to be my girlfriend. Maybe you would eat that right hook but I would be happy taking my chances, never been one to turn down a dance.

In any case, not a big deal. You speak your mind and I will speak mine.
I don't want to speak for him, but I interpreted it as not putting Miami down. I saw it as tempering the unbridled homerism of some.

Tennessee has the second most wins in sec history if I’m not mistaken and they *claim* 6 titles. Whatever bro I’m not a Tennessee fan I don’t care y’all just move goal posts
Tennessee has never had a period of dominance bro. OU has freaking insane amounts of conference titles, they have like one national in however long. For long periods the SEC was a regional brand. You have to have atleast a period where you were the all conquoring to be compared to us, or simply own a conference for decades. Im not moving any goal post. USC, Bama, even UF had a period where they were it. It wasn't just one season on a national level. Im not calling them trash. They can get good and win a national title, Clemson did it so why cant they. They just never been nationally dominant and it separates them from us. Question, could you see Tennessee being like Bama?

Advertisement
Tennessee has never had a period of dominance bro. OU has freaking insane amounts of conference titles, they have like one national in however long. For long periods the SEC was a regional brand. You have to have atleast a period where you were the all conquoring to be compared to us, or simply own a conference for decades. Im not moving any goal post. USC, Bama, even UF had a period where they were it. It wasn't just one season on a national level. Im not calling them trash. They can get good and win a national title, Clemson did it so why cant they. They just never been nationally dominant and it separates them from us. Question, could you see Tennessee being like Bama?
I can’t see anyone being like bama’s run. Honestly. But that’s like an extreme outlier to me.

If the NIL is the universal reset we all say it is as far as leveling the playing field, why is suggesting Tennessee and all their resources liable to take a jump like Miami all their resources, me throwing shade? Neither of us has been relevant period
With a high value staff, Miami as a place to be will win the close battles where if we are in the same ballpark, we’ll beat these schools in places like Tuscaloosa. It’s already happened. Tennessee doesn’t bring these things.

Edit: I’m talking about recruiting battles and why with NIL, Miami can make jumps a team like Tennessee might not due to Miami as a desirable place to be young and have money and live in.

Last edited:
I can’t see anyone being like bama’s run. Honestly. But that’s like an extreme outlier to me.
Ok you do have a point but we are the closest thing to ever do that from 83-91. Then should have playeed in 3 from 00-02 and won atleast 2. Thats 2 separate eras. Im not calling Tennessee trash but they were never like us. They are more like Clemson who also won a national title in the 90s as well

With a high value staff, Miami as a place to be will win the close battles where if we are in the same ballpark, we’ll beat these schools in places like Tuscaloosa. It’s already happened. Tennessee doesn’t bring these things.
How do you know that RVA? Neither team Has played a snap.

Advertisement
As I said in the final sentence there, even if it wasn’t the intent.

I mean, I don’t see how it wouldn’t come off that way, I really don’t. If he wasn’t sure, why would he have set the commitment date? Short of Bama upping the bag to a ridiculous number, a change of heart in this particular scenario makes little sense

Anyway, I’m not trying to **** on the kid or anything so let’s not take it there lol was just adding my two cents to the weirdness
Malevolence also implies intent. So I was indirectly stating that in my opinion, "unintentional trolling", if that's even a thing, is not trolling.

If we feel trolled by a kid who hasn't even publicly named Miami as his leader, it might be time to re-evaluate how emotionally invested we are in prospects.

Advertisement
Ok you do have a point but we are the closest thing to ever do that from 83-91. Then should have playeed in 3 from 00-02 and won atleast 2. Thats 2 separate eras. Im not calling Tennessee trash but they were never like us. They are more like Clemson who also won a national title in the 90s as well
I don’t disagree. I think Miami’s run, and bama’s run were both outliers in different ways. I think at our best in the near future we’ll be capable of competing/winning a title every other year sort of like current osu

Advertisement
Our coach don’t have a lisp anymore, let’s let Mario work…
F318E8B5-2401-4708-BCBC-4511B5F58435.png

Tennessee has a great opportunity to be the 2nd best team in the SEC East and start competing for SEC ships.

Nico + Heupel should produce quite a bit of offense, and they currently have a top 10 2023 class.
I was completely just throwing **** against the wall because the conversation is completely absurd

They definitely have the resources

Tennessee has the second most wins in sec history if I’m not mistaken and they *claim* 6 titles. Whatever bro I’m not a Tennessee fan I don’t care y’all just move goal posts
Because I’ve had to listen to it for over 35 years, I’ll just point out that TN is one of the oldest schools in the SEC. 4 of their so-called NC’s were in the 30’s and 40’s and none were unanimous, 1 was in 1951. Only 1 in the modern era in ‘98. They’re the redheaded step children of the SEC and desperately want to be a blue bloods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back