2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we miss on him there’s Freeling.

Great problem to have that’s why I’m not worried about Alien.

Bryant, bonsu, Aguero/Aguirre whichever it is the safety I get confused by them two those are the more important this week cause we need LB and safeties because of our roster and current commits. Alien is a want. The others are a need.

We have probably 5 other lineman we can plug in if Alien bounces. There aren’t that many top LB and safeties still available

Advertisement
The whole “recruitment isn’t finished until signing day” rant is the exact stuff we were clowning rivals about a week ago. That’s a weak take. Especially in today’s era, you’d be a fool to think these NIL deals don’t have stipulations and contractual agreements binding players to schools far ahead of signing day. It’s a new era.

Our fans can be irrational, yet it always amaze me that insiders get mad when its hard to pull man back from the edge. Lmaooooo, u set them up to think its rosy, which it may have been but when it changes man, can't fathom it. And don't say it was people assuming cuz we had man posting combined scores that added up to whatever if u added a certain amount of players, last week.

Our fans need to know not to go trolling man off crystal balls or insider musings. Wait till the kid commits then go ham if u want. Even then i wouldn't cuz man aint sign. Only time i go after other fans is when they start attacking us for paying players or talking about Mario cant coach to fit their narrative.

Bottom line is none of these players are a lock, not Bryant, not Bonsu, Not Aguero, none of the OL. We are battling Bama, Ohio and UGA who have the resume and money.

The whole “recruitment isn’t finished until signing day” rant is the exact stuff we were clowning rivals about a week ago. That’s a weak take. Especially in today’s era, you’d be a fool to think these NIL deals don’t have stipulations and contractual agreements binding players to schools far ahead of signing day. It’s a new era.
It makes flipping less likely not not impossible.

Advertisement
I don’t think we shifted focus. Bama just turned up the heat.

But I told some friends this weekend I didn’t like this guy. Some big oaf with slow feet whose never gone against athletes like Nyjilak Kelly before. I’d rather take a basketball player like Freeling and bulk him up.

Samson is different. Dudes extremely athletic. Much better than Olaus.
Don’t get me wrong, I do like Freeling over Alinen all day, every day.

Only issue with that is I believe Alinen would end up as a guard at Miami and Freeling a tackle. And I really don’t think you can justify moving Freeling inside, I trust the staff but that would be insanity. Kid is as good a tackle prospect as anyone not named Okunlola or Mauigoa IMO, but he’s right there.

It makes flipping less likely not not impossible.
All depends on the stipulations and clauses for termination. Theres more than a few ways a kid could be locked in and realistically have no other choice. Is it fair? No. Does it make sense? Absolutely.

Advertisement
Bonsu and Bryant are coming, and that’s a fantastic week.
I’m not conceding anything but the OL names and numbers started to not make sense to me. No inside info just from watching recruiting for a long time

No matter what the OL room is going to get worked out I’m just not convinced it’s all the names we are hearing right now. So many huge names committing before the season…would be somewhat unprecedented so I would have to see it to believe it

But you’re exactly right. Just because the names might change doesn’t change how the class is going to ultimately play out

Don’t believe they can put that in the agreement, but let’s say it’s legal, why would a recruit sign that?

You would have to double your offer from whoever is in second place before I would advise my client to entertain signing that.

Advertisement
Just because we might not get Alinen it don't mean Freeling is a sure thing.He too will be a tough battle to land.
That’s the point…. There are no Gimme’s! Haynes was as close to a Duke Johnson lock slam dunk to Jawja as there can be. July is shaping up to be a lot bloodier than June…. And that’s Ok.

Advertisement
Don’t believe they can put that in the agreement, but let’s say it’s legal, why would a recruit sign that?

You would have to double your offer from whoever is in second place before I would advise my client to entertain signing that.
I dont think it would necessarily say “you must attend this university”.

Think more along the lines of “you must attend the office at this location blank amount of times a week”. Which geographically speaking would make it impossible to attend a different university.

As far as signing it, the elite of elite might hold off, but sometimes there’s pressure from the university that if you don’t sign now the offer will expire. Kinda strongholds kids/family into signing quickly and not having the ideal time to weigh options.

Naw, we’ve had 20 yrs of Humility! Some needed a reality check though. This isn’t Disney World when you’re Hunting Big Game. Saban shook things up when he jacked Jawja for Haynes…. Now all **** has broken loose…. But Mario’s up for it. Are we is the question?
3DB2DABC-9E50-40ED-B1A3-6BB34E548683.jpeg

I’m not conceding anything but the OL names and numbers started to not make sense to me. No inside info just from watching recruiting for a long time

No matter what the OL room is going to get worked out I’m just not convinced it’s all the names we are hearing right now. So many huge names committing before the season…would be somewhat unprecedented so I would have to see it to believe it

But you’re exactly right. Just because the names might change doesn’t change how the class is going to ultimately play out

At the end of the day, the kids who sign on the line which is dotted is all that matters.

This week, we're getting Bonsu and Bryant. That puts us over 260 points, and the #4 class in America, with only 16 commits. That's absurd.

Maybe we add Aguero, maybe Alinen, maybe both, maybe neither. Literally any of those situations are fine, because we're still going to sign the best OL class in the history of the school, and while Aguero would be an insane pull, there's no shame in "losing" him to UGA, who has been his leader for literally over a year. But we'll see. However, let's not lose sight of these facts, no matter what happens this week with the 5 kids committing:

1. We have an incredible, almost incomprehensible start to this class
2. We will add enough pieces, either this week or over the next 5 months, to easily push for the highest rated class we've had in 20 years.
3. We will sign the highest rated OL class we've ever signed, Alinen/Kirkland or not.
4. We have a bunch of ******* assassins on the trail, who live and breathe recruiting. We will not be fine. We will be much, much more than fine.
5. Enjoy this week, and every week going forward. This is the beginning. We are in the best spot we've been in a generation. Keep the big picture in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back