2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They werent Bat signals. There was only one by Coonet a #ComeBalWithUs and everything else was Smith AKA bagman tweeting about players we felt good about.

The Office Reaction GIF

Advertisement
I don’t think we shifted focus. Bama just turned up the heat.

But I told some friends this weekend I didn’t like this guy. Some big oaf with slow feet whose never gone against athletes like Nyjilak Kelly before. I’d rather take a basketball player like Freeling and bulk him up.

Samson is different. Dudes extremely athletic. Much better than Olaus.

While you make good points, Freeling and Alinen would have played different positions anyhow.

There wasn’t a single bay signal. Why is that so hard for most of this Board to understand. They were tweets at recruits Miami is trying to land. Smith has one bay signal and it’s the weird *** 98 windows tweet picture and he didn’t do that on Saturday at all
There 100% was a bat signal from Dennis. I’m not talking about the Aces or joker tweets, I’m talking about the Miami U flag pic he posts. We’ve always gotten a commit within a day of that post.

Look I don’t care either way what happens, but he for sure put out bat signals.

While you make good points, Freeling and Alinen would have played different positions anyhow.
I was basing it off people thinking Olaus is a tackle.

I like a class of Freeling, Samson, Mauiga, Kinsler, Tripp and Frankie

If I’m not making a prediction it means I don’t think it’s done either way , I’m just preparing people it might not be as many unicorns and rainbows as we thought this week lol. Things just don’t look as positive as they did.

There’s still plenty of positive mojo coming our way.
The kids Mario is targeting are also being targeted by the biggest of the big boys. Aint nobody gonna win all those battles. As long as we win our fair share we will be more than alright. Mario will get his, it's what he does.

Advertisement
There 100% was a bat signal from Dennis. I’m not talking about the Aces or joker tweets, I’m talking about the Miami U flag pic he posts. We’ve always gotten a commit within a day of that post.

He has posted 3 since July 4th

1 for francis
1 for Wayne
1 for Popo.

It’s really not that hard to follow. Everything else was hype.

I'm seeing a common trend here....

All these schools make a last second run. We hear the player is now leaning to the other school. Mario weaponizes his nut sack and swings away knocking out every opponent.

Guy ends up a Cane IMO. UL with Ray Ray, UF with Rashada, UT with Francis, Popo
Mario is familiar with this territory…. It’s just that Cane fans aren’t. Our Big game hunting seemingly came easy and somewhat unexpected Early…. Now that the Big Dogs are actually making us fight, it’s the Fans that I’ve puckered.

Some guys have already made concessions on guys…. Let it play out. We are still way ahead of the curve and Mario knows how to Counterpunch too. Let’s enjoy the Battle and Competition, because it’s been a Long time since we’ve been on the Card!

Advertisement
The kids Mario is targeting are also being targeted by the biggest of the big boys. Aint nobody gonna win all those battles. As long as we win our fair share we will be more than alright. Mario will get his, it's what he does.
That’s the point I’ve been trying to push today. These are heavyweight battles , this isn’t the featherweight class we were in before. I just know theres no level with the lunatics on this board.

Last edited:
Sounds like we were looking at Olaus and Kriklands as OGs and the other schools are pursuing them as OTs which probably is more attractive to both, which is understandable.

Am I understanding that correctly?

No.

This is his only bat signal and it's when people commit, usually the day of.

73F966BB-D053-4F81-BD60-018C2506BD04.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Swapping Freeling for Olaus doesn’t bother me much, especially when considering who will coach these kids up; but losing out on Aguero would sting.

Still think Mario and Addae get Aguero to commit to the good guys.

I would honestly say that losing Aguerro would be Mario's first major recruiting loss this cycle according to my scorecard. Up until him..most of the "losses" are debatable. Jalen Brown? Meh. Nigerian DE who went to Michigan? Meh. Brandon Innis? Meh.... But Aguero? Yeah, thats a big L...Half Dominican safety at a position of need going to Athens? (Need a hard hitting SS to be ready to go once Tae and JW move on). That would hurt a little to see him grab a UGA hat. Especially since we have been recruiting him very hard.

Alinen, as much as I want him, would be softened IF we got Freeling and/or Samson. You got Samson and Mauigua as your bookend OTs for 3 years and Alinen is basically waiting his turn or playing OG until they both move on to the draft after year 3..And Freeling with development can be a big time OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back