2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked it, looks like he’s wearing a Miami shirt while working out. Said “before heading to Florida”

Is he supposed to be visiting soon or what? Thought it was still a dead period
Probably heading to Miami for the cookout at the end of the month. Hopefully he commits before or perhaps he commits while he's here.

Advertisement
If not for 8-4 coming through with an all time class last year, Bama had one of their best classes ever on paper. They are still a monster. Saban is using 8-4 as motivation for his boosters. They didn’t even come close to remotely struggling last cycle. 8-4 did take a decent amount of thier top targets though.
You are right and Bama will do well this year despite what UM doing well on the trail.

However, there's going to be a slow depletion of talent as not only Miami, but AtM, ND, Texas, OU, Oregon, and USC get their fair share of top talent. Other schools like Michigan, Michigan St will get a few top tier prospects. We see Louisville this cycle get a couple of top tier players. Bama, UGA, Ohio State, and Clemson will all get less of the top recruits.

For us to eat, they have to starve. Just look at the top 300 from ESPN, 247Sports, or other recruiting service. The majority of the top 300 were going to Alabama, UGA, Ohio St, and Clemson. Not only that, but they were getting the lion's share of top 50 and top 100 players (could be calculated). Moving forward, that top 300 is going to be split between 11 teams instead of 4 plus some other schools will pick up a few.

There's going to be parity in college football recruiting. We're just starting to see it. It will take 3-5 years to get there, but it started last cycle.

Last edited:
UA is hosting a camp this weekend at IMG so he'll be there for that. Maybe he stays in the US and comes back down for the BBQ though.
Have you seen a full participant list for that?

I read an article on 247 last night that said Mauioga, Rashada, and Riley Williams would be the only ones there.

But I've also seen Olaus mention it himself.

Advertisement
My girl goes to FSU so it's flip season year round... watch the finish

And before you say anything @Confidence1000

Post one of your favorite quotes and who it's by! |  ask.fmhttps://ask.fm/Juliannahowatt

Advertisement
Personally I think there’s no way we turn down a top 100 player. Either take more kids or kick out Frankie.
Maybe they like the long term projection on Frankie better. If both aren’t going to play, i at least under the logic of taking the higher ceiling guy. I’d find a way to squeeze them both in personally.

Maybe they like the long term projection on Frankie better. If both aren’t going to play, i at least under the logic of taking the higher ceiling guy. I’d find a way to squeeze them both in personally.
Just no way imo. A guy who is a top prospect you know can put in the required effort to at least be good

Advertisement
Could we get so much talent in year one on the OL that we convince Frank T to go Prep for a year if he doesnt work out the class issue. "Hey we really want you here but you need to take care of this...get that squared away and you come in next year a year old and stronger."

Frees up a spot for us to take Kirkland or Freeling (assuming its a numbers crunch) and doesnt burn a bridge.

Just no way imo. A guy who is a top prospect you know can put in the required effort to at least be good
Different positions. Freeling looks like a guy who is strictly a tackle. They appear set to get 3 guys at tackle they have ahead of him. Tinilau can definitely play inside.

It makes sense. What is the need to take a 4th tackle?

Different positions. Freeling looks like a guy who is strictly a tackle. They appear set to get 3 guys at tackle they have ahead of him. Tinilau can definitely play inside.

It makes sense. What is the need to take a 4th tackle?
Alinen and Francis can play inside from what I've read. So if you can have another elite tackle take him, and if moving those 2 inside ends up not working out someone can transfer.

Advertisement
Alinen and Francis can play inside from what I've read. So if you can have another elite tackle take him, and if moving those 2 inside ends up not working out someone can transfer.
They both can play inside. Doesn’t seem they are inclined to take 7 though and that would mean they don’t have Freeling labeled as elite. Good but not elite and they seem to really like Tinilau.

Have you seen a full participant list for that?

I read an article on 247 last night that said Mauioga, Rashada, and Riley Williams would be the only ones there.

But I've also seen Olaus mention it himself.
Rashada not going anymore per Gaby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back