2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ranted to my then girlfriend about how the miami administration didn’t care about football anymore ($$$, coaching, facilities etc..) This was after the Michigan State loss. Then Kirk went on T.V and called them out on the national stage and as we know EVERYTHING changed. I married her and told her she’s my good luck charm now lolView attachment 197928
You are a lucky man. Her and now mario

Advertisement
In the midst of some ranting and raving on the Bama 247 board, the other main moderator, Tim Watts:

I for one am not surprised about UM success recruiting. Mario would not have went to UM without the complete support to do what he could do to flip the roster asap. I've known him a long time. Very likeable guy.

Advertisement
Saban has never been the best X and O guy he’s just had super over loaded teams
What’s crazy is that no one will own up to the bags that have been dropped for years to these SEC teams that have owned the CFB world. Miami was being scrutinized since before Nevin Shapiro and couldn’t mess up or risk the death penalty (even if we had competent coaching or money to grow the program/facilities). And the NIL comes in to allow for legal payment for players’ worth, and Bama can no longer compete.

Who in their right mind not from the Deep South wants to spend 4-5 years in Tuscaloosa versus Miami? History will focus on how good the current SEC became with no real explanation as to how they got there. And the next chapter just started with NIL and we are ascending. Looking forward to a long next chapter. Too early to extend Mario’s contract?

We got a new Mario recruiting law.
@lindend
Someone posted an article that you want to be the last visit or the first visit with the last visit being optimal. Visits between are the twighlight zone of recruiting. Does anyone remember that post or have that article? Since Miami was visit #1, I don't think any law was broken.

Pretty sure that Mario has closed on visits for #2 and #3 for several recruits though.

Advertisement
In the midst of some ranting and raving on the Bama 247 board, the other main moderator, Tim Watts:

I for one am not surprised about UM success recruiting. Mario would not have went to UM without the complete support to do what he could do to flip the roster asap. I've known him a long time. Very likeable guy.
People who really know him understand and knew that he was gonna smack on the trail. Only idiots from Eugene and Gainesville thought he was trash

Lol I was driving back to Miami with my GF from St. Pete. Cut her off mid sentence and tell her to put on CBS stream.

We both watched the commitment.

I tried to have a conversation about it after, but that part didn't get far lol.

I was driving to the airport in Pittsburgh with my GF when I changed it from music to the cbs stream. She was like are really watching tv while driving. I explained kinda but mostly listening.

I then explained what Mario was doing and how important that announcement was. She was like wellllll ok that sounds good.

Advertisement
Sooooo we getting this kid?
yup-the-office.gif

People who really know him understand and knew that he was gonna smack on the trail. Only idiots from Eugene and Gainesville thought he was trash
Honestly the Oregon guys I heard talking said he was a great recruiter but average coach.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back