2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Committed:
Tackle: Mauigoa
Guard/Center: Tripp
Guard/Tackle: Tinilau

Leans:
Guard: Kinsler
Guard/Tackle: Freeling
Guard/Tackle: Olaus
Tackle: Okunlola

Based on this, we need 1 more pure tackle for depth and 1 more guard/center for additional depth as well especially that oline is one of the toughest positions to predict on how they'll pan out.
I think that Freeling is the Tackle that you are looking for.

Committed:
Tackle: Mauigoa
Guard/Center: Tripp
Guard/Tackle: Tinilau

Leans:
Guard: Kinsler
Guard/Tackle: Freeling
Guard/Tackle: Olaus
Tackle: Okunlola

Based on this, we need 1 more pure tackle for depth and 1 more guard/center for additional depth as well especially that oline is one of the toughest positions to predict on how they'll pan out.

The Miami Seawall.

Advertisement
I read on here from one poster that said we are taking 4 OL. I think if certain guys want in, that number could easily go to 6-7 especially if Samson wants in.

Not that it matters, but **** was his comment?

Basically some linemen (obviously didnt name them) have called to inquire about where they stand since the Mauigoa commitment. Implied could see some guys push their commitment up and jump on board because they want to be apart of this and not risk not having a spot if they wait too late.

That news coupled with Alinen hinting at needing an edit, well ….

Last edited:
And if Kirkland surprises and wants in you take him, too.
Facts. Problem is idk if they can legitimately take 8 OL. Poster said earlier that Freeling was looking Pro-Miami similar to Alinen.

My guess is that they'll take 6 and stop there just because of the 85 limit while also having to fill out the rest of the roster. CB needs at least 3 if not 4, WR needs 4, imo LB needs 4 in this class, DL needs minimum 4, we have 3 TEs that will stick, 2 Safeties, 1-2 RBs, and 2 QBS....which is about a 30 man class.

All part of the reason why I don't think QB E. Williams sticks. But time will tell on that.

Advertisement
Facts. Problem is idk if they can legitimately take 8 OL. Poster said earlier that Freeling was looking Pro-Miami similar to Alinen.

My guess is that they'll take 6 and stop there just because of the 85 limit while also having to fill out the rest of the roster. CB needs at least 3 if not 4, WR needs 4, imo LB needs 4 in this class, DL needs minimum 4, we have 3 TEs that will stick, 2 Safeties, 1-2 RBs, and 2 QBS....which is about a 30 man class.

All part of the reason why I don't think QB E. Williams sticks. But time will tell on that.
Yeah there is the 85 man limit, but no class limit now. Wouldn't surprise me to see Mario encourage guys to move on if he can fill the line with him own guys, especially if the old guys already have a degree (Scaife, Reed, etc). Transfer and recruiting rules allow for QUICK roster turnover now.

We won’t be taking 4 ol. The number I posted was 6 , maybe even 7.
Tells u how great our room looks lol we took 2 transfers and are taking 6 more lineman this cycle and also added 2 lineman in mccoy and anez since mario has taken over

Advertisement
He is gonna announce a commit date sometime soon probably. He tagged that guy who does the commit edits, saying he might need him soon.

Last edited:
Currently we have
SR - Oluwassen, Scaife
JR - Campbell , Clark, Zion, Reed, Traore
So - None
Fr - McLaughlin (R), Rivers (R), Rodriguez (R), Sagapolu (R), Seymore (R) , Washington (R) , Denis (R), Cooper, McCoy

The Covid year used up no eligibility

Oluwassen graduates, Zion & Scaife may be drafted, Reed may be pushed out for lack of talent/development, Rodriguez, Seymore & Traore may move on for lack of size/strength for the scheme.

That would open 7 spots
Isn’t Jon Denis transferring in too? We e got a sizable OLine department in our hands.

Advertisement
This dude is listed at 6'6, 315. That body type screams OT to me. Is he really a possibility to move inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back