2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did away with the 25. It may only be a temporary change. They also made it where players can "retire" keep their scholarship as a student and not count towards 85.

Now is the time to reshape a roster if you are so inclined to do so, and I believe Mario is clined.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Committed:
Tackle: Mauigoa
Guard/Center: Tripp
Guard/Tackle: Tinilau

Leans:
Guard: Kinsler
Guard/Tackle: Freeling
Guard/Tackle: Olaus
Tackle: Okunlola

Based on this, we need 1 more pure tackle for depth and 1 more guard/center for additional depth as well especially that oline is one of the toughest positions to predict on how they'll pan out.

Wtf. We may not have space for Kinsler or Tinilau. Mauigoa, Okunlola, Freeling, Alinen, Tripp.
Excited Season 1 GIF by Men in Kilts: A Roadtrip with Sam and Graham

I would consider Mauigoa a G/T too. He definitely has the strength, with his initial pop, to play inside. I think Freeling end up a RT, but you knows🤷🏿‍♂️

Either way, if we land Samson, Freeland, FM, Tripp, Alinen, and Kinsler, Mirabel will have to start wearing lifts just to talk to these monsters

Advertisement
TBH - the best combo may be

Okunlola - Mauigoa - Tripp - Alinen - Freeling

Mauigoa may end up like Ikem Ekwanu and me a guard that transitions to tackle. That is a championship line. Freeling is a lot longer than Francis. Francis at guard would be like

Who is going to play guard?

Is it Kinsler and Alinen? Because I assume Mauigoa and Okunlola are the tackles - is Freeling a guard?
I think Freeling is a tackle. You let all of them compete and place them where they land after the smoke clears. I wrote this in another thread about Freeling, Mauigoa and Okunlola, they are all 3 tackles let them compete. UGA and Bama stack talent like crazy all the time, why not Miami? The way I see it, it’s a premium to be coached up by MC and Mirabal on the OL

Advertisement
To me it may be hard to hang on to Mauigoa if we move him to guard. Unless he doesn’t care. I just know the tackle money at the next level is significant.

I think we would wait, atleast until seeing him live at greentree, to have a conversation like that. At this point, stack chips !

Advertisement
I would consider Mauigoa a G/T too. He definitely has the strength, with his initial pop, to play inside. I think Freeling end up a RT, but you knows🤷🏿‍♂️

Either way, if we land Samson, Freeland, FM, Tripp, Alinen, and Kinsler, Mirabel will have to start wearing lifts just to talk to these monsters
I’m not an OL guru but I agree I think Freeling ends up at tackle. If we land Okunlola maybe Freeling takes over at LT after he leaves?

Not for nothing but there’s been a lot of questions about Gattis offense and Mauigoa looks like the perfect kid to fit in with what he likes to do. I mean no brainer right but that offense needs big nasty mfers like him

OL is a #s position. Keep adding guys with traits you like and see how they develop. Guys can move around as well, as I would expect FM to just like Evan Neal did at Bama.

With the IC limit gone for the next 2 years, it’s a great chance to rebuild this roster. Cut the dead weight and sign huge classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back