2023 Olaus Alinen #WatchTheFinnish (to Bama)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
asked in another thread- this kid a future tackle or guard?

Considering the quality of prospects that his top schools routinely bring in along the OL, my bet is he gets time at both. A lot of the best tackle prospects have the required traits to excel on the interior as well--and often start out there early in their college careers. 6'7 is taller than the norm for guard, but as long as he's not too stiff to get bend and engage with leverage from a 3-point stance he seems to have the sort of build and strength that can play either. If this dude was going to a school that isn't racking up top ranked OTs every year, then he would very likely work at OT full time.

Advertisement
Wtf. We may not have space for Kinsler or Tinilau. Mauigoa, Okunlola, Freeling, Alinen, Tripp.
I don't think Tinilau is going anywhere. Guy is raw but has a super high ceiling. If we land half of those guys, he will be able to take the time to properly develop without being rushed in like Zion was.

Funny you didn't even mention Kirkland. We're potentially doing so well on the OL that we aren't even sweating him. Don't get me wrong, still want him.

I don't think Tinilau is going anywhere. Guy is raw but has a super high ceiling. If we land half of those guys, he will be able to take the time to properly develop without being rushed in like Zion was.

Funny you didn't even mention Kirkland. We're potentially doing so well on the OL that we aren't even sweating him. Don't get me wrong, still want him.
I was listening to a space last night and Tripp said that Tinilau was big in getting Francis with their Samoan connection. I think we are more likely to see a big O line class and a lot of attrition through the portal. We have a bunch of O linemen that are just really small on the current roster.

Advertisement
I was listening to a space last night and Tripp said that Tinilau was big in getting Francis with their Samoan connection. I think we are more likely to see a big O line class and a lot of attrition through the portal. We have a bunch of O linemen that are just really small on the current roster.

The OL has been weeks old, smelly ***-juice for a decade. I don't care if we take 10 linemen this class.

Who is going to play guard?

Is it Kinsler and Alinen? Because I assume Mauigoa and Okunlola are the tackles - is Freeling a guard?

Considering we currently have a roster with Zion and a bunch of guards (or small "centers"), I don't think we need to be too concerned about this. A lot of top tier tackle prospects also check the boxes for guard traits. Mauigoa very well may end up playing guard and making A LOT of money doing so onto the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back