Oladele led me to look closer at Head, Jr.

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
After Oladele's de-commitment, I spent some time today watching DEs.

On another thread, I mentioned he reminded me more of a Joe Jackson-type than a Jon Garvin-type. Oladele's a seeming straight line guy with awesome reach.

This led me to look at prospects and find a surprising amount of potential in James Head, Jr. I really like this player and think he'd fit extremely well behind Garvin at WDE. He's got + lateral ability and change of direction. Great burst. I'm in. I really love how Kul picks up complementary type players at positions who fit perfectly into Manny Diaz's defense. I think this is the type of guy who'll remind Kul of Charles Harris' style and some UM fans of former DE Olivier Vernon's style.

****, man. What a class.

Advertisement
CluxSPGWAAEknRw.jpg

James Head is a good player. Very nice change of direction for a taller guy. His bookend, Randy Charlton, is also really talented. Both put up huge numbers this year for an elite Southridge defense. I think Charlton is more of a linebacker though.

I'm posting a comprehensive list of the local DEs and hybrids this week. If you combine the two, it's a very deep group.

James Head is a good player. Very nice change of direction for a taller guy. His bookend, Randy Charlton, is also really talented. Both put up huge numbers this year for an elite Southridge defense. I think Charlton is more of a linebacker though.

I'm posting a comprehensive list of the local DEs and hybrids this week. If you combine the two, it's a very deep group.
Look forward to it. I mostly go off those summaries to begin looking at prospects in a recruiting year. It's just this year things have moved so quickly. I've looked at more players early on than I have since probably our college and law school days. I had heard of James Head Jr when I watched some of Southridge's players last year, but didn't really close look at him till today. Like I said, like the potential.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Fwiw both charlton and head had great short shuttle times a few months back at one of the camps

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back