OL Zion Nelson

Advertisement
I’ve seen soldiers with battle wounds recover faster
Coming To America Bar GIF

Advertisement
I'm not sure what his injury is and I hope he is able to make a return this season, but with the speculation around cartilage there is good and bad news with those type of injuries.

Good is, that there are procedures and options with both real and synthetic cartilage to be transplanted via autograph or allograft for a patient that do have good outcomes, and return to function.

The bad is, those procedures can go sideways quick for a wide variety of reasons both intra-operatively and down the road during rehab. Dependant on surgical pathway(s) taken, these procedures can be revised several times.

Worst case the kid ends up with a hemi or full knee replacement at 30ish.
These cartilage surgeries are for regular people who don't participate in heavy sports with slightly advanced ages, most recommended for people with a certain extent of cartilage left. My father's knees are destroyed to the point where such a surgery would have no effect (Osteoarthritis at 14, advanced, I'm glad I don't have his bones, he'll turn 54 soon).

Zion Nelson is +300 lbs playing football, even if he got said surgery, it'd be ****ed anyway. If your knee cartilage is already ****ed at his age, there are more underlying problems.

He should stop playing. It's not worth it.

These cartilage surgeries are for regular people who don't participate in heavy sports with slightly advanced ages, most recommended for people with a certain extent of cartilage left. My father's knees are destroyed to the point where such a surgery would have no effect (Osteoarthritis at 14, advanced, I'm glad I don't have his bones, he'll turn 54 soon).

Zion Nelson is +300 lbs playing football, even if he got said surgery, it'd be ****ed anyway. If your knee cartilage is already ****ed at his age, there are more underlying problems.

He should stop playing. It's not worth it.
This is not entirely true, but yes that size and requirements out of your knee in football definitely make it more challenging.

Advertisement
They should use peptides to help heal these surgeries.
NFL guys and other athletes in Europe are using them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
wiIn all seriousness… obviously take the 1st round pick projection pipe dream talk from 2-3 years and throw that out the window…

but ….IF Zion could come back , let rivers slide to LG and hold down the LT spot with even 2-4 round projection kind of year….

It would allow Samson and Bell to backup the T spots and Kinsler and Mcoy as the backup G. Leaving Rodriguez as the weakest link at 2nd string C.

Now Rodriguez may not ‘wow’anyone as a starter by any means . On the other hand, for him to be the 10th best offensive lineman on the depth chart; plus some of the other guys we’re developing behind him, gives us as stacked of a cupboard at Oline than I can remember in a long time.

Zion’s return would raise our ceiling and our floor.

Disclaimer:
Conor Mckenna Fah GIF by Foil Arms and Hog

wiIn all seriousness… obviously take the 1st round pick projection pipe dream talk from 2-3 years and throw that out the window…

but ….IF Zion could come back , let rivers slide to LG and hold down the LT spot with even 2-4 round projection kind of year….

It would allow Samson and Bell to backup the T spots and Kinsler and Mcoy as the backup G. Leaving Rodriguez as the weakest link at 2nd string C.

Now Rodriguez may not ‘wow’anyone as a starter by any means . On the other hand, for him to be the 10th best offensive lineman on the depth chart; plus some of the other guys we’re developing behind him, gives us as stacked of a cupboard at Oline than I can remember in a long time.

Zion’s return would raise our ceiling and our floor.

Disclaimer:
Conor Mckenna Fah GIF by Foil Arms and Hog
Even if Zion could give us 4-5 weeks of starter level quality at that LT spot, it would be great.

Give Bell or Samson more time to get ready.

Advertisement
Back