OL Zion Nelson

Advertisement
If and I mean if Rivers and Lee come back and I think they should, This OL will have the makings of a top 5 OL in the country. I love writing things down so I can't resist ..

LT Samson Okunlola/Markel Bell/Matt McCoy
LG Jalen Rivers/Tommy Kinsler/ Frankie Tinilau/Jon Denis
C Matt Lee/ Antonio Tripp/Ryan Rodriguez
RG Anez Cooper /Tommy Kinsler/Logan Sagupalo
RT Francis Mauigoa /Matt McCoy/Tommy Kinsler

I just can't justify putting McCoy in the starting lineup right now. Plus there is no basis to believe that the coaches will move Francis out of the RT spot just to put him at LG unless Kinsler, Bell or McCoy beat him out fair and square which is in the realm of possibility but extremely doubtful.
Denis is gone
Sagupalo should be gone
24 kids are bad and could push other for backup roles

Advertisement
Man, as I said in a prior post in this thread, I was weary of Rivers at LT and think he’s best suited inside as his $ position in the NFL. But, some of you automatically bumping him inside next year seems dubious.

Someone on our roster has to actually be better than him at LT for it to make sense to me. I hope that’s somehow the case, but Rivers now has a ton on his resume.

If Lee comes back, it should be a top OL anyway. You have Lee/Cooper/Mauigoa on the right side and I’m not sure there’ll be a comparable group anywhere in college football. Whatever combination they come up with at LT/LG will be very talented players.

Man, as I said in a prior post in this thread, I was weary of Rivers at LT and think he’s best suited inside as his $ position in the NFL. But, some of you automatically bumping him inside next year seems dubious.

Someone on our roster has to actually be better than him at LT for it to make sense to me. I hope that’s somehow the case, but Rivers now has a ton on his resume.

If Lee comes back, it should be a top OL anyway. You have Lee/Cooper/Mauigoa on the right side and I’m not sure there’ll be a comparable group anywhere in college football. Whatever combination they come up with at LT/LG will be very talented players.
It's video game logic. Until Samson proves it and Bell gets on campus let alone proves it, Rivers would be our LT. Quietly did a great job this year.

Saw him two weeks ago on campus. One leg was missing, but coaches were optimistic something could be worked out to get him back on the field one day in the future. They just could not commit to a timetable.
Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

To answer your second question, it would be difficult. IMO the only way that happens is if Bell wins the LT job and Okunlola wins the LG spot but that is highly unlikely if Rivers comes back. Rivers far exceeded my expectations and everyone else's for that matter at LT. So if Rivers comes back it's very unlikely that he gets beat out at LT and LG.
Rivers best spot is G

Advertisement
Advertisement

I dont recal Rivers getting beat at all this season. He destroyed Verse from Florida St and made him irrelevant. I dont see anyone beating him out for the Tackle spot.

Advertisement
I dont recal Rivers getting beat at all this season. He destroyed Verse from Florida St and made him irrelevant. I dont see anyone beating him out for the Tackle spot.

Not necessarily someone beating him out, but getting the best 5 out there he might need to move over to G or C

Never understood the thinking, that to cover one hole in your line you create issues at other spots.

Advertisement
Back