OL woes

Of course a coach can help a player execute better. But it is up to the player to execute. I agree with you that good teams and good players can execute poorly. We are just not good enough to overcome our poor execution. That is where good coach is valuable. He can help figure out why the execution was poor. He can’t however completely control how well the team executes. There are way too many variables that dictate that. I will give you one example. A coach from Buffalo University, has very little control over his players’ ability to execute if they play Alabama. Why, because there is a variable difference in talent across the board which makes it difficult for UB players to execute. The other variable is if Bama takes UB serious enough to execute.

You still do not understand the answer or the questions.

Talent is different than execution. This is the part that so many get wrong. A high school team would never get a play off vs the Patriots. But that is not because of poor execution. You see a play fail and think it is execution. Maybe they were about to do everything right and some super talent blew it up.

You see a player miss a block and the entire play fails...could have been the best executed play in history but that WR just could not block that NFL ready 5 star DB. That's not poor execution.

Remove talent from the discussion.

You actually can't depend on players to execute properly. 11 players cannot execute a play properly on their own. never. never ever. can't be done. The coach has to take it out of their hands. How do you do that?

It is no different than the marching band doing a half time show or dancers preparing for a performance You could never get all those band members to execute on their own. impossible. too many moving parts.

So how does a coach do it? one answer gets them all to execute properly. makes no difference....the band, dancers, players...it is all the same.

Advertisement
You still do not understand the answer or the questions.

Talent is different than execution. This is the part that so many get wrong. A high school team would never get a play off vs the Patriots. But that is not because of poor execution. You see a play fail and think it is execution. Maybe they were about to do everything right and some super talent blew it up.

You see a player miss a block and the entire play fails...could have been the best executed play in history but that WR just could not block that NFL ready 5 star DB. That's not poor execution.

Remove talent from the discussion.

You actually can't depend on players to execute properly. 11 players cannot execute a play properly on their own. never. never ever. can't be done. The coach has to take it out of their hands. How do you do that?

It is no different than the marching band doing a half time show or dancers preparing for a performance You could never get all those band members to execute on their own. impossible. too many moving parts.

So how does a coach do it? one answer gets them all to execute properly. makes no difference....the band, dancers, players...it is all the same.

Dude. I never said execution and talent are the same. I provided the definition of execution my response. The point I am making is that players execute. A players ability to executive relies on many factors. Talent is only one of many factors that effects one’s ability to execute. Example, Jimmy Murphy cannot be expected to execute a particular running play at the same level as DJ due to the difference talent. Murphy may lack speed, agility and other characteristics required to execute a particular.

Advertisement
Back