OL vs OL

Now you guys think Bruce Feldman hates us? Jesus, can you be more fragile? The guy is a big a Miami homer as exists in the media. He’s written ******* books about the program. He went to school here. What he said holds weight....Miami is starting 2 freshman offensive tackles against a DL that has started 130 career games. The good news is, we’re actually gonna play football on Saturday, and we’ll see how things go. Many Miami fans think those kids will hold their own. They’ll get the chance in 2 days. But Feldman is a **** stain because he’s concerned that 2 freshmen tackles might not hold up against an experienced DL? Y’all are weirdos.
I don't think it's a "hate" thing, I think it's a lazy, just repeat what everyone else said "analysis" of the game that misses important aspects. He talks about our O-line...yes, the tackles are inexperienced. He doesn't point out that the Florida O-line across the board is less experienced, and comprised of kids that were lower ranked out of high school. He throws out some random line about our wide receivers, and some unintelligible babble about our running backs. Where is the analysis of the Gator's wide receivers (who at best are a wash with ours, likely are worse)? Our RBs are better. Our TEs are the best tandem in the country.

Advertisement
Go back to the two weeks prior to the UM / ND game in 2017. "UM has no chance against ND's dominant OL that inlcudes two consensus first round draft picks". How did that turn out?

I don't think it's a "hate" thing, I think it's a lazy, just repeat what everyone else said "analysis" of the game that misses important aspects. He talks about our O-line...yes, the tackles are inexperienced. He doesn't point out that the Florida O-line across the board is less experienced, and comprised of kids that were lower ranked out of high school. He throws out some random line about our wide receivers, and some unintelligible babble about our running backs. Where is the analysis of the Gator's wide receivers (who at best are a wash with ours, likely are worse)? Our RBs are better. Our TEs are the best tandem in the country.

You expect a national analyst to say Miami has the best TE tandem in the country? Will Mallory caught 5 passes last year. You think national writers are as delusional as our fans??

And for the record, I genuinely believe that these two CAN become the best tandem in the country. But come on. One of the guys caught 5 balls. You gotta have some perspective here. There was nothing lazy about the analysis, no national guy knows the talent here better than Feldman. It’s his opinion. You guys think Deejay Dallas is as good as Travis Etienne or D’Andre Swift? Stop being so sensitive. Sorry, Miami is in a “show me” state right now. Yes, we all blame Richt. But you still gotta prove that’s true.

You expect a national analyst to say Miami has the best TE tandem in the country? Will Mallory caught 5 passes last year. You think national writers are as delusional as our fans??

And for the record, I genuinely believe that these two CAN become the best tandem in the country. But come on. One of the guys caught 5 balls. You gotta have some perspective here. There was nothing lazy about the analysis, no national guy knows the talent here better than Feldman. It’s his opinion. You guys think Deejay Dallas is as good as Travis Etienne or D’Andre Swift? Stop being so sensitive. Sorry, Miami is in a “show me” state right now. Yes, we all blame Richt. But you still gotta prove that’s true.
Who's talking about Etienne or Swift? Deejay Dallas and Cam Harris are, however, better than the Gators RBs. Again, he spoke of our Oline as if it were a fatal flaw...while not pointing out that Florida's Oline may quite possibly be even weaker across the board. I'm not saying Miami is Clemson caliber. I'm talking Miami compared to Florida. My point is analysts continue to point out valid flaws in Miami...the problem is they then overlook valid flaws in Florida.

Who's talking about Etienne or Swift? Deejay Dallas and Cam Harris are, however, better than the Gators RBs. Again, he spoke of our Oline as if it were a fatal flaw...while not pointing out that Florida's Oline may quite possibly be even weaker across the board. I'm not saying Miami is Clemson caliber. I'm talking Miami compared to Florida. My point is analysts continue to point out valid flaws in Miami...the problem is they then overlook valid flaws in Florida.
Somebody on 247 did a talent analysis on both teams. They took all the composites from both teams on both sides of the ball. They were literally dead even. Florida edged Miami out on offense slightly by like .1 points and Miami edged Florida out on defense by .1 point

Advertisement
Somebody on 247 did a talent analysis on both teams. They took all the composites from both teams on both sides of the ball. They were literally dead even. Florida edged Miami out on offense slightly by like .1 points and Miami edged Florida out on defense by .1 point
That's what I don't get. I hate Alabama, I hate OSU, I hate ND. However, I absolutely agree that those teams are in the upper tier right now. I don't understand people like Feldman saying UF should be top 10 when you look at what they have and don't have. O-line....not only is it inexperienced, it is comprised of low level recruits...and has no depth. RB....solid, but not even close to elite. Our RB unit is better than theirs. WR....good, but nothing special. Similar to ours. QB...yes, he's experienced. However, unless he shows a significant jump this year, he was mediocre to downright bad against the better defenses, and barely able to perform when pressured. Defensive line? With the departure of the players who left for the draft, plus the injuries and suspensions, they are extremely thin, inexperienced, and other than Zuniga no one stands out as a great player. Linebackers? Average. Secondary? Great talent at CB, but little depth, and mediocre talent and no depth at safety.

Not saying we should be highly ranked, or ranked at all at this point. We've proven nothing. But based on their play last year, and what they have this year, I see nothing about Florida that points to a top 10 team, unless there is significant development of a lot of players (which is quite possible, but why assume it will happen and rank them highly before it actually happens?).

Williams can help the OL as much as the OL can help him. He has to get the ball out fast. Enos' system should help. I could see Enos moving the pocket as well, to counter some of the blitzing that Grantham will do. Enos is going to have to be unpredictable to keep the defense off-balance. Being conservative and babying Williams, like they did with Kaaya against Louisville, would be the worst thing for Enos to do, and I would bet he knows it.

These games come down to the DL anyway most of the time, and I think Miami has the advantage there.

That's what I don't get. I hate Alabama, I hate OSU, I hate ND. However, I absolutely agree that those teams are in the upper tier right now. I don't understand people like Feldman saying UF should be top 10 when you look at what they have and don't have. O-line....not only is it inexperienced, it is comprised of low level recruits...and has no depth. RB....solid, but not even close to elite. Our RB unit is better than theirs. WR....good, but nothing special. Similar to ours. QB...yes, he's experienced. However, unless he shows a significant jump this year, he was mediocre to downright bad against the better defenses, and barely able to perform when pressured. Defensive line? With the departure of the players who left for the draft, plus the injuries and suspensions, they are extremely thin, inexperienced, and other than Zuniga no one stands out as a great player. Linebackers? Average. Secondary? Great talent at CB, but little depth, and mediocre talent and no depth at safety.

Not saying we should be highly ranked, or ranked at all at this point. We've proven nothing. But based on their play last year, and what they have this year, I see nothing about Florida that points to a top 10 team, unless there is significant development of a lot of players (which is quite possible, but why assume it will happen and rank them highly before it actually happens?).
Agree on everything. They deserve to be top 10 because they won 10 games and had a nice bowl win. We don't deserve respect or anything until we earn it. The talent is even. Let's also look at how close UF was to being 8-4 last year (which is what I think they do this year).

He was talking about our backs nationally. He wasn’t comparing anyone to the gators. He said he thinks it’ll take 2 years to get where we need to be. I disagree, but it’s nowhere near the most egregious thing anyone has ever said. And again, your opinion is Deejay and Cam are better than the gator backs. I share the same opinion. However, Perine had more yards, TDs, and better YPC than Deejay last season. Yes, Richt. We know. But nationally, you have to prove it. Just funny to me that if you’re not a homer you’re a **** stain lmao.

The good part? We get to shut everyone up on Saturday night. As I wrote in my thread earlier in the week, what an opportunity we have in front of us. All of these “lazy” opinions can be changed real quick.

Advertisement
I don't think he hates us. I just think his analysis sucks this time. Still haven't found a good one in the traditional media. And, it's almost 2 days before game.
Was talking with Cribby yesterday about the national hive mind around the outcome of this game. I’m fine if you pick Florida, there’s reason to expect they’ll win. But every “breakdown” I’ve heard or read amounts to “look Florida has a veteran QB and I think Miami will keep it close for a half. Scrappy game but Florida is the better team and their front seven is good they pull it out.”

How is it possible that everyone thinks it’ll be pretty close but only one team will find a way to win? How is this the first game of the season and yet no one has looked at meaningful matchups? Is it too much to expect them to know that our OL actually has more starts than UF’s and is more highly rated? That our DL is going to run 10-12 guys deep and if the game is close late Miami should have the advantage, not UF’s wafer of DL? Or their paper thin secondary. Has no one looked at the nightmare of David Reese trying to cover the best TE in the conference, and someone else having to cover Brevin Jordan? That the offense was sub 100 in production — and yet Franks only threw for 300 total more yards than M’kosi Perrosier? How can the same guys who “love Jeff Thomas and KJ Osborn” and think Jarren is going to be good to great in time ALL DECIDE this second to third tier SEC squad is “jus gonna find a way to win the dad gum bawl game”.

Ultimately who cares. But gal dang y’all.

These are “safe predictions” in the minds of the pundits. The reality is that we have 3 major question marks on the offense side of the ball (2 OTs and the QB). The news out of Coral Gables has been tough to come by (tighter than a whale’s ******). How can anyone go out on a limb and feel comfortable given the circumstances? We are who we want to be. I heard the Jimmy Johnson speech to the team this morning and am pumped. We have a new chapter ahead of us and game one vs the gators is the proverbial turning of the page. Let’s Go Canes!!!

Was talking with Cribby yesterday about the national hive mind around the outcome of this game. I’m fine if you pick Florida, there’s reason to expect they’ll win. But every “breakdown” I’ve heard or read amounts to “look Florida has a veteran QB and I think Miami will keep it close for a half. Scrappy game but Florida is the better team and their front seven is good they pull it out.”

How is it possible that everyone thinks it’ll be pretty close but only one team will find a way to win? How is this the first game of the season and yet no one has looked at meaningful matchups? Is it too much to expect them to know that our OL actually has more starts than UF’s and is more highly rated? That our DL is going to run 10-12 guys deep and if the game is close late Miami should have the advantage, not UF’s waiver of DL? Or their paper thin secondary. Has no one looked at the nightmare of David Reese trying to cover the best TE in the conference, and someone else having to cover Brevin Jordan? That the offense was sub 100 in production — and yet Franks only threw for 300 total more yards than M’kosi Perrosier? How can the same guys who “love Jeff Thomas and KJ Osborn” and think Jarren is going to be good to great in time ALL DECIDE this second to third tier SEC squad is “jus gonna find a way to win the dad gum bawl game”.

Ultimately who cares. But gal dang y’all.
Exactly. That's my problem with it. The analyses go in depth about our shortcomings, and rightfully so. That's not the complaint. But they don't do the same for Florida, they simply apply the logic that Florida won 10 games last year, so they must be better, without analyzing the many similar flaws that they have compared to us.

Advertisement
Now you guys think Bruce Feldman hates us? Jesus, can you be more fragile? The guy is a big a Miami homer as exists in the media. He’s written ******* books about the program. He went to school here. What he said holds weight....Miami is starting 2 freshman offensive tackles against a DL that has started 130 career games. The good news is, we’re actually gonna play football on Saturday, and we’ll see how things go. Many Miami fans think those kids will hold their own. They’ll get the chance in 2 days. But Feldman is a **** stain because he’s concerned that 2 freshmen tackles might not hold up against an experienced DL? Y’all are weirdos.

Was just coming to say this. Isn't Feldman a Miami grad?

Seriously, the guy has always had really favorable things to say about the Canes. And when he "dumps on us," he's usually been right -- he said since the moment MR got hired that he'd be running a JV offense. That's about the most "negative" thing I've heard him say about the program.

He’s a Canes fan no doubt. His analysis is way off in my opinion. The Canes have plenty of offensive talent, just young. As for Williams, he’s a 4 star guy with plenty of talent. Why not him? My thought is that the Canes will elevate much faster than Feldman’s view. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Considering how bad the offense scheme and philosophy UM's Rb ran a lot better than I initially thought, I mean Homer had almost 1,000 yds rushing in that putrid offense. And for some reason I have extreme confidence in Jarren Williams, people talk about experience but experience is overrated and sometimes u just have to step up and considering the qb battle that Jarren just won I believe Jarren will step up.

Let’s be real, Feldman along with many other analysts analysis on this game is that uf is ranked #8 while Miami is unranked. They certainly haven’t looked deeply into the talent on Miami whatsoever

He doesn’t hate us. He’s just really horrible at analyzing personnel and matchups. He’s a good writer though.

Advertisement
Back