OL vs OL

You expect a national analyst to say Miami has the best TE tandem in the country? Will Mallory caught 5 passes last year. You think national writers are as delusional as our fans??

And for the record, I genuinely believe that these two CAN become the best tandem in the country. But come on. One of the guys caught 5 balls. You gotta have some perspective here. There was nothing lazy about the analysis, no national guy knows the talent here better than Feldman. It’s his opinion. You guys think Deejay Dallas is as good as Travis Etienne or D’Andre Swift? Stop being so sensitive. Sorry, Miami is in a “show me” state right now. Yes, we all blame Richt. But you still gotta prove that’s true.
Part of being a good analyst is having the ability to assess talent BEFORE it flourishes, not after. If they can’t see that our TE group is one of the best in the country just because Mallory didn’t catch 50 balls last year, then they’re ****** analysts.

Prior to last season, Kyler Murray was a short, disgruntled Locker room cancer who hadn’t done anything.

Advertisement
He doesn’t hate us. He’s just really horrible at analyzing personnel and matchups. He’s a good writer though.
Yea, he typically just compared the program to where we were at our peak, and understandably so, is tepid to offer strong praise based on that. He's definitely not an X and Os guy. He's an information gatherer and a writer.

You expect a national analyst to say Miami has the best TE tandem in the country? Will Mallory caught 5 passes last year. You think national writers are as delusional as our fans??

And for the record, I genuinely believe that these two CAN become the best tandem in the country. But come on. One of the guys caught 5 balls. You gotta have some perspective here. There was nothing lazy about the analysis, no national guy knows the talent here better than Feldman. It’s his opinion. You guys think Deejay Dallas is as good as Travis Etienne or D’Andre Swift? Stop being so sensitive. Sorry, Miami is in a “show me” state right now. Yes, we all blame Richt. But you still gotta prove that’s true.

Analysts judge talent all the time based off potential. Mallory Mallory has the pedigree and Brevin was a freshman AA.

Don’t really see the delusion.

That’s San Diego sir.
giphy.gif

Advertisement
We have a new offensive staff. We have talent but who knows how they will gel and pick up the scheme in the first game. For all we know some of yall might be calling for Enos head after the first quarter then proclaim him great after mid season. Chill out.
Our defense will put mad pressure on Franks. That I'm sure of. We must run the ball on offense. That my take

Miami is a team full of unknowns, especially on Offense. The defense has been average in every big game since the ND game, a lot of people saw the Winsc game that our board is all too happy in throwing aside as nothing, and the offense was barely Div I level the last time we saw it play. For the national media, even if this team is good we don’t figure to be in the mix for the CFP, so the pundits pretty much ignore our day to day and overlook the guys, that we follow and are hopeful for.

It’s not really an excuse, they are paid to be better than this, just the way I think they operate

That’s San Diego sir.
lmao. I believe that's diversity.

Seriously. I don't understand the 100% lean towards Florida in a game where the point spread is only 7 points. Take away the preseason ranking and look at roster vs roster, coaches vs coaches and strengths and weaknesses. This game is pretty evenly matched up. You have to give the small edge to Florida mostly because Miami is almost a complete unknown on offense. The really generic and lazy analysis, especially from Miami media is pretty pathetic.

Advertisement
Miami is a team full of unknowns, especially on Offense. The defense has been average in every big game since the ND game, a lot of people saw the Winsc game that our board is all too happy in throwing aside as nothing, and the offense was barely Div I level the last time we saw it play. For the national media, even if this team is good we don’t figure to be in the mix for the CFP, so the pundits pretty much ignore our day to day and overlook the guys, that we follow and are hopeful for.

It’s not really an excuse, they are paid to be better than this, just the way I think they operate

Huh?
The median number for FBS total defense in 2018 was just under 400 yards per game, so 400 yards surrendered would be "average".

LSU: 296 total yards
FSU: 200 total yards
VT: 335 total yards

Those were just our biggest name opponents last year. I left out the 8 other teams Miami held under 350 total yards of offense.

Even Wisconsin, which was a blowout, scored 35 point on only 406 yards of offense.

When your offense turns it over constantly, and your punting game is a straight up negative, it's impossible for a defense to keep the other team from scoring.

I personally think the analysts and some of these guys on ESPN just don't know UM as a team. For example, I'm watching college football live prediction of UM vs gaytors, and Desmond Howard says are secondary is full of 5'9/5'10 guys. Like wtf, that just shows you do not know ****, and not only does he think like that but others as well. Out of all our starters Bandy is the only one below 5'9 and im pretty sure every other starting DB is 6'1.

LlollllolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllkllllllllllllllololllllllllllllllllooooolllllllllooooooollllllllllllllllloollllllllllllllllllollllollllllllLllllllolllllllllollllllollllllolllllllllllollllllllllllllllllllllloollllllllllllloooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,lll

Huh?
The median number for FBS total defense in 2018 was just under 400 yards per game, so 400 yards surrendered would be "average".

LSU: 296 total yards
FSU: 200 total yards
VT: 335 total yards

Those were just our biggest name opponents last year. I left out the 8 other teams Miami held under 350 total yards of offense.

Even Wisconsin, which was a blowout, scored 35 point on only 406 yards of offense.

When your offense turns it over constantly, and your punting game is a straight up negative, it's impossible for a defense to keep the other team from scoring.
Were you happy with the way the defense played against LSU? That was mediocre at best.
The other two teams you mentioned didn't even made a bowl game.

Advertisement
Were you happy with the way the defense played against LSU? That was mediocre at best.
The other two teams you mentioned didn't even made a bowl game.
If they hold every team they play under 300 yards, they should win every single game and would be the top defense in the nation.

I personally think the analysts and some of these guys on ESPN just don't know UM as a team. For example, I'm watching college football live prediction of UM vs gaytors, and Desmond Howard says are secondary is full of 5'9/5'10 guys. Like wtf, that just shows you do not know ****, and not only does he think like that but others as well. Out of all our starters Bandy is the only one below 5'9 and im pretty sure every other starting DB is 6'1.
This is what the gator fans have been chirping about all off season too. They're of the belief that we're somehow "undersized". Bandy is our only sub 6' DB and he's our best DB.

Advertisement
Back