OL Takaylen Muex commits to Miami

View as article
Jeff Stoutland says hi…
Not sure Nick Saban concurs with that one. Didn't Saban run Stoutland off to the NFL by not giving him a raise after Bama won back to back titles? Of course if I was Stoutland I'd wear that one with pride. He has done well in Philly.

I thought Stoutland was an excellent OL coach and one of the best position coaches to come through Miami since Butch left.

Advertisement
Not sure Nick Saban concurs with that one. Didn't Saban run Stoutland off to the NFL by not giving him a raise after Bama won back to back titles? Of course if I was Stoutland I'd wear that one with pride. He has done well in Philly.

I thought Stoutland was an excellent OL coach and one of the best position coaches to come through Miami since Butch left.
Lulz, that is one way to spin it, Saban ran him off to the NFL. Anyway you cut it or spin, Jeff Stoutland is the best OL coach Saban ever had as he is a top 2 OL coach in the sport period along with Callahan. Mario is a great OL coach but let’s keep it a buck.

Big & Nasty, bring em on…
Big Pause! No Diddy!
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the button

Advertisement
Just curious what does in the 2 deep prove?
It proves nothing in real life. I am simply responding to @MiGonzCane statement "For me development is when that supporting cast get into the rotation."

He is attempting to say the offensive line recruits are not being developed because they are not in the two deep and that's simply not true. According to his login and the spring depth chart Mario and Mirabal have a 71% hit rate with 5 out of the 7 offensive lineman, signed in the 22 & 23 class, being in the 2 deep.

Advertisement
Some of you actually push me to a point where there’s a small bright side if we fail this season. Y’all are gonna be out of excuses. That’s all I’ll have to look forward to in CFB if this season sucks… the CoRchibalists receding back into their flower beds or being raked and dragged like weeds.

Nah, you don't want that my friend; We'll win and you can tell me "I told you so, the roster is good enough that even Mario can win". I won't mind.

I'll always be fine with a physically massive OL take who's a bit under the radar. We've been burnt for years with guys who are like 6'5" 260 lb projects. I'm also apt to trust the Mario/Mirabal duo who've been cranking out dominant OLines for a number of years now. I can't really count the desperation portal takes against them. They are a product of former staff's failures.
More like 6 1 270 280 and slow dbs and lbs. You can criticize Mario's gameday coaching but that man has a butch Davis eye for talent. If we could just win a lot of games in a few years this thing could be on autopilot.

More like 6 1 270 280 and slow dbs and lbs. You can criticize Mario's gameday coaching but that man has a butch Davis eye for talent. If we could just win a lot of games in a few years this thing could be on autopilot.
We’ve had a lot of misses in the portal as far as how players turned out. Some good ones too but more misses than I expected. IMO, FSU has done a better overall job identifying guys in the portal who succeed there.

It proves nothing in real life. I am simply responding to @MiGonzCane statement "For me development is when that supporting cast get into the rotation."

He is attempting to say the offensive line recruits are not being developed because they are not in the two deep and that's simply not true. According to his login and the spring depth chart Mario and Mirabal have a 71% hit rate with 5 out of the 7 offensive lineman, signed in the 22 & 23 class, being in the 2 deep.

Question, big dawg.

What if getting in the rotation is nothing more b/c there r no other options? Like for instance, if a guy is starting at LG b/c has a poor QB Pressure or Run Block rating, but the guy behind him proved to be worst, would u consider that a successful development? Honest ?, b/c I think our definitions looks different.

Advertisement
We’ve had a lot of misses in the portal as far as how players turned out. Some good ones too but more misses than I expected. IMO, FSU has done a better overall job identifying guys in the portal who succeed there.
I don't know how they will look this year dj isn't a good QB. You have to have a good QB to compete. Gone are the days of getting by at QB. If some of our young guys perform we should be straight. 10 wins minimum. I think after this upcoming class we will not need to utilize the portal as much. I could see us getting another QB in the portal next year but I don't know if we will need double digit guys from the portal.

Question, big dawg.

What if getting in the rotation is nothing more b/c there r no other options? Like for instance, if a guy is starting at LG b/c has a poor QB Pressure or Run Block rating, but the guy behind him proved to be worst, would u consider that a successful development? Honest ?, b/c I think our definitions looks different.
Again I am simply responding to @MiGonzCane “definition” of development. As he stated a player must be “in the rotation” to determine if he has been developed.

I personally do not believe this because there are just so many ways to define the development of a player.

There is a limited number of offensive lineman on a roster so by default someone has to be in the 2 deep regardless of true talent or development. The only true evidence that shows development is performance in practice or game. There is a talent level that each player has when he arrives on campus and then there is the level of talent that player showed as an actually college football player.

There will be no true way to determine if these coaches are developing these lineman until we have seen them in a real game situation.

I believe what makes this conversation difficult is there is no actual baseline of what “true development” mean. Is becoming a solid contribution considered good development? Does a player have to be an All Conference player to determine if he has been developed? Does draft selection and NFL performance determines proper development? It’s just a very loaded question to ask of 7 total players with 5 of them just now finishing their FRESHMAN year in college.

I don't know how they will look this year dj isn't a good QB. You have to have a good QB to compete. Gone are the days of getting by at QB. If some of our young guys perform we should be straight. 10 wins minimum. I think after this upcoming class we will not need to utilize the portal as much. I could see us getting another QB in the portal next year but I don't know if we will need double digit guys from the portal.
I agree with a lot of this but I think the portal is more important than I originally thought. I originally thought it was for a piece or two here and there but it’s more than that. Guys don’t stick around to develop like before. They want to get paid and play.

Advertisement
According to Flo staff was very excited they got this guy! Dude is 6'4 340 an athletic. If I don't trust Mario an Mirabel with anything else I trust there oline evals! Look how they have turned the Oline around. This dude isn't a sloppy 340 either I didn't mind takin chances on kids like this. Finally have some monsters in the trenches hopefully this kid is another one!

Advertisement
Back