OL Nino Francavilla commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Interesting discussion about this young man and his size. Here's an interesting fact for you guys from an old timer. When he played for the Canes he was 6 Ft - 2 In and weighed 255 Lbs. His name.......JIm Otto!

And the Dlinemen were 250.

Always bet on intelligence.

Kid has good size for center at 6'3.5, 285lb. I don't hate it considering this is a down class and we missed on a couple of targets for the Center spot.
If it was a different spot on OL I would be concerned but center needs to be smart first but this kid also has good measurables he will be 305 easily next year ready to roll. Bow just go get EPL at g

Advertisement
Welcome to the U, Nino!

View attachment 248844
Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1

Advertisement
Was it me, or were there a lot of high snaps in his highlights?

On a positive note, he looked surprisingly athletic and seems to really look for work after completing his initial assignment. Both good traits for a center.
Don’t know how much if any Center he’s played in HS. He was committed to Harvard as a DT which would explain his athleticism and his high snaps which should easily be corrected.

Advertisement
Some of you like to troll but cant take it. Its trolling season. Buckle up. We need a Center, we got a Center. The last one we were after was also a 3 star and Bama took him.

Advertisement
As much as I get chasing the big names at the O-Line, I don't really want to remind people about the ratings that Wisconsin and Iowa have for most of their O-Line recruits.

People would get really ****ed at me. I mean, there is no point in saying that Tyler Biadasz was a three-star Strongside-DE coming out of HS and is now a Pro Bowl C for the Cowboys.

There is another way of recruiting O-Line contrary to the popular way. Wisconsin loves to take undersized recruits with good movement skills (whats up, Zion), redshirts them for one season to make them just lift heavy *** weight and eat Bison and then, by year 3, they pancake guys making way for Jonathan Taylor.

I have absolutely no basis to **** on O-Line-recruiting and evals when Mirabal and Cristobal are the ones doing it.

Centers are always underrated. A no star center is equal to a 3 star OT. He will definitely get a bump to at least a 2 star but probably a 3 star.

Regardless, welcome to the U and **** all you ******** for hating on a new commit. I hope he balls the **** out. He is obviously a reach based upon stars but OL is the least of our worries and we have plenty of others!

As much as I get chasing the big names at the O-Line, I don't really want to remind people about the ratings that Wisconsin and Iowa have for most of their O-Line recruits.

People would get really ****ed at me. I mean, there is no point in saying that Tyler Biadasz was a three-star Strongside-DE coming out of HS and is now a Pro Bowl C for the Cowboys.

There is another way of recruiting O-Line contrary to the popular way. Wisconsin loves to take undersized recruits with good movement skills (whats up, Zion), redshirts them for one season to make them just lift heavy *** weight and eat Bison and then, by year 3, they pancake guys making way for Jonathan Taylor.

I have absolutely no basis to **** on O-Line-recruiting and evals when Mirabal and Cristobal are the ones doing it.
OL is all about traits and size idc about *s. This kid is smart and does have the size and weight for center idk about movement didn’t watch the tape

Advertisement
Back