OL guru's, please help me understand.

AutoCANE

My name is my name.
Premium
Why is Washington still at left tackle? Is this really our best 5 (Washington / Gunn / Horn / Linder / Henderson)? What am I missing here, because Washington just seems so much more natural at guard. A lot of people (myself included) seem to think we should slide Henderson over to LT, plug in Feliciano back at RT with the first team, and bring Washington back inside to guard, presumably back at RG and either move Linder to LG or he would be first in off the bench. Obviously the staff feels differently.

I'm not an expert at O-Line play by any means...but what does the staff see out of the current first team OL that I am not seeing?

Advertisement
Bc Washington is our best LT.

Until someone else steps up and takes the LT spot from him, he wont be at Guard.

This reminded me that someone needs to tell the poster "gogeta" to get over here. He was a former OL and an insightful poster.

This reminded me that someone needs to tell the poster "gogeta" to get over here. He was a former OL and an insightful poster.

Yup. I mentioned that to DMoney the other day. Gogeta adds an element to the board that most can't.

Advertisement
I do think its best like that... B Wash played well last game and honestly him playing tackle is helping his draft stock. Hendrson is a mauler and best at RT for now...

I played OL, was a college All American and hit a few NFL camps. Not saying I am a Guru, but I know a lil

I do think its best like that... B Wash played well last game and honestly him playing tackle is helping his draft stock. Hendrson is a mauler and best at RT for now...

I played OL, was a college All American and hit a few NFL camps. Not saying I am a Guru, but I know a lil

Where did you play?

Where did you play?

I agree that SH is best at RT for the time being, I don't think he's in optimal shape yet and I wouldn't any lapses in pass protection coming from the blind side. I feel like BW has played well at LT just has dominated like he can at G, but who would take his place at LT? And then who goes to the bench, Gunn or Linder?

Advertisement

Where did you play?

I agree that SH is best at RT for the time being, I don't think he's in optimal shape yet and I wouldn't any lapses in pass protection coming from the blind side. I feel like BW has played well at LT just has dominated like he can at G, but who would take his place at LT? And then who goes to the bench, Gunn or Linder?

IMO tackle is more important than guard, so B Wash at tackle is most beneficial to our O... I think Seantrel needs to bust his *** this offseason and ball out at LT next year and be a top 5 pic.

I like the way Gunn has played this year so I would say Linder to the bench but there is no replacement at LT right now.

next year i fully expect Seantrel to have that lt spot locked in....SH has nice feet and when he locks on look out......

But the MONGO kid has really excited me at RT..and i thought he was a guard all the way....

On this year's line i think Horn and Linder has been worse than B-Wash at Tackle..Horn gets no push on the line...and Linder has been getting stalemated and missed a few times inside....pass pro has been slid....but imo B-Wash at guard is real good...but were not comfrtable with ANYONE else at LT.

Advertisement
Back