OL Ereck Flowers says he's shutting down his recruitment.

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Miami Norland High School OL Ereck Flowers says he's shutting down his recruitment.

Where he once was thinking about taking some visits with teammates Duke Johnson and Keith Brown - who are also Cane commitments - he's now decided not to.

"I was conspiring to take some visits, but I decided why waste my time?" Flowers said.

Flowers says he's on track to graduate early and arrive at Miami this January. Brown is also on track to do the same.

But, whereas Flowers is solid, Brown remains a soft commitment.

"I talk to him about Miami, but he's going to go where he wants to go," Flowers said.

Flowers said that "a lot of schools" wanted him to take official visits. But he's just comfortable as a Cane.

"I have a great relationship with Miami coaches - I talk with coach (George) McDonald and also coach (Al) Golden every once in a while," Flowers said. "They talk about me coming in early, just different things about the program."

Flowers has helped his team to a 9-0 record while playing left tackle.

"I'll be a tackle at Miami," he said.

Of his prediction for Saturday's game at FSU, Flowers said, "I like Miami to pull through. I think it'll be a close game, though."

Advertisement
SO his trip to Penn State is officially cancelled?

I guess that speaks volumes about him......

Advertisement
I hope we get Brown also but I like this kid knows what he wants and that is to be a CANE...

Great news we need more kids like this..
Him and SH on the line equals beast mode for our backs..

Great to hear. Flowers looks to be a stud for us on the O-line in the future. Amazing how when we first signed him he was un-ranked, and now is a 4-star. IMO, that shows how good the kid is. Once the scouts found out about him and watched him because of his commitment to Miami he took a huge leap in the rankings. My guess he will rise even more before the final rankings are out.

Advertisement
I think that also says a lot about our coaches evaluations. They saw, they liked, they offered, and now he's suddenly a four-star.

Truth is, he was a four or five star the whole time.

Just hadn't been awarded his 'stars'.

He will be a stud, his attitude and mean streak are the truth... Boy needs to get the feet up to speed tho

14.gif

Advertisement
Has grown to be the best O linemen in the state and one of the best in the South East tireless worker.

Has grown to be the best O linemen in the state and one of the best in the South East tireless worker.

I honestly like him much more than Theus and Avery Young. Neither have the mean streak that Flowers or even Isadora have. Young is a great athlete but overrated IMO and Theus has been overrated from the beginning. Never been a fan.

Advertisement

I honestly like him much more than Theus and Avery Young. Neither have the mean streak that Flowers or even Isadora have. Young is a great athlete but overrated IMO and Theus has been overrated from the beginning. Never been a fan.

You're definitely not alone there. It seems to be some growing trend amongst people that have seen all those kids to say that Flowers might be the best of the bunch. I stated a while back I thought he could end up a 5 star kid because the hype is spreading nationwide and that's just as important as anything when it comes to rankings.

You're definitely not alone there. It seems to be some growing trend amongst people that have seen all those kids to say that Flowers might be the best of the bunch. I stated a while back I thought he could end up a 5 star kid because the hype is spreading nationwide and that's just as important as anything when it comes to rankings.

Young is a classic example of the athletic OL that blows people away at camps because of what an athlete he is and thus gets a super high ranking. Honestly, I want all my lineman to be badasses like Seantrel, B-Wash and Feliciano. Kehoe gets knocked around for his recruiting, but Flowers is going to be a stud, awesome find by this staff.

Advertisement
Back