2024 OL/DL Eddy Pierre-louis as a Miami Recruit

Does this inadvertently mean Ahfua isn’t going as well as we hoped, or are they independent of one another? Genuinely curious.

I know Ahfua could play anywhere on the interior, but thought of him as a potential center prospect as well. Obviously snagging both would be phenomenal.
Apparently he's not close to committing. I think he's going to take additional visits later on.

Advertisement
I get the feeling we liked Ionota better as an interior guy and possible center…And honestly thought we had him in the bag.

The only thing I can think of with EPL is maybe arm length or thoughts he is maxed out?

Either that or we just aren't willing to put NIL into IOL guys and he was getting better elsewhere, because it was literally like a night/day switch that the interest seemed to die down.

I get the feeling we liked Ionota better as an interior guy and possible center…And honestly thought we had him in the bag.

The only thing I can think of with EPL is maybe arm length or thoughts he is maxed out?

Either that or we just aren't willing to put NIL into IOL guys and he was getting better elsewhere, because it was literally like a night/day switch that the interest seemed to die down.

For Better or Worse inner city bigs carry a ton of bad weight & with it comes a ton of bad habits that often can be overcome, but might not be worth the trouble if measureables + athleticism are not off the charts.

I don’t know the exact deal here, but it’s a well documented pattern down here at least.

Always pull for local kids except if they choose to go in the abyss’ up north.

Advertisement
Does this inadvertently mean Ahfua isn’t going as well as we hoped, or are they independent of one another? Genuinely curious.

I know Ahfua could play anywhere on the interior, but thought of him as a potential center prospect as well. Obviously snagging both would be phenomenal.
They’re independent of one another. We are recruiting Ahfua as a OG

From the 7/20 Bank (podcast and eventually YouTube)
  • Lot of speed and very athletic
  • Perception is we whiffed and picked up communication but he's always been high on the board.
  • Miami likes him at both G and C
7/19 Bank (Text edition)

- OL Eddy Pierre-Louis (Tampa) is showing renewed interest in the program. Contrary to some speculation, this is not a situation where Miami is circling back after losing some centers. Pierre-Louis has always been sky-high on Miami's board and the original plan was to play him at guard next to C Joe Ionata, who committed to Alabama. Miami would love to get traction with Pierre-Louis and feel he could play either C or OG.

We need EPL in this class. Get him in, figure the rest out later. IDK about him at center, but at this point, I don't care. He raises the quality of talent in the room.

Him and Ionata I thought were a package deal, they visited together, are close friends etc.. I wonder if Saban's curve ball w/Ionata was the primary reason this recruitment hit a road bump? I didn't even think of him as a C until that talk popped up recently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
not only that but a plus athlete. Seems to be underrated unless he's shorter than listed?
Most have him between 6'3-6'4. 80 inch wingspan negates any height issue. He's a lean & mean 330 lbs. Strong as an ox. 26 reps of 225 in June of last year.

lfqttfiudvccbxrcufz1

6'4" | 333 LBS | OG | 2024
TAMPA CATHOLIC

Eddy Pierre-Louis

You can be sure of one thing as the 2024 rankings update gets closer - Eddy Pierre-Louis will see a significant rise. We’ve already written extensively about how impressive his performance on Friday was and he still has areas of his game to improve. Pierre-Louis measured in at 6-foot-4 with an 80-inch wingspan and showed out outstanding strength winning the bench press competition with 26 reps of 225-pounds. He has room to fill out his frame more despite tipping the scales at what looked like a fairly lean 327lbs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back