2024 OL Board (2024 Edition)

Ionata news is disheartening, but it's clear this kid was dying for the Bama offer. Not sure what else can be done for a recruit like that.
Plazz seems like more of a "miss".
Daniels not visiting sucks. Large human from a strong program.
Zandamela with no OV scheduled to us and a commit date in July is looking like a miss. He could have been a solid future C prospect.
Baker seems like he is staying put out west as a USC/Oregon battle.
Liam Andrews is a 4* OT who somewhat recently put out a top 8 and is starting to take June visits. FU, Wisconsin, and PSU, but none set here (at least not yet).
Pierre-Lewis at IOL only recently put out a top 10 and set a couple visits, so hopefully there is still time on that one.
Seaton is another 4* OT with high-end P5 interest. Seems like there is still time on this one. Hopefully the IMG pipeline helps here.
Ahfua is a stud and we appear to really be in that recruitment. He's looked at as an IOL, so the Francis/Samson "fear factor" shouldn't matter.
Hylton may not have the stars but FU, FSU, and PSU are all seriously recruiting him alongside UM.
[BGCOLOR=initial]Tuerk seems like a total evaluation from the staff, since most schools recruiting him are doing so at DL. Gotta trust the staff on this one.[/BGCOLOR]
Zuri Madison is another one of those evals/late riser types. Visiting WV, Ark, and UM in that order this month.
Minaya is in the boat, though he's probably viewed as more of a developmental guy.

I trust the staff evals at OL more than any other position, and it looks like we may need to lean on them this cycle considering the way some of these names appear to be coming off the board.

Advertisement
@No_Fly_Zone, looking like Kavion Broussard may soon be added to your monitor list. I suspect the list will continue to grow after spring evals and misses on priority targets.

I think you are spot on. I saw the Broussard update just after I posted and had a similar thought. It shows the staff treats evaluations as a recursive process and will keep evaluating and moving names on/off their board as things change. Again, never good to see priority targets commit elsewhere, but at least this staff tends to keep grinding, show flexibility, have contingencies in place.

Again, never good to see priority targets commit elsewhere, but at least this staff tends to keep grinding, show flexibility, have contingencies in place.

Exactly, this isn't a panic move after whiffing on the priority OLs. Obviously, you'd rather hit on your first priorities, but this is why you cast a wide net in Jan->April. You've already established a relationship and not offering a plan C option at the last second.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We'll scrap a nice oline class together. I thought Kisler & Frankie were absolute steals. I think Juan Minaya could be in the same mold. 6'6" 335 multi sport kid playing pretty good comp. I'll take guys like that all day.
I wouldn't call Kinsler a steal. I would call that First Degree Grand Larceny. His film shows a powerful mauler with the feet, balance and athleticism to potentially play Left Tackle. He will need to work hard and be developed but he does possess that type of rare talent. Just my personal opinion.

Advertisement
From @Geo305 recruiting space

OTs
  • OT class this year is weak
  • Brandon Baker may be an OG
  • Liam Andrews Miami still working
  • He's hearing that Samson and Francis may be hurting the OT recruiting
  • Miami concerned about depth

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back