OL Alex Gall commits

Advertisement
Not in love with this pickup. Didn't seem like many of the oline schools in his region really wanted him.

Also, Wisconsin showed interest, but they never offered him. If they had offered, he'd probably be heading there.

They better work some miracles with his foot speed, because this kid doesn't stand a chance in **** going up against most of the athletic defensive lineman in the south.

Btw., I like this commitment. OL are hard to evaluate, no doubt. I'm not caught up in whether he was getting recruited hard to go to OSU*. He seems like a very solid prospect, good strength numbers, etc. His coach likes him. And Cincinatti Moeller is one of the top schools year in and year out in the country. Getting a good OL from there will help with future recruiting IMO. Not only at that school but with midwestern kids. Gall seems to really love UM, also. AG realizes that part of getting back to the old ways is figuring out how to sell the school to kids from other areas who see Miami as offering a lot of great things beyond just football. It's very doable, and I think he's starting to get it done.

Less than stellar offer sheet. Good sized kid. Did he camp with UM? Looks like a Big Al recruit.

Commits to UM from Moeller high??? Kids got Gall. :)

Advertisement
from 24/7 article

“The way they’re taking this program is awesome and they’re doing it the right way,” Gall said. “Everything that I saw and heard just blew me away. I knew immediately when I got down here that this is where I want to be.”

also said he commited to Golden in his office and got a big hug then Al walked him to the meeting room where the other coaches were and announced it to the staff. He said “He introduced me as the newest Cane and the whole staff felt the same way as Coach Golden"

cool stuff

Not in love with this pickup. Didn't seem like many of the oline schools in his region really wanted him.

Also, Wisconsin showed interest, but they never offered him. If they had offered, he'd probably be heading there.

They better work some miracles with his foot speed, because this kid doesn't stand a chance in **** going up against most of the athletic defensive lineman in the south.
Kid plays against good competition at a good school in a good conference. BC has offered and their OLs in recent years hasn't been too shabby. Him and Isidora are the future inside maulers.

Great pick up at a need position. Plus, establishing a Canes presence in Ohio isnt a bad thing.

Advertisement

Kid plays against good competition at a good school in a good conference. BC has offered and their OLs in recent years hasn't been too shabby. Him and Isidora are the future inside maulers.

Great pick up at a need position. Plus, establishing a Canes presence in Ohio isnt a bad thing.

Kid reminds me of Andrew Bain, Alex Pou, and Derrick Morse. That's not a good thing.

How does he remind you of those former players?

Kid reminds me of Andrew Bain, Alex Pou, and Derrick Morse. That's not a good thing.

Because he's big, strong, and has slow feet. This is what our oline slowly devolved into during Kehoe's last tenure. A bunch of maulers with absolutely no agility, no speed, and no finesse. We'd do ok until we played a defense with legit speed and they'd run right around us. Gall is the kind of player Kehoe loves, big and slow. That's my biggest concern, because the last time Kehoe stocked the oline with his guys we got Tyler McTurnstile and FSU sacking us a dozen times.

How does he remind you of those former players?

Advertisement
I'm not sure Kehoe gets to pick OL on his own. Im pretty sure OL recruiting and evaluation is done by committee. Iwill say the lack of offers from the top programs in area is a concern.

I like this kid. He looks to be a technician. Great base in both the run game and pass pro. I disagree with the slow feet comment. I believe that is part of the technique he is taught. Often times you see HS linemen taking big choppy steps. Alot of coaches have evolved into the theory of keeping your feet in the ground as much as possible. He is very aggressive and has some decent speed when pulling. Definitely a future guard.

I was told that he was downright bad at the Michigan State camp this past weekend.

His tape does look solid however. I most or less agree with the majority of Courcy's last post. He's not a high end talent but he's a safe bet to contribute. He's advanced in his technique and knowledge of the game.

He looks like someone that will have a Tyler Horn type of career. Bench warmer for a few years before taking over on the interior and starting for a couple years without much fanfare but all the while being steady and dependable.

Nothing wrong with a guy like that.

Advertisement
I was told that he was downright bad at the Michigan State camp this past weekend.

His tape does look solid however. I most or less agree with the majority of Courcy's last post. He's not a high end talent but he's a safe bet to contribute. He's advanced in his technique and knowledge of the game.

He looks like someone that will have a Tyler Horn type of career. Bench warmer for a few years before taking over on the interior and starting for a couple years without much fanfare but all the while being steady and dependable.

The problem is that we cant wait that long. We lose a ton of kids by the end of 2013. That means we're gonna need this kid to contribute or even start in his second year, not his fourth or fifth year. Our OG depth chart in 2014 is Isidora, Hunter Wells, and Feliciano. That's it. All the kids we take this year are going to need to be good enough to play in 2014.

The problem is that we cant wait that long. We lose a ton of kids by the end of 2013. That means we're gonna need this kid to contribute or even start in his second year, not his fourth or fifth year. Our OG depth chart in 2014 is Isidora, Hunter Wells, and Feliciano. That's it. All the kids we take this year are going to need to be good enough to play in 2014.

That's completely unrealistic to expect every kid you take to come in and start or play right away.

He still isnt 7 foot and 380 like wisconsins O lineman.

Hahaha I cant remember who said that **** and truely believed they were all 6 foot 8 and bigger.

Advertisement
Back