Oklahoma at Baylor

Advertisement
He wouldn't be winning at the same clip nor putting up the stats at the same clip as he is at OK is my point. I don't think he'd be all that much different than Kelly Braynt at Missou.
Well you could make that argument for any QB that plays on a talented team...

How good would Justin Herbert or Trevor Lawrence look not surrounded by the talent they have & an elite OL protecting them? Put Trevor Lawrence on Kentucky, is he leading them to a Natty as a True Freshman?

You think Joe Burrow would be 2nd in the nation in passing yards without playing behind LSU's NFL caliber OL, throwing to multiple 4/5-star WR's, with multiple 4/5-star RB's for support & Joe Brady's Offense as well?

That's an extreme over exaggeration lol.

This is college Football, the majority of Offenses around the nation are Spread teams & quite a few of them have Air Raid style passing schemes that are similar to Oklahoma's.

You think a Running QB wouldn't work in most Offenses in College Football??? Really? Lol... There's like several dozens years of history that proves that not to be true.

Maybe he wouldn't operate the best in a traditional Pro Style offense, but an Uptempo Spread that's heavy on RPO is exactly what he thrives at, hence why he's excelled significantly more at Oklahoma than he did at Bama & he wasn't all that bad at Bama either.

I’ve never even looked at the stats, but I know the difference between his first year at quarterback at Bama and his last year at Bama was night and day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
About 2-3 years ago Hurts looked to me like a decent bull running back with decent speed and a crappy inaccurate arm with not great QB skills.

Since then, his improvement in his quarterbacking skills has been extraordinary compared to where he started.

He is a testament to hard work, improving your skills, good coaching, but mostly his own self motivation and tremendous work ethic. He has also really honed his leadership skills.

I don’t know why anyone would want to bag on this kid.

There was a big game last year that he came in after Tua got hurt (SEC Champ or Playoff). He was throwing darts. Obviously the kid got benched and decided to work his *** off. I will always root for a kid like that until he faces us

Well you could make that argument for any QB that plays on a talented team...

How good would Justin Herbert or Trevor Lawrence look not surrounded by the talent they have & an elite OL protecting them? Put Trevor Lawrence on Kentucky, is he leading them to a Natty as a True Freshman?

You think Joe Burrow would be 2nd in the nation in passing yards without playing behind LSU's NFL caliber OL, throwing to multiple 4/5-star WR's, with multiple 4/5-star RB's for support & Joe Brady's Offense as well?
It ends up being an untenable position. Nobody is worth ****. We see this with coaches all the time, eventually you get people making posts that Urban Meyer isn’t even that good of a coach. No accomplishment is even remotely impressive, no stat, nothing.

Jalen Hurts final stat line - 30/42 297yds 4TD's & 1INT at 71.4%cmp, to go with 27 carries & 114yds rushing.

If that's not good then just shoot me now, because I'll take that all day everyday if one our QB's ever did something like that in the last 10 got damned years of this program.

Change site name to boogers in sight.

This thread aged well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back