Oklahoma at Baylor

Advertisement
Jalen Hurts final stat line - 30/42 297yds 4TD's & 1INT at 71.4%cmp, to go with 27 carries & 114yds rushing.

If that's not good then just shoot me now, because I'll take that all day everyday if one our QB's ever did something like that in the last 10 got damned years of this program.

That pos just won again. Betcha Saban miss that **** right about now. Dont understand how anyone can badmouth this kid when he hardly even speaks?...
For a guy whose screen name is Tates Dutyhole you sure do seem to take things personally. If you think I attacked his character get over it. I was talking about his play. He's a mediocre QB who has a world class offensive mastermind creating plays to suit his RB talents.

And yes, way to go out on a limb... you just may be right on Saban preferring on having a national championship winning senior QB as a backup.

Advertisement
Jalen Hurts final stat line - 30/42 297yds 4TD's & 1INT at 71.4%cmp, to go with 27 carries & 114yds rushing.

If that's not good then just shoot me now, because I'll take that all day everyday if one our QB's ever did something like that in the last 10 got damned years of this program.
Did you watch the game? That passing stat line is in no way indicative of his passing abilities. Woudl love to know how many passes of his actually were in the air for 20+ yards.

Lincoln Riley is an offensive mastermind and has MAJOR weapons at Oklahoma. At this point I'd like to see what QB he couldn't do that with.

Did you watch the game? That passing stat line is in no way indicative of his passing abilities. Woudl love to know how many passes of his actually were in the air for 20+ yards.

Lincoln Riley is an offensive mastermind and has MAJOR weapons at Oklahoma. At this point I'd like to see what QB he couldn't do that with.
Obviously I watched the game & who gives AF about what his perceived passing abilities are if he made the plays necessary to win the game??

Of course Lincoln Riley is an offensive guru, literally one of the best, if the best in the country, but Oklahoma didn't even have their best WR Ceedee Lamb playing tonight & still managed to make a 31 point comeback.

I don't get the hatred of Hurts, all the kid does is win & play in the system he's in, I'm not sure what else he's supposed to do?

20 yards in the air? How many QB's are doing that these days? People love to bag on the short passing game here, but guess what, that's modern day football.

Guy tosses it 10 times, makes 7.x accurate throws. Again, modern football. It takes accuracy to make those throws and sure, the system helps. You still have to make the throw and we had know nothings here saying he can't pass for how long?

When Enos was hired, main thing they talked about was how Hurts had improved. So what gives here and why won't some give credit where it's due? Good young man with game.

Advertisement
Obviously I watched the game & who gives AF about what his perceived passing abilities are if he made the plays necessary to win the game??

Of course Lincoln Riley is an offensive guru, literally one of the best, if the best in the country, but Oklahoma didn't even have their best WR Ceedee Lamb playing tonight & still managed to make a 31 point comeback.

I don't get the hatred of Hurts, all the kid does is win & play in the system he's in, I'm not sure what else he's supposed to do?
I just don't think Hurts's game is at all translatable to 99% of offenses in the nation.

If all he's gotta do is run behind a world class OL and throw bubble screens all day -- he's your guy, but if he's gotta actually be a QB and beat you I wouldn't like your chances all that much.

I just don't think Hurts's game is at all translatable to 99% of offenses in the nation.

If all he's gotta do is run behind a world class OL and throw bubble screens all day -- he's your guy, but if he's gotta actually be a QB and beat you I wouldn't like your chances all that much.

I’m just glad Saban doesn’t have him to plug in right now.

I sure would've liked our chances had he come here in a couple of our losses. No disrespect to our QB's, they got time, but none of them are where Hurts is now as a dual threat QB.

Advertisement
I sure would've liked our chances had he come here in a couple of our losses. No disrespect to our QB's, they got time, but none of them are where Hurts is now as a dual threat QB.
Not even Jalen Hurts can get away with 3 first time starters on an OL. I don't think it would've been that much different.

If Jarren doesn't get hurt we'd be in the ACCCG and not even having this discussion.

About 2-3 years ago Hurts looked to me like a decent bull running back with decent speed and a crappy inaccurate arm with not great QB skills.

Since then, his improvement in his quarterbacking skills has been extraordinary compared to where he started.

He is a testament to hard work, improving your skills, good coaching, but mostly his own self motivation and tremendous work ethic. He has also really honed his leadership skills.

I don’t know why anyone would want to bag on this kid.

Not even Jalen Hurts can get away with 3 first time starters on an OL. I don't think it would've been that much different.

If Jarren doesn't get hurt we'd be in the ACCCG and not even having this discussion.

Jarren was part of the problem in a big way in two of those losses, so that's bs.

Held onto the ball way too long and by rights, shouldn't have had his first action against UF. Did you forget his stellar outing with 3 INT's? I know I didn't, one game doesn't erase that. It is what it is, he young and green, so mistakes will happen. Saying a vet like Hurts wouldn't have made a difference, that's assinine.

Advertisement

That's an extreme over exaggeration lol.

This is college Football, the majority of Offenses around the nation are Spread teams & quite a few of them have Air Raid style passing schemes that are similar to Oklahoma's.

You think a Running QB wouldn't work in most Offenses in College Football??? Really? Lol... There's like several dozens years of history that proves that not to be true.

Maybe he wouldn't operate the best in a traditional Pro Style offense, but an Uptempo Spread that's heavy on RPO is exactly what he thrives at, hence why he's excelled significantly more at Oklahoma than he did at Bama & he wasn't all that bad at Bama either.

Jarren was part of the problem in a big way in two of those losses, so that's bs.

Held onto the ball way too long and by rights, shouldn't have had his first action against UF. Did you forget his stellar outing with 3 INT's? I know I didn't, one game doesn't erase that. It is what it is, he young and green, so mistakes will happen. Saying a vet like Hurts wouldn't have made a difference, that's assinine.
Considering Jarren has had what? 1 INT outside of the 3 INT Q against VT Imma go ahead and chalk that up to being injured like I said before.

We'll just have to disagree on Hurts. I think he would've struggled mightily against UF and our atrocious OL that day. And against UNC, moving the ball up and down the field wasn't the problem -- it was converting in the RZ. I wonder how much having a QB with mainly RB abilities behind a porous OL would've made a difference in the RZ department that day.

That's an extreme over exaggeration lol.

This is college Football, the majority of Offenses around the nation are Spread teams & quite a few of them have Air Raid style passing schemes that are similar to Oklahoma's.

You think a Running QB wouldn't work in most Offenses in College Football??? Really? Lol... There's like several dozens years of history that proves that not to be true.

Maybe he wouldn't operate the best in a traditional Pro Style offense, but an Uptempo Spread that's heavy on RPO is exactly what he thrives at, hence why he's excelled significantly more at Oklahoma than he did at Bama & he wasn't all that bad at Bama either.
He wouldn't be winning at the same clip nor putting up the stats at the same clip as he is at OK is my point. I don't think he'd be all that much different than Kelly Braynt at Missou.

Considering Jarren has had what? 1 INT outside of the 3 INT Q against VT Imma go ahead and chalk that up to being injured like I said before.

We'll just have to disagree on Hurts. I think he would've struggled mightily against UF and our atrocious OL that day. And against UNC, moving the ball up and down the field wasn't the problem -- it was converting in the RZ. I wonder how much having a QB with mainly RB abilities behind a porous OL would've made a difference in the RZ department that day.

JW should have another 3 or 4 INT's at this point, but has been fortunate easy INT's were dropped. He's young, but fortune has smiled on him some.

Just so we can get this straight, you don't think a player with Hurts ability on the ground would've helped against UF. He would've taken a hundred sacks like Jarren did? What alternate universe am I currently in? I can tell you one thing, UF's game plan would've been far different as they would've had to account for Hurts running the ball, something they didn't respect JW on.

Advertisement
Back