Oklahoma’s Offense

We not trying to win super bowls, Some take the nflu thing too far... Lol...

I dont care what system we run as long as it lights teams up on college level and has success on college level. We are soo tied to the bs pro style even USC has abandoned that crap at college level because for college game it has changed. The results are in, even saban himself has evolved. We sound like those triple option schools back in day that got stuck in past.

I Could argue how even NFL has taken from college spread and many of top teams benefited from it to great success (even the perennial top teams like patriots) but it doesnt matter. We are a college team that had an edge back in day and now we try to just line up and out talent teams with no results. We need to do better on offense and the top teams in college ball all show this. Lol at even bringing up what CC, NW, and central run, they get players from every other school and just line up. So much transfers in high school it dont make sense.

The Chiefs and Patriots are heavy into the spread. **** even Andy Reid uses RPO. We are so far behind the times it's not even funny.

Advertisement
OUs offense is a joy to watch. The movement upfront is what really gets me. Its **** near impossible for LBs to key in on plays because of the movement up front. Their O seems like a mix between chip Kelly's Oregon O and the air raid. Really **** impressed !

Everyone fallin in love with OUs offense but thats doesnt win games this time of year IMO. Lets see

It's because of that offense they are playing this time of year. If OU ran a pro style offense they wouldnt sniff the playoffs

Eventually, those high school spread QB's are going to college. Then, those guys are gonna go pro. This kind of stuff always goes uphill, not downhill. How many pro-style high school quarterbacks will there be in 10 years? Where are they gonna learn it? At Miami from John RIcht?

Advertisement
Eventually, those high school spread QB's are going to college. Then, those guys are gonna go pro. This kind of stuff always goes uphill, not downhill. How many pro-style high school quarterbacks will there be in 10 years? Where are they gonna learn it? At Miami from John RIcht?
There’s a fine line between the spread and pro style now. NFL teams are now running spread concepts. I think the last true successful pro style qb that was drafted is Andrew Luck.

RichtEmotional_crop_exact.jpg

Fans don't know football. I been doing the same thing for thirty years!
The girl in this picture is even tired of morks chit

There’s a fine line between the spread and pro style now. NFL teams are now running spread concepts. I think the last true successful pro style qb that was drafted is Andrew Luck.
Exactly. And what do Superbowl fans want anyway? A 9-7 game? No way. Points, Baby . . . Points.

Advertisement
The fact OU can even make it to playoffs with no defense is a tribute to their offense and shows its worth. You think if they ran our system they are where they are? We are ******* losing to UVA, Duke, etc. Nobodies in college football landscape with no threat to playoff contention.

Got to respect teams who find a way to get results, and that is a chance at championship. We arent even in that conversation. We can barely compete for the arguably worst division in the sport.

OU's offense matches the league they are in. The Big 12 is notorious for big offense and little to no defense. They are used to just outscoring their opponents in the Big 12.

It's because of that offense they are playing this time of year. If OU ran a pro style offense they wouldnt sniff the playoffs
I think they get bodied vs bama that D is too much for them, i think early OU can do things but defenses loaded with talent eventually wear u down

Advertisement
OU's offense matches the league they are in. The Big 12 is notorious for big offense and little to no defense. They are used to just outscoring their opponents in the Big 12.

What does this mean? Our offense match our league I guess too? **** offense for a **** league? We got to do better man, I cannot believe we made no changes after that season the offense just had. Not one?!

Advertisement
What does this mean? Our offense match our league I guess too? **** offense for a **** league? We got to do better man, I cannot believe we made no changes after that season the offense just had. Not one?!

It means they have built their team to match their conference. Score a ton and hope your defense makes a stop. That is the identity of the Big 12. The ACC doesn't have an identity. The SEC, Big 10 and PAC 12 do.

Do these identities always play out, no, but you can definitely name each conferences identity as it relates to football.

Advertisement
Back