OK, spoke today with Claude Jones...

Yeah, someone on this site noted Hamlet's achievements as an educator and now superintendent.
Pretty cool stuff.
Those JJ teams were great because they had kids who not only were physically talented, but were also blue-collar, hard-working
dudes....and I guess it translated for many of them off the field too.
By the way, whatever happened to Antonio Coley, the OLB from Miami American HS?
Remember the story about him surprising alot of folks in math at UM?

EDIT: Sounds like he's done well for himself.

http://www.i4biz.com/money-finance/tony-coley-of-bbt/

https://bbt.mediaroom.com/meet-our-community-bank-regional-presidents?item=32185

I met Coley years ago, he's instrumental in having the football alumni keep in touch, etc. Good guy...

Advertisement
I'm of the mindset that our DL is dominant and will be the toughest group our OL faces in the regular season. I would like to see them ultimately settle on a starting 5 and roll with it so they can build some cohesiveness sooner rather than later though.

Thanks for the info. Good stuff.

That gym(Dillard) was the tuffest to play in back in the day. Did they keep it or re-do it. Butch Ingrahm, great coach.
They updated the seating and some minor upgrades. Butch was a great coach and he also taught the weightlifting classes

Advertisement
Wait, no Hurricane even went to class no less got degrees! That only happens between showers at PSU. Under JJ, Miami was Thug U and then things really got bad inder Dennis, just ask President Foote. Canes were dispicable. How the heck this this thug get a Medical License?

Thanks for the post. People forget that JJ had a graduation rate over 70% while St Bobby at criminole U, had one under 20%. Lots of our guys graduated with Masters. I think Thrill Hill, the shootem up dude himself was one of them. Those kids were outstanding young men, for the most part. Thugs do not return to school repeatedly to support it like a family. Dr Jones is great example for kids to think about the old ways of staying 5 instead of three.

Yeah that RT spot is the key.
We know St Louis and Gauthier will be at LT and C respectively. And those are two of the more important spots on the OL. But that RT spot, someone gotta step the **** up. Personally I'm hoping for Donaldson to keep it. He's gunna have to drop some weight and improve his footwork this summer, but if he can win that starting RT job, I'm confident in the like 4 guys we got can play OG.

George Brown definitely isn't the answer at RT. And Hillery has been working at OG, so looks like he's not gunna be the answer at RT either. Its basically Donaldson or Herbert. And while it'd be awesome if Herbert stepped up this summer, I don't expect that. On the bright side, I'd expect run blocking to improve with Donaldson at RT.

Yeah, someone on this site noted Hamlet's achievements as an educator and now superintendent.
Pretty cool stuff.
Those JJ teams were great because they had kids who not only were physically talented, but were also blue-collar, hard-working
dudes....and I guess it translated for many of them off the field too.
By the way, whatever happened to Antonio Coley, the OLB from Miami American HS?
Remember the story about him surprising alot of folks in math at UM?

EDIT: Sounds like he's done well for himself.

http://www.i4biz.com/money-finance/tony-coley-of-bbt/

https://bbt.mediaroom.com/meet-our-community-bank-regional-presidents?item=32185

I took that JJ/UM football attitude into my own life. I love the "harder you work, the luckier you get" Jimmy's saying! We all know what EJ has done as far as giving back to the school, but he is up here in central florida doing some crazy good things. Tony is a beast.

Advertisement
Whatever struggles we have in 2018 will long be gone by 2019. Our OL will be unreal.

LT - Scaife, Brown, Tarquin
LG - Boulware, Hillery, Milo
C - Mahoney, Gaynor, Eguakan
RG - Donaldson, Reed, Dykstra
RT - Campbell, Herbert, Neal

Let's see how Donaldson looks at RT in summer camp after he has a few months to get comfortable and hopefully drop some weight. We don't need him to be an NFL starting caliber RT this year, just to be solid and move people in the run game

"Dr Jones loves our defense, says he isn't worried at all about that side of the ball."

That comment right here is what gives me some hope that our oline will get it together. Going against these guys in practice every day can't help but get you ready for the season and the potential Clemson's and FSU's of the world.

Advertisement
Back