Ok, just got back from the Chaminade-Serra game(Brad Kayaa).

Too bad this kid isn't an EE he'd have a legit chance of starting as a true freshman.

Advertisement
He had some great throws, had some solid anticipation on certain routes and he had a decent feel in the pocket.

He was off on his accuracy quite a bit, he did drop his eyes to look at the rush a few times and he missed on some deep throws last night. I'd say he's accurately rated as a prospect and is a great get. He's not a walk-in-the-door and start from day one type QB from my limited exposure to him in my mind though. Most QB's aren't- nor should they be.

Must not let myself get too excited. Must not let myself get too excited. Stay the course. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

**** I want this kid to be a Cane. This kid, Valentine, and Griffin are probably the three kids I want most to keep committed.. Cook is what I want most to add.

He had some great throws, had some solid anticipation on certain routes and he had a decent feel in the pocket.

He was off on his accuracy quite a bit, he did drop his eyes to look at the rush a few times and he missed on some deep throws last night. I'd say he's accurately rated as a prospect and is a great get. He's not a walk-in-the-door and start from day one type QB from my limited exposure to him in my mind though. Most QB's aren't- nor should they be.

Agree. I havent seen him live, but have read as much as I can on him, and watched every clip I can get my hands on. People are going WAY overboard on what they think he can do as a true Frosh. I dont think he's going to walk in here and start from day 1. This is a kid who would definitely benefit from a RS year, learning, developing, getting stronger, working on his mechanics, timing, getting a feel for the game at the next level. What's the most exciting about BK is his ceiling. The tools he has are phenomenal. Once he puts it all together, he has the ability to be something just amazing at QB. I wouldnt mind seeing Olsen get some burn for a couple of years, have BK RS, then start as a Soph, matured, and ready to go.

Advertisement
Im still a bit stunned by the news. The father is giddy, he can't wait for the ride to begin. He's actually just booking his flight to Louisville, now

Agree. I havent seen him live, but have read as much as I can on him, and watched every clip I can get my hands on. People are going WAY overboard on what they think he can do as a true Frosh. I dont think he's going to walk in here and start from day 1. This is a kid who would definitely benefit from a RS year, learning, developing, getting stronger, working on his mechanics, timing, getting a feel for the game at the next level. What's the most exciting about BK is his ceiling. The tools he has are phenomenal. Once he puts it all together, he has the ability to be something just amazing at QB. I wouldnt mind seeing Olsen get some burn for a couple of years, have BK RS, then start as a Soph, matured, and ready to go.

whelp

Advertisement
For better or for worse, he is going to walk in the door and start. Watching him for one game isn't going to give you everything, and I certainly didn't expect Olsen to be who he's turned out to be.

But, by all means, it does appear I was wrong.

595.gif

Kid has the tools and most important one is his brain. Not sure what to expect first game, Bernie started rough and won NC first year. Given Al's proven attraction for experience, I got to believe Kaaya just blew this thing away and we are in for a treat on Monday. No play in this kid, he is all about the game. I am hearing Phil Collins in my head. Can you feel it?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back