Ok... I've calmed down a bit now...

Golden is 1-17 against ranked teams. Let that sink in. We can't touch the Coastal. But we are on the right path.... Gotcha

Advertisement
NVA Cane when you fire Golden who is Miami going to hire? Miami is really not that as desirable of a position as people seem to believe. It pays very mediocre compared to most big time schools. Our fan base sucks- we call for the coaches head after every **** lost.

Honestly you are somewhat correct. I'm not a huge fan of Golden -yet. He hasn't proven enough to be called a great coach. I just don't want to fire him, hire and brand new coach and start over. Then 4 years later fire that coach for not going undefeated and winning national championships every year.

Rinse, wash, repeat

We have a coach who was up 23-7 at home and lost the game. And the argument is we can't fire him? GTFOH

Advertisement
Team is finally getting the necessary talent

By far the closest game we have played FSU in the past 4 years and this is their 2nd best team in YEARS

How come last year, or the year, or the year before did we get blown out?

Hey ever think the talent wasn't all cracked up to be? Ever think Golden got dealt an awful base of players to work with?

NVA Cane when you fire Golden who is Miami going to hire? Miami is really not that as desirable of a position as people seem to believe. It pays very mediocre compared to most big time schools. Our fan base sucks- we call for the coaches head after every **** lost.

Honestly you are somewhat correct. I'm not a huge fan of Golden -yet. He hasn't proven enough to be called a great coach. I just don't want to fire him, hire and brand new coach and start over. Then 4 years later fire that coach for not going undefeated and winning national championships every year.

Rinse, wash, repeat
Evidently the athletic department raised $100 million, so they have the money. There are solid coaches out there, that you don't have to break the bank for. There are sure bets that will cost more, it just takes an athletic department and school that is committed to winning. We have a stud QB, solid players all over the team. We just need a solid coach. I can guarantee you a Mark Stoops would get us 10 wins and win the coastal in his first year if he were hired at the end of this season. I'm sure there are others. AD just has to find them.

Advertisement
I see us potentially losing a lot of playmakers and speed next year... Duke, Dorsett, Walford, DP, and Feliciano will be missed...

The people saying not to get rid of the Albatross aren't taking this into account. It's always addition by subtracting. We are losing a lot this year and chances are we're going to be 8-4 or 7-5 again

Rinse, wash, repeat
. A decent coach gets this team on the right track quickly. We won't have to start over. You've been disillusioned by our string of bad hires, but a good one gets this team winning in no time. We have a decent set of players on this team. More than enough to win the coastal and at least play in the ACCG. Miami does not have sanctions to deal with. We could hire a pretty decent coach right now.

Miami IS on the right track. Yes, I am ****ed off. Yes, Ido place blame on not just the players but also the coaches. This was a wasted opportunity in my opinion.

BUT you must be blind if you do not see serious potential and capability in this team. Defense is improving, offense is improving. Are we perfect? **** NO. But we are still inexperienced and young and we WILL be better next year.

I know we all want to fire this staff but that will not solve this problem. Going through coaches every 4 years is not how you build a winning program. Our rebuilding has taken longer than I expected and I am tired of losing games. But put emotions aside and look at the direction. I'm much happier with the guys we have in place at this program than I was 4 years ago. I still think we are 1 year away (I know, we've all heard that problem).

But firing coach Golden and bringing in some random coach is not the solution to the problem. However I would argue that some assistant coaches (Jethro Franking and maybe Paul Williams) should go.

Needed this laugh desperately

Advertisement
Team is finally getting the necessary talent

By far the closest game we have played FSU in the past 4 years and this is their 2nd best team in YEARS

How come last year, or the year, or the year before did we get blown out?

Hey ever think the talent wasn't all cracked up to be? Ever think Golden got dealt an awful base of players to work with?

OkSU and NCState held them close too... They struggled with a lot of poor teams this year... If anything, this was the year to knock them off... They are quite young and our best players are upperclassmen... There will be no replacement for Duke, Dorsett, DP, Walford and Feliciano...

all-pets-suffer-from-stockholm-syndrome-meme.jpg

I see us potentially losing a lot of playmakers and speed next year... Duke, Dorsett, Walford, DP, and Feliciano will be missed...

This.

There are no replacements for a lot of talented kats on this team. Duke Johnson won us several games by his own self. I like Yearby; but he is NO duke johnson.

This team will be worse next year.

Advertisement
I can't blame Golden and the staff on this loss. However the other 3 this year are on him. The talent gap has shrunk.

Miami IS on the right track. Yes, I am ****ed off. Yes, Ido place blame on not the players but also the coaches. This was a wasted opportunity in my opinion.

BUT you must be blind if you do not see serious potential and capability in this team. Defense is improving, offense is improving. Are we perfect? **** NO. But we are still inexperienced and young and we WILL be better next year.

I know we all want to fire this staff but that will not solve this problem. Going through coaches every 4 years is not how you build a winning program. Our rebuilding has taken longer than I expected and I am tired of losing games. But put emotions aside and look at the direction. I'm much happier with the guys we have in place at this program than I was 4 years ago. I still think we are 1 year away (I know, we've all heard that problem).

But firing coach Golden and bringing in some random coach is not the solution to the problem. However I would argue that some assistant coaches (Jethro Franking and maybe Paul Williams) should go.

We all get the fact this team has shown dramatic improvement from the beginning of the year. I'll even go so far as to say that James Coley has grown tremendously as an OC and that Donofrio may be a good defensive coordinator. You are however missing the most crucial point.

This team will never get over the hunp and will continue to lose games like this until Al Golden stops taking the air out of the football and going into a shell every time we have a second half lead. He is a choker. The man is so afraid of losing that he instinctively begins to coach scared and not to lose instead of doing the things he needs to do to win. It's pathological with him. He is so risk averse that attacking while in the lead and putting the dagger into an opponent is a terrifying thought to him. In his psyche to continue attacking would be to tempt fate. Consequently he shuts down the offense and hides under the bleachers hoping that the clock will just magically tick away.

Now if may be different against the North Carolinas and Cincinnatis of the world but in big meaningful games against quality opponents what happened tonight will be par for the course. Until he abandons that mentally or is replaced, we will never compete for Championships.

This.

There are no replacements for a lot of talented kats on this team. Duke Johnson won us several games by his own self. I like Yearby; but he is NO duke johnson.

This team will be worse next year.
Yep. I see another 8 or 9 win season next year.

Advertisement
Back