Ok... I've calmed down a bit now...

reidz5

Redshirt Freshman
Banned
Miami IS on the right track. Yes, I am ****ed off. Yes, Ido place blame on not just the players but also the coaches. This was a wasted opportunity in my opinion.

BUT you must be blind if you do not see serious potential and capability in this team. Defense is improving, offense is improving. Are we perfect? **** NO. But we are still inexperienced and young and we WILL be better next year.

I know we all want to fire this staff but that will not solve this problem. Going through coaches every 4 years is not how you build a winning program. Our rebuilding has taken longer than I expected and I am tired of losing games. But put emotions aside and look at the direction. I'm much happier with the guys we have in place at this program than I was 4 years ago. I still think we are 1 year away (I know, we've all heard that problem).

But firing coach Golden and bringing in some random coach is not the solution to the problem. However I would argue that some assistant coaches (Jethro Franking and maybe Paul Williams) should go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
stfu year 4 and we are 6-4. just wait until you see how much talent on this roster was wasted when they are playing in pro bowls. gtfo

Miami IS on the right track. Yes, I am ****ed off. Yes, Ido place blame on not just the players but also the coaches. This was a wasted opportunity in my opinion.

BUT you must be blind if you do not see serious potential and capability in this team. Defense is improving, offense is improving. Are we perfect? **** NO. But we are still inexperienced and young and we WILL be better next year.

I know we all want to fire this staff but that will not solve this problem. Going through coaches every 4 years is not how you build a winning program. Our rebuilding has taken longer than I expected and I am tired of losing games. But put emotions aside and look at the direction. I'm much happier with the guys we have in place at this program than I was 4 years ago. I still think we are 1 year away (I know, we've all heard that problem).

But firing coach Golden and bringing in some random coach is not the solution to the problem. However I would argue that some assistant coaches (Jethro Franking and maybe Paul Williams) should go.

This is the problem with firing him that everybody doesn't understand.

You're starting over again. It's Kaaya in a new offense, when he's already proven himself to be a stud going forward. It's players in a new defense, RIGHT at the point that they're gaining understanding of this one.

Can you find a coach that puts us in a better position than the current infrastructure puts us in next year?

If you can, then sign me up, but that is FAR easier said than done.

We will never be relevant as long as Al Golden is the Head Coach at Miami.
you can take that to the bank.

Dude is what? 20-1 now against decent teams.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Butch Davis would have this team in the ACCG in year 2 of his tenure. If not sooner. Al has never even sniffed the coastal.

Advertisement
Everyone is always looking for the immediate solution and not looking long term at all.

"FIRE GOLDEN!"

Okay then what? Seriously give me a good answer who will Miami hire. Realize that you will have to completely start over with the program. If anything, this will make the rebuilding process even longer.

Don't be emotional fools and look for the quick easy solution to a problem.

I'd rather start over with a new coach, then keep a loser that I know for a fact will not maximize the talent he has.

Everyone is always looking for the immediate solution and not looking long term at all.

"FIRE GOLDEN!"

Okay then what? Seriously give me a good answer who will Miami hire. Realize that you will have to completely start over with the program. If anything, this will make the rebuilding process even longer.

So we can't hire a solid coach that can turn things around quickly in his first year? With the players we have, this isn't as big of a rebuilding project as you're making it out to be. You're just passively/aggressively saying you want golden to stay. I don't want a loser and I especially don't want a loser that celebrates moral victories. I'd rather roll my dice on potential home run hire.

Last edited:

"FIRE GOLDEN!"

I'll take anyone, this dude is soft, we could've ran them out the building tonight, but as usual...

Advertisement
Back