Ok enough farting around - let's hear the reasons why...

rok

Great Poster
we can win a national championship this year.

I'll start.

1.png:medium

Advertisement
I'll play. If Kaaya is one of these special kids that is mature and posed beyond his years and he plays well we have a potential National Championship caliber offense.

If the defense make a significant jump and Donofrio gets to say "I told you so" then we can beat anyone.

Special Teams return teams should be outstanding. Kicking game is a weakness until proven otherwise.

If a 3-9 Auburn Team can come within a minute of winning a National Title. Than our team can at least come as close as they did.

Advertisement
Louisville is completely different top to bottom.

Nebraska has multiple starters on D that are hurt.

UNC is super overrated.

VA Tech scares me the most just cuz last year and it's Thursday night in Blacksburg.

Question then becomes if we split with FSU and go 12-1, is that good enough to get us in the playoff?

Advertisement
Our DB's play out of their minds and just start taking the ball away from teams like playground bullies. Go Canes!

Louisville is completely different top to bottom.

Nebraska has multiple starters on D that are hurt.

UNC is super overrated.

VA Tech scares me the most just cuz last year and it's Thursday night in Blacksburg.

Question then becomes if we split with FSU and go 12-1, is that good enough to get us in the playoff?

I think if the split would be that Miami lost the regular season matchup against the Nolies, but beats them in the ACCCG then the CANES would make the playoff imho.

Advertisement
if our defense can at least get to mediocre level or better

and kayaa is the real deal and is able to put just enough points on the board without many turnovers i can see us having a decent year.... playoff spot is not even in my thinking right now

Chad Thomas has to get like 30 sacks and command triple teams. If Kaaya balls out, the only thing holding this team back is the defense.

Start the thread over and aim for the Coastal division or ACC champs.

Kaaya will have to meet, possibly exceed expectations. Our D will have to look like a D with several upperclassman starters. Duke will have to stay healthy. Someone will have to step up and take some pressure off Duke. We don't need a 50 yard FG to win a game. Our time of possession goes from just under 26 minutes a game up to 30+.

Lots will have to go our way for it to happen. It's not impossible, but it's not likely. Kaaya will have his freshman moments. Our D will have a game where they are on the field 35 minutes. We might miss a 50 harder to end the game. All these could happen on the same day. It's why I don't bet.

Advertisement
If Kayya is Manziel, Huertelou is Cortez Kennedy, and Chad Thomas is Hugh Green we have a shot. Let's also say KC McDermott is Tony Boselli. Then I'm onboard. Booking flights and rooms.

Advertisement
Back