Ohio Taint v Clemson regarding Clemson's sign stealing

Sign stealing is part of the game.

But if Clemson is using their army of GA’s and analysts throughout venues, in the stands and in boxes, to steal sideline info/signs, and transmitting those electronically, I’m not sure that’s kosher or within the rules.
Agree if it is at this level, but what I had read was that the coaches/assistants on the sideline/in the coaching box were just really good at picking it up from focusing and practicing it. If they have people in the stands, using technology, etc - then yes, that is not cool.

Advertisement
Agree if it is at this level, but what I had read was that the coaches/assistants on the sideline/in the coaching box were just really good at picking it up from focusing and practicing it. If they have people in the stands, using technology, etc - then yes, that is not cool.

Oh I think they’re good at doing the legal part of it, but it wouldn’t be surprise me if they were doing all kinds of other shady shlt too.

The game moves to fast to steal a sign, translate to the coach on the sideline and then get it 11 guys on the field.

I would say it would work maybe 2-3 times a game.

I know it was HS ball but we had our signs stolen all the time. But we tempo’ed so fast that by the team it go to the players, we were running the next play.

Eagles in the one Super Bowl. Every time we ran a screen they knew it.
And on the opposite end, remember that one series where the cheatriots ran about 3 screens in a row on Philly, ran a regular play than came right back to another screen, this was me watching that game, 1st screen: damyum get that ****, 2nd screen: damyum, ok, that was smart, caught them ****'s off guard running em back to back, 3rd screen: WTF, 4th screen: these ****'s cheating!

Advertisement
Oh I think they’re good at doing the legal part of it, but it wouldn’t be surprise me if they were doing all kinds of other shady shlt too.
I should have linked better stuff, but there were some articles that allege just that. They have a small army of GA's on the sideline and around the stadium. Kinda like the Astros did some clever legal stuff, and also couldn't help themselves and went way beyond.

They request a lot of extra passes every game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back