Ohio Taint v Clemson regarding Clemson's sign stealing

blushrts

Senior

I know I've seen some posts on here about Clemson and stealing offensive calls. Long thread on Reddit how they have taken it to another level and request extra sideline passes for GA's to work.

Ohio State caught them multiple times before they were set as they like to change the defensive call at the last minute. Skowski is the brains behind this.

Maybe with a full spring and fall Lashlee can throw some wrinkles at Venables.

Advertisement
LashLee already commented about this before our game with them.
True, but it was more just him acknowledging that teams do it, not that he was actively worried about it or had anything up his sleeve to combat it. But that could also be coach speak...

Advertisement
When you line up totally opposite of what your gonna do but the defense goes directly to the guy who has the ball as soon as the qb gets it you know they stole sht.

I think people said the same thing about the patriots. I’m pretty sure someone in the league said after a playoff game “every time we play them they seem to know the exact play we were going to run” “i don’t know how they do it”.

Last edited:
True, but it was more just him acknowledging that teams do it, not that he was actively worried about it or had anything up his sleeve to combat it. But that could also be coach speak...
Nobody came out and said it like he did.. He kinda brushed it off like most do it but he confirmed like yea everyone knows clemson does that, you better be prepared. He called them out on it but with a experience level of finesse

When you line up totally opposite of what your gonna do but the defense goes directly to the guy who has the ball as soon as the web getsthen you know they stole sht.

I think people said the same thing about the patriots. I’m pretty sure someone in the league said after a playoff game “every time we play them they seem to know the exact play we were going to run” “i don’t know how they do it”.
Eagles in the one Super Bowl. Every time we ran a screen they knew it.

Advertisement
Ohio State will have to carry that along with them another week.

Bama does the same thing, perhaps to an even larger degree

I know I've seen some posts on here about Clemson and stealing offensive calls. Long thread on Reddit how they have taken it to another level and request extra sideline passes for GA's to work.

Ohio State caught them multiple times before they were set as they like to change the defensive call at the last minute. Skowski is the brains behind this.

Maybe with a full spring and fall Lashlee can throw some wrinkles at Venables.
Lashlee needs something else besides Just going faster

Advertisement
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think if other teams are stealing your signs you need to conceal them better.
Lol right? So many teams have them big *** poster boards anyway now. **** the entire stadium can read those signs

Advertisement
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think if other teams are stealing your signs you need to conceal them better.
No issue with stealing signs by decoding your opponents signals during a game combined with film study. Stealing signs by sneaking into practice, getting playbooks, etc is not cool.

From everything I have read, Clemson is just really good at deciphering your plays during games - good on them.

No issue with stealing signs by decoding your opponents signals during a game combined with film study. Stealing signs by sneaking into practice, getting playbooks, etc is not cool.

From everything I have read, Clemson is just really good at deciphering your plays during games - good on them.

Sure. Who cares if a few schools have a handful of paid positions that specialize in it, while others can't afford massive football staffs? And that those same few schools that can afford to do it, specifically film the sidelines of the opponent during previous weeks games (something that, if you remember, the NFL cracks down on.) That's alright too I guess. Makes you wonder why you're on the message board of a program that could never afford all those extra sign-stealing analysts. Just a glutton for punishment, I guess?

Advertisement
Back