Oh please, oh please, bring Clemson down

Advertisement
who is the first guy in the pic up there ^^^

the one who is holding (what looks like) around 10K

How else was a ****ty school in SC going to come and get 3 of the top FLA players last year. It has been pretty obvious.

and that Hotel is pretty pricey. If they stayed there for months, that would have been a $10,000 tab.

Which again is not really that much money. Plus, the hotel exec was involved so I'm sure it was more like a vegas comp thing as opposed to someone paying the normal price for all of that time. At any rate, I guess when Clemson specifics came to light, I was expecting the numbers to be much higher and the violations to be more egregious. Hookups similar to that are par for the course imo. Heck, South Carolina right now is being investigated for something similar. Although the hotel price wasn't as steep, I think the number of days actually totaled more than a year.

It doesnt matter if it was a comp, they cant receive any benefits that a normal student wouldn't get. Since a normal student wouldn't be given a hotel free of charge, they would look at what they would have had to pay when determining the value.

As for the more egregious, I think everyone realizes that this is not LOIC inducing material, but hopes it opens the door to more violations. I also have to think, the more stuff gets out, the more cautious schools will become and it helps even the playing field.

The SC thing, I admit I dont know the details that well, but wasn't that smaller potatoes like they arranged a deal with the hotel that got recruits a cheaper rate or something? I realize that still breaks the rules, but I think that is clearly different than putting someone's family up in a hotel free of charge for months.

How else was a ****ty school in SC going to come and get 3 of the top FLA players last year. It has been pretty obvious.

and that Hotel is pretty pricey. If they stayed there for months, that would have been a $10,000 tab.

Which again is not really that much money. Plus, the hotel exec was involved so I'm sure it was more like a vegas comp thing as opposed to someone paying the normal price for all of that time. At any rate, I guess when Clemson specifics came to light, I was expecting the numbers to be much higher and the violations to be more egregious. Hookups similar to that are par for the course imo. Heck, South Carolina right now is being investigated for something similar. Although the hotel price wasn't as steep, I think the number of days actually totaled more than a year.

It doesnt matter if it was a comp, they cant receive any benefits that a normal student wouldn't get. Since a normal student wouldn't be given a hotel free of charge, they would look at what they would have had to pay when determining the value.

As for the more egregious, I think everyone realizes that this is not LOIC inducing material, but hopes it opens the door to more violations. I also have to think, the more stuff gets out, the more cautious schools will become and it helps even the playing field.

The SC thing, I admit I dont know the details that well, but wasn't that smaller potatoes like they arranged a deal with the hotel that got recruits a cheaper rate or something? I realize that still breaks the rules, but I think that is clearly different than putting someone's family up in a hotel free of charge for months.

With regards to my comparison of a Vegas Comp, I know it's stil la violation. My point was that when discussing Clemson, I was looking for something a bit bigger.

With regards to Carolina, I guess you can consider it smaller potatoes if we're simply talking about a daily price, but a hotel in Columbia is going to be cheaper. Overall, though, the South Carolina numbers are worse overall. The hotel hookup amounted to over $47,000. In fact, I'm certain that one of the kids was literally living at the hotel fr over a year, and someone affiliated with the school knew about it.

Advertisement
With regards to Carolina, I guess you can consider it smaller potatoes if we're simply talking about a daily price, but a hotel in Columbia is going to be cheaper. Overall, though, the South Carolina numbers are worse overall. The hotel hookup amounted to over $47,000. In fact, I'm certain that one of the kids was literally living at the hotel fr over a year, and someone affiliated with the school knew about it.

I didnt realize they were that extensive.

Does anyone have any other links about this story? I am not sure about the quality of the link that was posted? Are other sites reporting on it?

Advertisement
Back