Oh, no! We suck again!

Advertisement
New coach in his second year and a key injury prior to the start of the season.

But if you want to complain about the AD or athletic department administration, there is no trend. They flatlined the day Blake James was hired.

I don't "need" to do anything. Stay in your lane.

He began to reverse the downturn that he helped cause? Congratulations, Mr. Shannon.

Your posts are the definition of "trolling".

Every thread in which you post...you bring it down...you destroy every thread...you insult everyone, you pontificate with your misleading statistics, and you start fights with everyone.

Then you get banned and you come back under a different screen name to do it all over again.

Miami can't win the national championship every year. We won 4 times in 19 years and now we have gone 19 years without winning the championship. I would desperately like to win more, but there are significant challenges.

There is a reason why the College World Series championship (and even the runner-up team) has been been dominated by state schools for the past 20 years. The only exceptions have been Vandy and Rice, which have such massive endowments that they are able to pay 100% of the costs on a need basis for all students (thus making those private schools more like public schools for baseball players who only get partial scholarships).

But, hey, keep calling DiMare and Morris names. Everyone hates you anyhow.

But make no mistake, you ARE a troll.

Advertisement
Every thread in which you post...you bring it down...you destroy every thread...you insult everyone, you pontificate with your misleading statistics, and you start fights with everyone.

I don't insult anyone. I shred their posts, but I don't insult anyone. I also don't use misleading stats. There is nothing to mislead. We have done the same thing for 12 years.

Miami can't win the national championship every year. We won 4 times in 19 years and now we have gone 19 years without winning the championship. I would desperately like to win more, but there are significant challenges.

This is rich. People aren't demanding a national championship every year. We are approaching 20 years since we won the the thing. Instead, people are asking for a program that at least competes for national titles. We rarely go to Omaha anymore, and when we do, we get blown out and sent home early.

There is a reason why the College World Series championship (and even the runner-up team) has been been dominated by state schools for the past 20 years. The only exceptions have been Vandy and Rice, which have such massive endowments that they are able to pay 100% of the costs on a need basis for all students (thus making those private schools more like public schools for baseball players who only get partial scholarships).

We have had top recruiting classes. If we were consistently recruiting around #15, you might have a point. But you can't have top recruiting classes, fizzle out in a regional, and then blame a lack of talent because our tuition is higher.

But, hey, keep calling DiMare and Morris names. Everyone hates you anyhow.

Names? I don't call them names. I point out their results. Their results are more damning than any name I could come up with.

FYI, I couldn't care less if people on this board hate me. I literally couldn't care less. I don't come here for Canes camaraderie.

2019 Regional, First Round
Central Michigan 6 Miami 5

"IT'S BECAUSE OF OUR TUITION! WE CAN'T COMPETE WITH A PUBLIC SCHOOL LIKE CENTRAL MICHIGAN!!!"

Thank you for proving everything that I just wrote (and which you tried to rebut).

A PERFECT example of one of your misleading stats. I correctly point out 20 years of college baseball champions, and how state schools now dominate in that area, while you bust out...ONE GAME...and then you act as if you have won the argument, what with your all caps and exclamation points. Hilarious.

The fact remains, when kids have only a partial scholarship to come to Miami...and they see the bill they are going to have to pay...it has become easier and easier over the past 20 years for those kids to pick UCF and FAU and FIU and USF and FGCU. That's a fact. That is a trend that has been going on for 20 years, and you bringing up one game doesn't change that.

You act as if you are here to "talk baseball", but you are not. You are only here to bloviate your bully viewpoints. Sure, EVERYTHING wrong with Miami has to do with DiMare or Morris. It can't POSSIBLY be any other factors. You remind me of those racists in Alabama in the 1950s and 1960s, insisting that they didn't need black athletes to compete in a CHANGING college football environment.

Sure, just keep screaming about who the head coach is. It can't possibly be anything else. Yeah, we have failed because we hired from within, rather than to conduct a "national search". That's it, you have all the answers, you know everything, you are always right.

You are a petulant, screaming, bullying, name-calling, whining "fan" of the program who can't find any reason to hope or be happy. You are miserable. You need to stop inflicting your misery on everyone else.

Fraser coached for 30 years, 2 national championships.

Morris coached for 25 years, 2 national championships. Outside of his last 2 seasons, we made the post-season 15 times in a row after our last championship in 2001. In 6 of those 15 years, we made it to Omaha, including 2015 and 2016.

Nobody disputes that 2017 and 2018 were bad years.

2019 was an improvement. And you have exactly ONE year of data, but you still insist on slandering DiMare every chance you get. Come on, you can be honest, we went to school at the same time...did he steal your girlfriend? Maybe he stole your boyfriend. Whatever it is, get over it already.

If you want to keep your head in the sand, that's up to you. The game of college baseball is changing. You can deny it, but you can't change that.

Take your 24-7-365 negativity and start your own anti-Miami-baseball website, you troll.

A PERFECT example of one of your misleading stats. I correctly point out 20 years of college baseball champions, and how state schools now dominate in that area, while you bust out...ONE GAME...and then you act as if you have won the argument, what with your all caps and exclamation points. Hilarious.

I've got 20 years worth of "one game" if you're interested.

The fact remains, when kids have only a partial scholarship to come to Miami...and they see the bill they are going to have to pay...it has become easier and easier over the past 20 years for those kids to pick UCF and FAU and FIU and USF and FGCU. That's a fact. That is a trend that has been going on for 20 years, and you bringing up one game doesn't change that.

So even though we have top five recruiting classes, they really aren't that good since other guys turned us down over tuition.

Sure, just keep screaming about who the head coach is. It can't possibly be anything else. Yeah, we have failed because we hired from within, rather than to conduct a "national search". That's it, you have all the answers, you know everything, you are always right.

Yes, we failed by not doing a national search. A program with our history should have hired the best person available.

You are a petulant, screaming, bullying, name-calling, whining "fan" of the program who can't find any reason to hope or be happy. You are miserable. You need to stop inflicting your misery on everyone else.

Ironically, all of your posts are more whiny and consist of more name calling than anything I have ever posted. I don't call anyone names. Ever.

Morris coached for 25 years, 2 national championships. Outside of his last 2 seasons, we made the post-season 15 times in a row after our last championship in 2001. In 6 of those 15 years, we made it to Omaha, including 2015 and 2016.

Thank you for the history lesson. That history is exactly why we shouldn't be getting manhandled by Florida every year.

2019 was an improvement. And you have exactly ONE year of data, but you still insist on slandering DiMare every chance you get. Come on, you can be honest, we went to school at the same time...did he steal your girlfriend? Maybe he stole your boyfriend. Whatever it is, get over it already.

We did go to school at the same time, and I never did and still don't have anything against Gino personally. He just isn't a very good head coach and shouldn't have been handed the job so that he could learn on the fly.

If you want to keep your head in the sand, that's up to you. The game of college baseball is changing. You can deny it, but you can't change that.

What does that have to do with the inability to hit a cutoff man or run bases correctly? High school teams find a way. Why can't Gino?

Advertisement
So we're congratulating the head coach of the University of Miami baseball team for taking them to the postseason. Read that out loud to yourself.
First time in two years you read it again.first off the canes baseball team is a lot better today than it was two years ago at this time.

@purplepeopleeater you talk about high expectations every cane fan knows about the expectations of the baseball team.but to be realistic two years ago this team hit rock bottom just like the football team did last season.which basically means the team had to start over like back frasier took over and we had no tradition.you and others have to realize this kids today don't have that veteran to show them this is how it's done.they have learn it on their own and as they grow up there will be bumps in the road like being swept by the gaytors.only thing we fans can do is hope the players learn from that.

holycane and I must be trolls, because all real UM fans are happy with the athletic programs. There are no doubters in the real fan base.
My main reason for bytching like this is Blake James, who is totally incompetent and has ruined every team at this school to such an extent that we are not fielding a Div 1 team in any sport. Should have been fired along with Golden.
As for the team being better, I just don’t see it We’re still horrendous against ANY team with a pulse,

Last edited:
Advertisement
My main reason for bytching like this is Blake James, who is totally incompetent and has ruined every team at this school to such an extent that we are not fielding a Div 1 team in any sport. Should have been fired along with Golden.
As for the team being better, I just don’t see it We’re still horrendous against ANY team with a pulse,
Then put the blame where it belongs. By everyone complaining about Gino and Manny, all they'll do is replace them with two other easy choices.

Blake James is the problem.

Thank you for proving everything that I just wrote (and which you tried to rebut).

You act as if you are here to "talk baseball", but you are not. You are only here to bloviate your bully viewpoints. Sure, EVERYTHING wrong with Miami has to do with DiMare or Morris. It can't POSSIBLY be any other factors. You remind me of those racists in Alabama in the 1950s and 1960s, insisting that they didn't need black athletes to compete in a CHANGING college football environment.

Nobody disputes that 2017 and 2018 were bad years.

Take your 24-7-365 negativity and start your own anti-Miami-baseball website, you troll.
Thanks well said. He is indeed a worthless Pos fan.

Then put the blame where it belongs. By everyone complaining about Gino and Manny, all they'll do is replace them with two other easy choices.

Blake James is the problem.

Wait, so James hired an assistant coach who was part of a floundering program without considering other candidates and it's not working out? And the coach's dad was a rich and powerful guy? Wow. No one could have seen this coming.

Advertisement
Wait, so James hired an assistant coach who was part of a floundering program without considering other candidates and it's not working out? And the coach's dad was a rich and powerful guy? Wow. No one could have seen this coming.
None of those details mattered to him. Manny was simply the least amount of work he could do to hire a coach.

Team has underachieved for years and the fans have a right to be frustrated. To say we do not have the horses due to changes in the game is kind of comical as Jagr pointed out with our classes and the fact that we were #1 at a point this season. We have the talent, we just cannot get the best out of it, not to mention the pains of learning on the fly.

I was vocal about being upset with giving Morris a victory lap when he seemed checked out the last few years. A good AD would have pulled the trigger on him prior to the collapse of the team and streak. I was also vocal about the hiring of Gino. You don't give the keys to a blue blood program to an assistant without some due diligence. Same with the football program.

Yes, Blake is the root of all evil and I do not blame Gino or Manny for taking the positions as they are dream jobs. However, neither is ready for primetime and we should not be the training ground for coached cutting their teeth. Also, we should not be a fan base making excuses for underachieving for 20 years in sports we once dominated. But just wait until next year, right? Or is it we just can't compete because we are a lowly private school and the chips are stacked against us? Eff that, win now and win big!

Advertisement
Back